Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Firstimegrower_420

Is this the start of problems

23 posts in this topic

You got run off from 1.5 litres of water In a 12 litre pot that doesn’t seem right unless I’m reading it wrong, a 12liter pot will take a good 4 litres with a decent run off, I’d start watering every 2-3 days, water till you get a really good amount of run off this is key to growing in coco, don’t let the pot dry out anymore then 50-60% 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, kronic420 said:

You got run off from 1.5 litres of water In a 12 litre pot that doesn’t seem right unless I’m reading it wrong, a 12liter pot will take a good 4 litres with a decent run off, I’d start watering every 2-3 days, water till you get a really good amount of run off this is key to growing in coco, don’t let the pot dry out anymore then 50-60% 

@kronic420yes thats correct and taking on board what you say it does make sense but I wasn't watering the whole 12litre pot and was just focusing on say 5" right in the centre and evenly poured around 360° until it run out the centre at the bottom.  

the 12ltr pot is 12" wide and 9" deep and the pots my twins came out of were 7" wide and 5" deep with roots all deep and around the circumference 

Now this works for me but what I'd do with that if, like you said, the 7" were fully rooted, I'd mix my food at 1.0ec with rootstim and 6.0ph and I'd fully saturate the whole pot. The roots, like I said if they were a good solid ball will shoot sideways and down. You shouldn't have to water again for 4 or 5 days perhaps but after 4 days you should see the roots already coming out of the bottom of the pot

Thats what I do but make sure your temps go no lower than 20deg at pot level and ventilation is good

Owd

4 people like this

In order to make your decision on the watering thing mate here's my advice. 

You've gotta be careful who you listen to online so rather than just make assumptions I'll tell you how to check.

Give it a dry cycle a few times as the other dude suggested. Let's say 4 times. That'll be enough to effect the pot. 

Make up some nutes. Check the ec and ph then run them through. Go slowly and water in a circle motion to ensure you soak the full pot. 

Collect the first 200ml that runs out and check the numbers again. 

If they're higher than what you put in then that proves my theory of salt build ups. 

If they're the same or lower then I must be wrong. 

The ec number rising (which will happen) shows the salts in the nutes returning to solid form and you've gotta bear in mind it's a massively watered down result so the real numbers are much worse. 

If 1 ec goes in and 2ec comes out then the pot will realistically be sitting around 3ec+. 

Same goes for ph. If it's up or down then add on about half again and you'll be closer to the true number in the pot. 

Can you give coco a dry cycle as he suggested. Yes. You absolutely can. I do sometimes but I've been at it a while and can tinker with the feed each time accordingly.

As a new grower you're just asking for trouble though. Mainly because when it starts glitching you'll get at least 2 opinions on everything, as we have here. 

By feeding every day you eliminate the possibility of this build up and in doing so you eliminate the possibility of 90% of nute/watering related dramas. 

On the rare occasions where an issue does pop up there will be no guessing as well know that what's in the pot is the same strength and ph as what your putting in. Well also know that there's no chance it's from ph lockout or that you could be getting deficits caused by toxicity lockout. 

If you have a hunt around the hydro section you'll see lots of guys put coco into Wilma or ebb and flow type systems and auto drench them upto 6 times a day. Usually 1-2 for veg then 2-4 for bloom. 

Bit of a long winded response but killing time en route to work lol

1 person likes this

Thanks @Owderb and @Captain buckfastthat's really good info, I didnt feed them last night and they're sleeping just now until 12 so ill do as suggested this afternoon and see what the run off is and let you know, im not sure if I've been havjng my light to low due to not getting the heat in my tent but lifted yesterday to 20/21" away and the temp seems to bebatound 26/27 which is ideal.. its all trial and error and ive another 2 seeds just cracked, a sweet deep grapefruit and OG kush and WON'T be making the same mistake with those 2 with potting to big 

1 person likes this

@Captain buckfast and @Owderb I fed the twins before and mixed up the nutirents using the canna guide, i choose the lighter mix and even then only did 80% of that, my EC is 2 reading and I use ph down as my waters at 7.8! 

apKEGNs.jpg

I fed blueberry cookie whose got the funny leaf and the run off is as below and the EC is still less than what I put in and the PH is within range 5.6/6.5

OdoESRl.jpg

I then fed her sister critical Kush and her run off was slightly less and the PH was still within baw hair lol

p746Pwx.jpg

Heres the little lady today 

czrkK8f.jpg

So overall things don't seem to bad and I'm thinking it might no be time for any calmag just now and be a heat thing as no other leaves are effected and neither is her sister as seen below 

rcVpg1A.jpg

Any thoughts? 

Thanks 

Reading the ph of run off s a complete waste of time, your run of ec is pretty spot on though your haven’t got salt build up and your not under feeding , like we’ve said it’s just a watering issue sort that out and you’ll be fine. 

I've never seen coco as dry as that man

1 person likes this