Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

beezee

Guerrilla Fruit

33 posts in this topic

Hey all, 

So females seeds offered me the chance to run some of their beans for a diary, as you can see I chose outdoor grapefruit, cheers Mr.b and @Female Seeds Team

large.15231312048730.jpg

About 4 weeks ago I put 4 seeds straight into compost, they then had 2 weeks under cob led lights and 2 weeks in the greenhouse. From the off these were  much more vigorous than the HSO beans put in at the same time and at plant out yesterday, they were about 2 inches taller! 

As said I planted out yesterday, the plot was pre prepped a while a go with chicken shit, calcified seaweed and gypsum added. 

large.15265556017002.jpglarge.15265556018273.jpg

After planting I dusted with DE and sprinkled slug pellets... Now I just need some rain! 

7 people like this

hoping to do a few of these too mate ... i will be popping in to see how yours get on  too .... best of luck  with them :yep:

2 people like this

On 5/17/2018 at 10:25 PM, beezee said:

Hey all, 

So females seeds offered me the chance to run some of their beans for a diary, as you can see I chose outdoor grapefruit, cheers Mr.b and @Female Seeds Team

large.15231312048730.jpg

About 4 weeks ago I put 4 seeds straight into compost, they then had 2 weeks under cob led lights and 2 weeks in the greenhouse. From the off these were  much more vigorous than the HSO beans put in at the same time and at plant out yesterday, they were about 2 inches taller! 

As said I planted out yesterday, the plot was pre prepped a while a go with chicken shit, calcified seaweed and gypsum added. 

large.15265556017002.jpglarge.15265556018273.jpg

After planting I dusted with DE and sprinkled slug pellets... Now I just need some rain! 

Hello Beezee!

Hope you are doing fine my friend.

I am so happy to see this thread up and running, thanks a lot for starting it so fast :D

Looks like you prepared a nice environment for these lovely varieties, pretty sure they will enjoy it. And... nice fences ;)

Looking forward to seeing how these ladies will behave, and fingers crossed for a good sunny season!

Thank you once more,

All the best,

Mr B.

7 people like this

Cheers for looking in Mr.B, I'll be going to check on these asap... They've had some excellent weather, so as long as they survived the lack of rain after plant out, they should be don't really well. 

3 people like this

those will be farking hoooge and frosty buggers ..best of luck .

3 people like this

Cheers vince, I hope so they're in a good plot! 

1 person likes this

First time back to the plot yesterday since plant out. I was expecting them all to be dead add we've not really had any rain, but they all survived :D

large.15282852450794.jpglarge.15282852451455.jpg

I'm quite pleased with them now, they're looking nice and healthy :D

I chucked some rose food down and sprinkled some slug pellets, then got on my way :)

5 people like this

On 6/7/2018 at 3:26 PM, beezee said:

First time back to the plot yesterday since plant out. I was expecting them all to be dead add we've not really had any rain, but they all survived :D

large.15282852450794.jpglarge.15282852451455.jpg

I'm quite pleased with them now, they're looking nice and healthy :D

I chucked some rose food down and sprinkled some slug pellets, then got on my way :)

Not only did they survive, they fluorished! Beautiful ladies and beautiful sight beezee :D

1 person likes this

Cheers Mr.b, it was a very pleasant surprise to see them all doing so well :)

2 people like this

Looking very nice and healthy @beezee , looks like you used a tape and string to get them perfectly lined up :yep:

1 person likes this

Ha it does a bit, but credit where it's due, these are probably the most uniform plants I've grown from seed. 

2 people like this

Another late update lol

I went to see these about a week ago as we were expecting rain, I think we had some, but not enough. However there was a good soaking last night :D that should've washed in the granular rose food I chucked down. 

All looking good here, they're the biggest plants on the plot and pretty healthy although a bit spindly. 

I took all the lowers off as per usual and knocked back the encroaching bracken and brambles... Jobs a good un ;)

large.15314947309778.jpg

large.15314947325228.jpg

4 people like this

You have been a busy bee.... Looking good beezee! I am struggling to keep 3 diaries going.... Just found this one... Kudos... :yep:

1 person likes this

3??? You lightweight @MacGanja I've got 5 going on here and 3 on other forums, now you know why all my updates are late lol

1 person likes this

Bloody hell... 8?? I have no excuse.... Except for I have this bad luck streak kicking me on the balls everytime I settle on a plot... What other breeders are growing for? 

1 person likes this