Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Budmaster66

First time keeping a mother help please ?

Hi guys I'm thinking of buying some seeds and keeping one plant as a mother for future grows the only problem is I don't want to have a big tent taking up loads of space

 

what's the smallest setup I can get away with that I will be able to take 10 clones off and hopefully get 6 that take. 

 

And also can I keep a mother under a t5 ? 

 

I already have a  properagtion tent that's 3ft wide 3ft high 2ft deep with a 2ft 4 tube 96w t5 would this be big enough ? 

 

Im completely new to this so any info is much appreciated 

 

i also have a  aeroponic Cloner machine that I have had 100%  success rate the last two times I've used it 

Share this post


Link to post

What you have is fine for a mother plant, train her branches out and every now and then give the root ball a trim and some fresh compost or coco and carry on. When she gets to big trim her back even if you don't need cuts.

Toke...

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

What you have is fine for a mother plant, train her branches out and every now and then give the root ball a trim and some fresh compost or coco and carry on. When she gets to big trim her back even if you don't need cuts.

Toke...

 

 

Thanks a lot am hoping to have a small mother about 18" tall how big of a pot would I need using coco

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

1 - 2 litre max in coco. Really depends how small you can keep her. Best bet is to a google search on bonsai trimming should give you a good foundation which is more than enough for cannabis mother plant.

Toke...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

i keep 4 different mums in half litre pots of compost,i just keep trimming them back topping the new shoots as they appear heres a disco biscuit mum 3 years old in the same pot + 3 other flavours. :yep:     its not rocket science just feed it grow ferts once a week btw mine are under 1 x 7 watt led household bulb no fans lol

 

large.DSC_0002-1504x2000.JPG

 

all the above are over a year old now. :magic:

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

1 - 2 litre max in coco. Really depends how small you can keep her. Best bet is to a google search on bonsai trimming should give you a good foundation which is more than enough for cannabis mother plant.

Toke...

 

Thanks I will look into it thanks again 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Budmaster66 said:

what's the smallest setup I can get away with that I will be able to take 10 clones off and hopefully get 6 that take. 

 

And also can I keep a mother under a t5 ? 

 

Oldtimer1's guide will see your right
http://www.cannabase.com/cl/pages/mums/mums.html

10 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Slightly different angle on this but maybe relevant...

 

I've been doing an Auto grow, and one plant didn't flower.... theyre on 20/4 light schedule.

7 weeks in and I realise maybe the one not flowering may be a Photoperiod.

So I took her out the tent... shes massive now, 1.2m high and just as wide, I have a new tent on order so I can flip her to 12/12 and see if that gets her blooming.

One grower worried me by saying keeping a plant in veg for extended perods of time may cause it to turn hermie.... 

something about the plant thinking it needs to produce seed because it recognises it is not flowering properly... all the stress of being prevented from flowering... I dunno.

What's your take on this @thekingofobsolete and @tokenroll... is it worth me trying or am I resigned to having a self pollinating plant with shit weak bud.... I haven't seen any bollocks yet though....

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, teehee said:

Slightly different angle on this but maybe relevant...

 

I've been doing an Auto grow, and one plant didn't flower.... theyre on 20/4 light schedule.

7 weeks in and I realise maybe the one not flowering may be a Photoperiod.

So I took her out the tent... shes massive now, 1.2m high and just as wide, I have a new tent on order so I can flip her to 12/12 and see if that gets her blooming.

One grower worried me by saying keeping a plant in veg for extended perods of time may cause it to turn hermie.... 

something about the plant thinking it needs to produce seed because it recognises it is not flowering properly... all the stress of being prevented from flowering... I dunno.

What's your take on this @thekingofobsolete and @tokenroll... is it worth me trying or am I resigned to having a self pollinating plant with shit weak bud.... I haven't seen any bollocks yet though....

No way! You can keep a plant vegging as long as you want! Ive had an auto not flower before too. It sucks... It will 100% flower on a 12/12 cycle.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, teehee said:

 

One grower worried me by saying keeping a plant in veg for extended perods of time may cause it to turn hermie.... 

something about the plant thinking it needs to produce seed because it recognises it is not flowering properly... all the stress of being prevented from flowering... I dunno.

What's your take on this @thekingofobsolete

my take is who ever told ew this is a load of bollox lol  ive kept mums alive for several years without any issues,as long as they are cared for correctly + not stressed the mum will just keep on growing ( hence why i use half litre pots )  this way i can keep them relatively small :yep:  ive got mates growing out some of my cuttings where they dont keep a mum at all !!! they just clone the plant the day before they flipp + root the clones grow them out + repeat each grow...... + nope the dope dont herme nor loose vigor nor potency...whoever said that taking cuttings from cuttings is no good tells bollox,tried and tested by myself i used to do it this way back in the 90`s different era back then,anyway i will stand on what ive said as its all fact + not fiction. :yinyang:

Edited by thekingofobsolete
relatively
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

If there gunna hermi then there not worth keeping good gals dont herm even when stressed i have taken my mums on holiday before cos i didnt trust anyone to look after them and they were fine.:skin_up:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dr feelgood said:

If there gunna hermi then there not worth keeping good gals dont herm even when stressed i have taken my mums on holiday before cos i didnt trust anyone to look after them and they were fine.:skin_up:

Mate that's dedication. Hats off to you lol

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

I bet they get there own room as well.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now