Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TY58SEN

Newbie needs help

34 posts in this topic

Thank you for having me and hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can put my mind at ease haha.

So here's a bit about the grow

2m x 2m x 2m tent

1x 4 inch inline fan exhausting 

1x 4 inch inline fan inlet 

2x internal fan on low settings

3x mars hydro ts1000 lights started on 25% as seedling now lights are on 50%

Plants since seed hatched are 30 days old

Strain is stardawg autos.

I was just watering with tap water until I realised the pH was 8! So for the past week it has gotten pH 6.5 water as I use biobizz pH down.

I also add 1ml per litre of biobizz fix mix as feed every water. 

I am giving them approx 400ml of water every 3 days as the soil dries on the top only but always damp below.

Soil has lots of perlite in it. 

Lights are on 20 hours off for 4 hours

Lights are 25 inches from the tip of the plants

I had some extremely tiny white bugs and a week ago I sprayed the tent and plants down with Dr schimmel spider mite killer and no bugs seen at all since. 

So a rocky start 

Problem I am having and I have no idea if its normal but the new growth looks twisted and very thin leaves. Also just looking for a bit of comfort or criticism on how they look.

There is 13 plants in there I know this is to many but I have 2 other tents identical and will be splitting them all up in a week or 2 but was saving on electric while they was small. All tents have 4 lights in as will this one soon.

I have ordered some pipe cleaners as the ties in using at the moment I have very lose as there not ideal 

Thank you 

Posted (edited)

You need to post images to the site mate, not allowed external links. There's a how to somewhere

Edited by KC
3 people like this

Bear with my let me learn this haha

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You need to use the proper upload procedure for pics.

Get to grips with it - Very helpful ppl on here

Then this is useful for reducing to <1MB

https://www.img2go.com/compress-image

Edited by MJMan
2 people like this

Why they make it so hard lol

I've removed those last 2 posts as we don't allow links to images hosted off site sorry mate.

There's a few guides on how to upload to your gallery here and it gets easier with practice.

I only scanned your first post sorry but the first thing I noticed was your extraction fan is way to small for a tent that size.  Your gonna get issues with temps/odours/humidity/fresh air if you don't upgrade that soon .

Atb

7 people like this

Just now, TY58SEN said:

Why they make it so hard lol

I thought that at start (new this year) - But it really does become second nature.

Really worth perservering :yep:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That's a lot of tents for a bit of percy

Edited by baked bean
Stupid keyboard
7 people like this

Just now, baked bean said:

That's a lot to tents for a bit of percy

If I do something I do it to a stupid level haha

Just now, Dodgee said:

I've removed those last 2 posts as we don't allow links to images hosted off site sorry mate.

There's a few guides on how to upload to your gallery here and it gets easier with practice.

I only scanned your first post sorry but the first thing I noticed was your extraction fan is way to small for a tent that size.  Your gonna get issues with temps/odours/humidity/fresh air if you don't upgrade that soon .

Atb

I have another 4 inch inline set up so will be 2 fans on each tent do you think that will be okay 

So i tried following that thread and either im super thick or my layout is different but I havent the same menu or buttons as that

A 2m2 tent is pretty big mate.

Depending on your lighting and ambient temps I'd be opting for an 8inch/200mm extraction as a minimum. With a 6inch/150mm inlet fan.

2 x 4 inch fans won't shift as much air as a single high power 6inch/150mm fan even.  So short answer is no. Even 2 won't be enough.

You might get away with 2 4inch fans in the depth of winter and using minimum wattage lighting, but even that wouldn't be ideal.

Invest in a new extraction set up.  It's the one item of kit you don't wanna skimp out on man.  

It's the difference between jail and no jail and between a successful grow and a waste of time/leccy/investment. IMHO.

1 person likes this

Regards pics, are you on a mobile? If so hit the menu drop down at the top right of your browser and select "desktop version".

Try following the guide then. See if that helps :yinyang:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, TY58SEN said:

If I do something I do it to a stupid level haha

Great way to end up fucked :police:

I'm here to help people provide for themselves,

not the entire village :) 

Cash cropper much?

:yinyang:

Edited by Shumroom
We're to I'm :)
1 person likes this

Just now, Dodgee said:

A 2m2 tent is pretty big mate.

Depending on your lighting and ambient temps I'd be opting for an 8inch/200mm extraction as a minimum. With a 6inch/150mm inlet fan.

2 x 4 inch fans won't shift as much air as a single high power 6inch/150mm fan even.  So short answer is no. Even 2 won't be enough.

You might get away with 2 4inch fans in the depth of winter and using minimum wattage lighting, but even that wouldn't be ideal.

Invest in a new extraction set up.  It's the one item of kit you don't wanna skimp out on man.  

It's the difference between jail and no jail and between a successful grow and a waste of time/leccy/investment. IMHO.

Thanks buddy il have look and order some bigger ones. The money isn't a problem I just wanted to have a go at growing . I get bored like that haha.

1 person likes this