The eBay for drugs: 'Silk Road' website allows UK drug users t

indicatoker420

• The drugs are being disguised inside packages and being innocently delivered by Royal Mail
  • Silk Road is known as the eBay of the drugs world and allows people to find the best price and also rate the people who sold it to them
  • Royal Mail say they have security procedures in place to intercept this post
  • The site has £14m annual sales worldwide

Class A drugs are being delivered to homes across the UK by Royal Mail to customers who have bought them online like they were using Amazon or eBay, it has been revealed.

Ecstasy, heroin, cannabis and cocaine are all on offer on the website Silk Road, and users say it is ‘easier and safer’ than buying drugs from dealers on street corners.

UK shoppers can choose their illegal drugs with the click of a mouse and then wait for a neatly packaged parcel, with drugs disguised inside, to fall through their letter box.

Silk Road is an illegal replica online marketplace like eBay, with buyers and sellers, dispute and resolution services and feedback ratings.

The website is accessed via a programme called Tor which enables all members to remain anonymous online and uses an 'onion' system to make sure their IP address is always hidden from police.

An investigation by an online computer security professor in America earlier this year estimated that Silk Road boasts an annual sales figure of £14million.

One clubber from Brighton, Sussex said: ‘There’s a group of us in Brighton who always order stuff online, it’s safer than going out to some dodgy car park somewhere.

‘It’s just so much easier and I know the quality of the stuff I order isn’t going to be compromised.

‘If I am ordering one or two things in a package like this then it won’t get picked up by the postal guys.

‘I reckon if I started ordering loads of stuff though in massive quantities it would probably mean trouble.’

Drugs are bought with ‘Bitcoins’, an untraceable digital currency.

A 30-year-old DJ from Hove, Sussex who did not want to be named said: ‘I was shocked at how easy it was at first.

‘I was used to having to call friends of friends to try and sort stuff out but now I just go online and wait.

‘There’s quite a decent community on there with some intelligent people, it’s not full of druggies like some people would think.

‘Why would I want to try and score from some dodgy dealer in a nightclub when I can just get it delivered to my doorstep? It’s a no-brainer.’

Sussex Police said they were completely unaware of the practise and had ‘no intelligence’ on dealers using encrypted websites to supply illegal drugs by post.

A spokeswoman said: ‘Sussex police welcomes any intelligence with regard to the supply of illicit drugs, which are a constant threat to our community, it’s a timely reminder that any drugs whether bought in person on the street or internet will come from dubious origin.’

The Royal Mail said they never knowingly allowed illegal substances to be delivered by post, but refused to disclose the steps taken to prevent postal dealing.

A spokesperson said: ‘For obvious reasons, we are not able to give any further details about our security measures as this would compromise our operations.’

A spokesman from Brighton drug charity CRI said: ‘Traditionally the Class A drugs market in Brighton is based on face-face meetings and it’s fairly open but this news just adds another worrying dimension to that.

‘I would warn users of the website to really think about what you are doing.

‘You don’t know what it is you’re buying or what it’s been cut with.

‘It exposes people to a high level of risk.

‘We of course don’t advocate the purchase or use of drugs, but if you are going to then make sure it’s from a trusted source.

‘We will do our best work from Sussex Police and the health services to help raise awareness of this.’

Link - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2235199/The-eBay-drugs-Silk-Road-website-allows-drug-users-buy-heroin-cannabis-mail-order-world.html

Edited by distracted
  • Like 3

No personal stories or additional information on this subject please, we won't censor news but anything beyond the news will break site rules

• Like 6

Since I first read about the Silk Road in July 2011, I have to congratulate the Mail on having it's finger on the pulse.

Are they still running stories about the evils of the Charleston ?

• Like 5

Hopefully there's nothing they can do to block it or trace users.

Have been on there a few times, never bought anything, just curiosity really, the smokes a bit expensive tbh but I wouldnt mind some nice hash from there.

I really like the peer review system, I'm sure some people do get ripped off every now and then but with peer review it makes good buisness sense not to rip people off and to supply a quality product for the repeat custom.

• Like 1

[*] Royal Mail say they have security procedures in place to intercept this post

[*] The site has £14m annual sales worldwide

lol lol lol Now, I bloody well know I'm not a Genius Royal Mail but......"The obvious" lol

peace :hippy:

Amazon would be a hell of a lot cheaper. Madness how prohibition creates this kind of consenting extortion.

Also worth pointing out that Tor was invented by US military and it does have back doors. Ask yourself tho, are they bothered about people paying $20 for one oxycodone? Probably not.

It's also worth asking where do all these illegitimate pharmaceuticals come from? Do these pharma cos really not have any kind of stock inventory system? Bollocks they don't, but they do love money.

Edited by Renegade Crusader

I'm bored with eBay. Does anyone reckon I could get a half-decent second-hand mattress from Silk Road?

Maybe but I reckon your postman will grumble at delivering it and you will need a massive letterbox :unsure:

• Like 3

Maybe but I reckon your postman will grumble at delivering it and you will need a massive letterbox :unsure:

Good points, Distracted, but nothing will frustrate my mattress-delivery plans. My postman is a Sherpa and I have a mattressbox.

• Like 5

I have a mattressbox.

Do you have a 3000D sentry system fitted to your mattressbox? my mate got broken into through his matressbox, no 3000D you see :headpain: the Police say that there can't be that many thieves skinny enough and they will get their man but thats no consolation for my mate in the meantime and he's now buggered his back sleeping on the lathes.. to be honest I wouldn't want it back myself, second hand is fine but it will be third hand now :puke:

• Like 3