122 replies to this topic

#16 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38030 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

Awe, is the poor likkle troll upset den?

#17 meade

meade

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hi Arnold

I'll be following this one closely if you don't mind :) thanks for the help with my plants they look much better today.

#18 AustrianTokker

AustrianTokker

Flying in My Bat Suit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2577 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

I hope you don't mind me lurking with this one as well. I loved the intro but hope you get some pain relief from them at the end - your medical condition mustn't be funny at all.
I also think that your critical stance on fem seeds will perhaps shed some more light on this highly controversial topic. Best of luck!

AT :oldtoker:

Edited by AustrianTokker, 18 March 2012 - 09:43 AM.

"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is: Infinite." -- Adventures in/out of the Bonanza -- Mixed Indoor Greens -- AT is Back, But in the Alps! -- The Austrian Lost In a UK Forrest

#19 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38030 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hey, Meade - glad your plants are looking good, there's nowt quite like the sight of a healthy weed plant in full floral abundance, in my book!

And AutrianTokker, glad to have you aboard the Diary mate :yep: Nope, it ain't funny but if I do not take the piss out of it I'd weep! Got me a fine specimen of sciatica today, lovely sharp stabs to the buttock with pretty little leg spasms all the way down. Ooooooooh, Betty! Ne'er mind, the morning Oxycontin will soon kick in and boot it to touch! Which is good because I have to walk to the vets with my dog... she's going to be "done" today; womb out, zip in! No unwanted puppies going to come from this little bundle of chaos:
Posted Image

She's going barmy right now, since I've had her out for a run, and now she expects breakfast but its not forthcoming!

Edited by Arnold Layne, 19 March 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#20 Percy Bud

Percy Bud

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I'm a luddite, and an organic-minded old hippe and have no intentions of using "Femmed" seeds. Never have, never will. Just puts money in some bugger's pocket when all they've done is thrown a batch of chems at a plant? No, not for me anyhoddle........

Its a personal thing - I don't want female seeds, I have no need or use for them. They are a novelty gimmik, and making mucho cash for their creators. That's fine - just gonna be your cash, not mine lol

The only advice I would ever give about femmed seeds is to reject them. I am ethically opposed to the whole femmed seed business, and would never encourage anyone to use femmed seed, even if they come wrapped in free twenty pound notes.

I guess these came wrapped in fifty pound notes.

Hypocrite.
If you can't be good, be careful. If you can't be careful, don't get caught!

Santa Maria, Smellyberry and Headband.

#21 vince noir rock n roll star

vince noir rock n roll star

its all about the thumbs

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14196 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

hope you dont mind me pulling a pew up .the ortega tickles my interest because of the write up in weed world about it ..it stays short firstly ..thats a big plus to me ,and 2ndly its a night time knock out with pain relief leaving the head clear in the morning ..another big plus ..i dont give a hoot if its fem reg auto black white purple or rabbit poo shaped ..as long as it does what it says on the tin eh ..

good luck with the grow arnold .
It went to bollocks pages ago, then hit the anus running and is now somewhere around the colon. boojum 10/2010
http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=221494 the diy under a fiver pollinator now poke it with a stick ,if it moves ..fuck it and eat it .sweet seeds 2009/10 competition grow .with no effort http://www.uk420.com...pic=185904sweet seeds 2011 competition grow possibly the greatest grow diary of all time http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=240612 its all about the mrs hazys hoohoo extravanganza

#22 FAI

FAI

In The Ghetto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4819 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

What the fuck is wrong with you Percy and gunner :( :soap:
So what??....Arnolds opposition/opinion on femmed seeds is well known to anyone who has read the boards for any amount of time.
He is willing to try them and give them fair go.....which is a lot more than can be said of your attitude towards him.
I may be daft, but I'm not stupid!

"All other swidlers upon earth are nothing to the self-swindlers, and with such pretences did I cheat myself"

DANZIG - 'I'm not going to waste the autumn of my life on fuckwits and their fuckwittery'

#23 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38030 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

I'm a luddite, and an organic-minded old hippe and have no intentions of using "Femmed" seeds. Never have, never will. Just puts money in some bugger's pocket when all they've done is thrown a batch of chems at a plant? No, not for me anyhoddle........

