SOUS WEED - decarb and MCT oil infusion with immersion circulator

OLaC

Made some canna oil capsules today using the sous vide wand. Thought I'd take some photos and share.

Take 1/2oz of slurricane trim and popcorn nugs, chop roughly and vacuum seal. I've added some spoons and sealed seperately to weigh it down.

large.IMG_20191127_175118-756x1008.jpg

Once your water reaches 93.3C place the bag in the water for 2hrs.

large.IMG_20191127_182720-1008x756.jpg

The spoons didn't cut it! I need to get a rack. Weighed down the bag with a garlic crusher. Next time I'll split the 1/2oz into 2 bags as I forget how much carbon dioxide is released during the process 

Next add half a cup of MCT oil and put it in the water at 85C for 4hrs.

large.IMG_20191129_111030-756x1008.jpglarge.IMG_20191129_110910-1008x756.jpg

Once finished, sieve through coffee filter or cheese cloth and then syringe into your empty 00 capsules.

large.IMG_20191129_145713-756x1008.jpg

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 14

4 minutes ago, zabz said:

I know what I'm getting for crimbo :yep:

They cook a cracking steak too! Bonus! lol

I wanted the ardent Nova and magical butter machine but they're so pricey this was £65 for the wand and the vacuum sealer in a Amazon deal, then spent just over a tenner on the 'sous vide container' for convenience.

They've done lab tests and you get a full Decarboxylation: Marijuana Alchemy: https://youtu.be/meWaG19PL4o

No smell either!

• Like 4

I've been waning the ability to cook like this, I hear steak is amazing done this way as you say.

Not sure I'm getting... I'll read again when not wasted :stoned:

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi @OLaC looks great!

are you able to say where you get the mct from?

also can this be vaped through anything or would special equipment be needed? I have something I use to vape nicotine 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dirk_Diggler147 said:

Hi @OLaC looks great!

are you able to say where you get the mct from?

also can this be vaped through anything or would special equipment be needed? I have something I use to vape nicotine 

From Amazon.

No don't vape it, this is  just for cooking or capsules, MCT is more convenient as stays in liquid form so don't have to melt a big chunk of the regular stuff before making edibles.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

I've been waning the ability to cook like this, I hear steak is amazing done this way as you say.

Not sure I'm getting... I'll read again when not wasted :stoned:

Thanks.

Here's my first attempt, 2hrs in and then a 60 second sear each side on the cast iron pan. It was tasty but reckon there's room for improvement for sure large.IMG_20191128_190757-756x1008.jpg

• Like 6

It was steak with my Ma who was visiting so thought I'd better not lol

I wanted to check the inside and take a snap before I added the potato lattices and wild mushroom sauce :yep:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Dirk_Diggler147 said:

Thanks @OLaC for the guide worked a treat :D

large_Caps.jpg

They look great mate!

Let me know how you get on, I find 2 give me a nice high and good night's sleep...5 send me to space lol

Obviously dosing will be different with yours with rosin... probably stronger so be careful!

• Like 2

Going to try one tonight when everyone has gone to bed so they won't see me going up the walls!

Added the Lecithin as you suggested as well.

Any idea on the best way to store these?

• Like 1

Just now, Dirk_Diggler147 said:

Going to try one tonight when everyone has gone to bed so they won't see me going up the walls!

Added the Lecithin as you suggested as well.

Any idea on the best way to store these?

Nice lol, one might be quite mellow as they contain such little volume,  so have another on standby lol with the lecithin added you should start feeling the effects  not long after an hour, if you don't feel anything going, take two more.. 

In my experience with any kind of edibles you have to take too many so you know how many to take next time lol

• Like 1