• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#106 tingting44

tingting44

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

formulex is a food and this is more a vegging tonic, to promote new growth once rooted. Neither of the two product you mention are required before or during the rooting process for your cuts.

Use this after they have rooted and are vegging, and it is mixed and ready for use right out the bottle.

:v:

whats this friggin guy on at the grow shop then! why work in a shop you have not a clue about what they are selling!!!! FFS! taking it back now! thanks mate

#107 Budelaire

Budelaire

Caveat Venditor

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10442 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

With cuts, just leave them be and they will root out just fine with nothing more than high RH, even if suspended in mid air!

If your cuts are wilting, turning yellow or look unhealthy etc then its an environmental issue with your process, usually too much water at the roots inducing rot or too much light invoking the plants systems to photosynthesise instead of rooting out 1st.

Use the Evolution spray after transplant to encourage new growth/speed up early veg.

Formulex would be used to feed the cuttings as a normal root drench, or as a dilute foliar spray, for a quick fix for a nutrient deficiency for instance.

Edited by Budelaire, 04 January 2012 - 04:10 PM.

Smottie Remixed Testers & Smellyberry/Casey jones

#108 tingting44

tingting44

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

by the way what would you suggest i use for rooting cuttings so i can rip this guy another hole at the grow shop? thanks

#109 Budelaire

Budelaire

Caveat Venditor

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10442 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Just use Clonex rooting hormone and provide the right environment. i.e 90%+ RH and low light.

i just bag 'em =

This link is FOOL PROOF

Edited by Budelaire, 04 January 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#110 _gary 123_

_gary 123_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

I shall have to give it a go sometime I love plant magic plus stuff

#111 catfish

catfish

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2201 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

everything budelaire said is 100% correct :guitar: now my friend had 4 cuts and all 4 had small roots about 2cm long he sprayed 2 with evo and left the others, 2 days ago., 2 that were sprayed ddnt lke it one bit the 2 that were left alone are looking good 4/5cm roots so DONT USE IT TOO EARLY :skin_up:

#112 PauloLx

PauloLx

Master Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2902 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

Got a little freebie of this one so i better give it a try.
Thanks for the info :hippy:

#113 Pumpkin Head

Pumpkin Head

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

At the moment I'm using a touch of Bio-Silicon, Catalyst, Grow & Veg Boost using at less than half the recommended use, I remember OT1 saying to use either BS or VB not together so I rotate them, soon to add BioWetter to that. Would there be any point getting this Evolution or would it be much the same as what I'm doing already - if not would you just use the Evolution on it's own and just use the above as a soil drench?

#114 fly

fly

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

When is the best time to use this foliar spray? I was thinking hour before lights on? Or just after lights off?

#115 Budelaire

Budelaire

Caveat Venditor

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10442 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Use it just before lights off. You dont want to be interrupting there dark spell at all.

:)

#116 WeePGTI

WeePGTI

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

just thought id add an input, i used this on my mother plant and various other plants in veg, bottle ran out in 5 mins.

must admit tho it did seem to encourage new lush green growth, really got to buy the big tub tho as the lil bottle lasts no time at all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users