Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toe rag

How do you sweeten Rhubarb.?

27 posts in this topic

:ninja::rofl: Can anybody tell me how to sweeten Rhubarb without using sugar.

All that sugar cant be good for you.

Is honey any good? I don't really want to use a artificial sweetener i heard there's a lot of bad shit in that too. :B):

Any ideas?

I don't know, maybe Cook the rhubarb with a couple of tablespoons of water and serve it with some other sweet fruit and a spoon of honey on top or maybe stew the rhubarb with pre soaked golden sultanas.

:wink: :B): Can anybody tell me how to sweeten Rhubarb without using sugar.

Is honey any good? I don't really want to use a artificial sweetener i heard there's a lot of bad shit in that too. :)

Any ideas?

Put it in a pie with apples, that'll sweeten it!

...BudZ...

e2a - sweet!

Edited by budzilla2010

:) Hey thanks for the ideas guys..Hell yeah its pretty sour stuff but its meant to be good for ya. :wink:

You can add a little salt, although if you are worried about health this is not maybe the best option... salt suppresses the tongue picking up some of the bitter flavours so it can taste more of the sweet flavours apparantly

stevia is supposed to be sweeter than sugar and its a plant ... never tried it yet ..

honey works well with rhubarb , as does ginger. My other half uses that preserved ginger when making rhubarb crumbles - bloody lovely.

ram

in olden days you used some sweet cicely, an easy to grow herb. put a handful of leaves in with the 'barb while cooking. i have tried, still needs a wee bit of sugar....

maybe use some brown sugar which isnt as bad for you

try some Aspartame...sugar substitute..... :)

dont nowif it helps with the sweetness but you can reduce the acidity with chalk,precipitated chalk should be avaliable from any decent wine maker suppliers.

sugar is your best bet, seeing as most folk rarely eat rhubarb one large helping of sugar isn't going to do you any harm, maybe eat healthy food for the rest of the week or a long walk to burn in off.

everything in moderation when it comes to food, forget sweeteners and substitutes as they are likely to be worse than sugar. like somebody said before brown sugar is better for you than white.

:ouch::eek: Can anybody tell me how to sweeten Rhubarb without using sugar.

Is honey any good? I don't really want to use a artificial sweetener i heard there's a lot of bad shit in that too. :wink:

Any ideas?

All right toe rag hope all is good with you an yours :yes:

forget the artificial sweeteners Toe-rag there crap ...if you don't have a lot of sugar in your diet then you will be fine... and try to use a natural sugar ...... there easy enough to find in health shops

............ :rofl:

Edited by ripthedrift

Evening Toerag

We use golden syrup (I know it aint to good for you but it is feckin tasty)

Station