SOUS WEED - decarb and MCT oil infusion with immersion circulator

OLaC

2 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

@OLaC can you pm a link to the actual device on amazon as im not exactly sure what im looking for.

Cheers. Toke...

No problems mate, I'll send you a pm now.

sous vide isn't completely necessary to make the capsules but I do prefer the smell free decarb and being able to leave it do its thing with no interference from me whilst infusing.

Also the vacuum sealer isn't necessary (can use ziplock bags with a technique or mason jars, but again just makes life easier.

• Like 4

Smell free decarb is whats got me interested to be honest, at least then I don't have to wait on everyone in the street goes shopping lol.

Toke...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

Smell free decarb is whats got me interested to be honest, at least then I don't have to wait on everyone in the street goes shopping lol.

Toke...

lol yeh it fricken stinks in the oven even if I do cover with foil, also nigh on impossible to maintain the temperature. I was using a laser thermometer and getting all sorts of readings over the course of the 45 mins. It takes longer on the sous vide but you get a lovely even decarb as the temp is maintained perfectly for the entire time and cos the herb is vacuum sealed there's less surface area and everything gets cooked evenly.

E2a: I now try not to exceed 10-14g per sealed bag when decarbing. When I did an Oz the bag blew up like a gallon from all the carbon dioxide released and wasn't fun trying to keep it submerged lol

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 5

@OLaC when you say you add the MCT to the water im confused there. Should it not be in the bag with the weed?.

Thanks for posting the details on this and the fact it can go into capsules is great, I will find this very good to stop my spasms at night before the wife kills me, and also a mate that will welcome it in this form.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

@OLaC when you say you add the MCT to the water im confused there. Should it not be in the bag with the weed?.

Thanks for posting the details on this and the fact it can go into capsules is great, I will find this very good to stop my spasms at night before the wife kills me, and also a mate that will welcome it in this form.

Toke...

Sorry mate, i rushed that post, ill try and write a better guide next time. 

@tokenroll

After decarbing I cut open the bag, smash up the bud some more with a back of a heavy knife whilst still in the bag, add the 1/2 cup of MCT to the bag of decarbed bud then I re seal the bag. Be sure to use the pulse setting when vacuuming so you don't suck up the oil. I keep pulsing until I can see the oil get near the top then stop and seal.

Really hope they help mate, I sleep lovely off two and pretty much wake up in the exact same spot I fell asleep in. According to my watch I get a lot more deep sleep too, I'm not sure how accurate the sleep tracker is though.

My girlfriend doesn't smoke but she likes to partake in one capsule from time to time, she gets a nice manageable high from it. 5+ is where it starts getting messy lol

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 5

@OLaC perfect and thank you. Kit has been ordered now and I will do a post when I get around to making it. Im still testing out my overproof rum tincture about 4 drops and im fucked but man that rum burns the shit clean out of you. Time to start adding it to a glass of pure orange in the mornings. It's helping the mate even if it makes him feel like he is in fire lol.

Toke...

• Like 4

@tokenroll oof! That sounds good, I've not tried a tincture yet, been meaning to as o do like the idea of just putting a couple of drops under the toungue and away you go! 

I'd definitely recommend doing butter the exact same method too, I use 2/3 cup of butter as I lose a bit when straining. It was so strong, I made 10 cookies with it and they're freaking lethal! 

I want to try a chocolate recipe next, apparently it's easy to temper the chocolate in the sous vide because it maintains the correct temperature, I don't fancy adding oil or butter though to the chocolate but a tincture could work I reckon. Will have to give it a go.

• Like 3

@OLaC I have a nice stash of cookies in the freezer for the last two years and to be honest I need to bin the box of them, 1/4 of one and that's it for the next 6 hours, total retard. Wife said she never had a more boring new year in her life, because 12 people foaming at the mouth and unable to speak or move was deafining. Sitting looking at a pint of beer for hours and no idea how to actually lift it never mind drink it. If I recall I used about 10 ounces of trim that I saved up and put that to 2kg's of coconut butter and made the life insurance no longer applies cookies. The seagulls had a go at it months later and to say the least flying was not something they where good at anymore, light entertainment while having a bbq in the summer. Seriously scared thed shit out of me they did, wife was not impressed when we went to bed and she could hear and feel my heart beat. 

I have some weaker stuff I keep in the fridge and use it to butter a slice of toast, once eaten your doing nothing the rest of the day, but at bedtime its great if you don't mind the weird trippy dreams.

Tincture kicked in that's me later and thanks.

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/01/2020 at 7:41 AM, highcontrast said:

How much lecithin are people adding to their mix ? 

Just 1 or 1/2 teaspoon. Doesn't need much.

• Like 2

@OLaCI tried again with just over 2gms of rosin. I started taking them last night but made the mistake of thinking that they weren't working so took loads more, not sure how many. I have only just started to feel normal again! lol 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dirk_Diggler147 said:

@OLaCI tried again with just over 2gms of rosin. I started taking them last night but made the mistake of thinking that they weren't working so took loads more, not sure how many. I have only just started to feel normal again! lol 

lol I've been there! The moment when you realise youve taken too many..I think, right, too late now, let's strap myself in and get ready for blast off!

Experimented with chocolates last week. Made some super strength dark and lighter strength milk..i had two dark, 4 milk and 2 capsules and was utterly wasted... the missus had one and a half of the weaker ones and was battered lol so it Worked well although I couldn't get the chocolate to temper properly when adding coconut oil or butter.

So this week (if everything arrives on time) I plan on making RSO, infusing that into some cocoa butter and adding that to the chocolate..should be much easier to temper then.. something wierd happens when eating it with chocolate, I much prefer the effects so am determined to get this technique down.

Will probably do a thread although proper tempered couveture chocolate infusions seems to be a tricky mistress so might not go as planned. haven't found a great deal of resources so might take a few more attempts to perfect.

• Like 2

Great thread this, opened my eyes beyond milk and butter infusing. I went smaller and slow cooked 6 grams with 50ml of oil. provided me roughly 50 caps. Im back on antibiotics again so not wanting to push it yet.

The sous vide is now on the wanted list to have a smell free way of cooking, and maybe a larger capsule machine :doh:

large_caps.PNG

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

6 months on and i have just finished my first 1000 gel cap bag! 

My lungs are grateful and my stomach too infact, no longer a fatty here. I rely on these for them painfree days, much easier to dose regular when your eating properly :yinyang: 

Couldn't get any of the regular clears and these turned up in different packaging, a little leaky these ones but its all good. Im tempted to try the vegetarian ones, read a few reviews saying they good with oil, @OLaC or anyone else try'd them out for our purpose yet? 

Off down that rabbit hole :smokin:

large_red.JPG

• Like 2