Its a personal thing - I don't want female seeds, I have no need or use for them. They are a novelty gimmik, and making mucho cash for their creators. That's fine - just gonna be your cash, not mine lol

The only advice I would ever give about femmed seeds is to reject them. I am ethically opposed to the whole femmed seed business, and would never encourage anyone to use femmed seed, even if they come wrapped in free twenty pound notes.

I guess these came wrapped in fifty pound notes.

Hypocrite.

You guess wrong.
:yawn:

#24 DutchPassionTony

DutchPassionTony

grateful for life

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1951 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

yawn indeed Arnold lol. I was thinking if I set up a troll of the year contest we would have plenty of contestants. Problem is I think some of them are the same person so it would be a bit unfair

#25 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38030 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

lol Too right, Tony!

Look Percy: I am not a fan of femmed seed, in fact I am deeply against them at the philosophical level and at the growers level too. This opinion was formed on the early releases of femmed seed, which turned out to be weak, hermied and not at all what folks wanted.

Then along comes Tony here, and it sounds very much like DP have learned their lesson. Humility, and the generous nature of Tony's words and offers demanded, it seemed to me, that anyone like me should stop and listen. Maybe they've learned at DP? Anyway, I am happy to trial these seeds which came free and without any bribery. Tony knows I am honest in my reviews. I shall speak as I find, and that may or may not be good news for DP. So, if anyone is gambling here, its DP, not me ;)

Whatever the seeds throw up at me, they will not be able to tackle my philosophical objections to femmed seed. But my opinion on their viability, vigour and potency I am happy to change if necessary. That's not hypocrisy, Percy, its called having an "open mind" and "debating" properly. The word, incidentally, for your offerings here is "Trolling".

So if you insist on using words like hypocrite, then I suggest you speak to the folks at the OED. It seems you have a new meaning for that word.

Now, here's two more words for you to consider: "Do", and "One". OK? Good.

And I would be delighted if folks would take any troll-some nonsense elsewhere. Any more troll shyte gets dropped in this diary, and I'm taking the gloves off.

----------------------

So, let's get back to the real job in hand, the growing of fine sensimilla and the overall shagging of the pathetic laws we live under!

48 hours from sowing, this is what happened:
Posted Image
There must have been an explosion of germination - look how far the shells have been shucked off to, by "Ortega 3"! Not needing any ntervention or help to shed shell and inner skin - top marks on that front :yes:

A side view:
Posted Image
Lovely looking seedlings. I have lifted them up so that only two inches lies between them and the two strips they are under.

So in terms of the plants themselves, so far I can only say that they are vigorous and likely looking seedlings. They will be grown under veg conditions for about 5 or 6 weeks, then bunged into 12/12. I'm laying all my cards on the table for this round. I might get a clobbering, or i may get a real treat. Good job I'm a gambling man :yes:

Edited by Arnold Layne, 20 March 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#26 Mestizo

Mestizo

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1007 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hi Arnie, hope you're well mate. Is there some commonality between DP's Ortega and MNS Ortega (NL1xNL5) or do you reckon it's just the name? I mean, does Ortega describe characteristics of a type of weed or something like that? I'm just wondering why different seed companies use the same names. I know DP's Ortega is a cross of NL1? with an old Afghani as you have mentioned.
Tony, if yo are reading, were you gifted clones or seeds from MNS? No trolling intended. Just a question. Cheers. Have a good one. Mestizo.
Check motivation.

#27 DutchPassionTony

DutchPassionTony

grateful for life

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1951 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Hi Arnie, hope you're well mate. Is there some commonality between DP's Ortega and MNS Ortega (NL1xNL5) or do you reckon it's just the name? I mean, does Ortega describe characteristics of a type of weed or something like that? I'm just wondering why different seed companies use the same names. I know DP's Ortega is a cross of NL1? with an old Afghani as you have mentioned.
Tony, if yo are reading, were you gifted clones or seeds from MNS? No trolling intended. Just a question. Cheers. Have a good one. Mestizo.

same name, but an independent development project

#28 PaulHackett

PaulHackett

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2850 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

I wonder if those poor little newborns know what trouble they've caused! :rofl:

It's always a pleasure reading your diaries Arnie :yep:

Atb with them

'deserves got nothing to do with it' - William Munny

#29 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38030 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:44 PM

lol
Welcome aboard, PH :yep:

#30 Nu Jerzey Devil

Nu Jerzey Devil

Cold Star

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7142 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

Nice one with the new babies Arnie :smokin:
Keep my Grass Cut, So I can see them Snakes Slither!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users