10 replies to this topic

#1 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

Plant Magic Hydro feeds are designed to be used with many hydroponic methods of growing such as NFT, drip irrigation, flood and drain etc.

This product has been specially developed for the UK to promote fast growing, high yielding, healthy fruit and flowering crops.

To ensure a top quality product, high grade salts and the best source of trace elements are used at the correct proportions to maximise the ease and speed for the uptake by the plant.

As this product has been developed for the UK water supply then little ph adjustment is needed. Phosphoric acid is not good for any means of consumption, so the less the better.

Come as a two part feed (A&B)

Available in 1L, 5 litres or 20 litres

Edited by plantmagic, 29 July 2009 - 01:21 PM.

#2 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4051 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:48 PM

Whats the NPK on these nutes grow and bloom ?
could you post up a label so i can see the instructions on ml per liter or EC levels

Edited by NMW, 16 August 2009 - 10:52 PM.

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#3 DtH

DtH

Flying Is A Very Serious Thing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1837 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:37 PM

hi ive tested my water out the tap and after standing and it seems to stay around pH7
which of the nutes (soft or hard water) would you recommend for it? :stoned:
If Noah had the benefit of hindsight on his ship
He coulda snatched two unicorns and left behind the goddamn pigs

#4 redbeard

redbeard

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:15 AM

i just wondered if anyone can independently recommend PM hydro nutes? and has used them, and compared them.
to other brands? iv heard nothing about them apart from here!
it seems to be almost everyone uses the PM soil range, and all our very happy from the comments here. but going through the 13 pages unless i missed it :stoned: [sorry] theres nothing on there hydro results?

#5 ajthedon

ajthedon

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

I can reccomed them in soil very highly, specialy the oldtimes bloom. but not sure about hydo. their soil is first class also

#6 The Black Sheep

The Black Sheep

Retrobratum Inebriatum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2281 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:48 AM

I've done 3 Wilma grows with their hydro range and I have no complaints. I've done a run or three with canna aqua but I'm not the most observant chap so can't say I noticed a difference, however there was no bottles of this no bottles of that with PM range A+B grow A+B bloom some boost later and then flush easy peasey sticking to it too just went 12/12 this morning for PM hydro run 4 :D not much help sorry
E2a you know it is intended for uk water bro ?

Edited by The Black Sheep, 17 June 2011 - 06:50 AM.

Tha's been a cooartin' Mary Jane

"Banish the word 'struggle' from your attitude and your vocabulary. All that we do now must be done in a sacred manner and in celebration. We are the ones we have been waiting for." — Hopi elders

Different day, same shit, ain't nothin' good in the hood I'd run away from this bitch and never come back if I could

#7 Burns

Burns

Crystalicious

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3920 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:52 AM

I've just bought 2x5l of the bloom nutrients and look forward to seeing how they perform :yep:.

Burns

#8 NMW

NMW

Crazy Horse

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4051 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:56 PM

not a bad nute but it aint very concentrated ya use a lot more nute than say canna nutes
apart from that it does a good job with not bad tasting weed end product

M.I.A.

A.C.A.B.    A.P.A.C.

#9 cf

cf

WAH !

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5560 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

not a bad nute but it aint very concentrated ya use a lot more nute than say canna nutes
apart from that it does a good job with not bad tasting weed end product

I'll dust this thread off as there doesn't seem to be too many PH hydro growers when I was looking for info before trying them. so here's what I think...

I'm on my second run with PM using nft , they seem to be just over half the strength of any hydro nutes I've used before and being round about the same price per litre they work out at around nearly twice the price :( .
I wonder why they have made a decision to make them this weak as they seem to be a good product and whilst growing your own supply makes such good sense economically for most of us less well off folks the running costs of growing are quite important.

Having said that I really like this product so far, it seems to take a bit longer for the ph to stabilize when you throw in a new mix, it seems comes down slowly over 36/48 hours and then stay pretty steady as the tank is emptied by the plants, this caught me out but now I know to wait a bit longer I can get the ph spot on.

I'm using the hard water, my waters ec is 0.5, but I haven't bothered with the flush I just ran with a weak solution for a week but I think I might try it as my plants seem to love their other stuff.

Its almost impossible to be objective when trying to evaluate the overall effects of using a new product , even if you keep everything the same there's still variables like the temperature , relative humidity, human error :wassnnme: But I am impressed with the lovely resinous lushness of the buds early on in the grow. They look very healthy and when the boost goes in it seems to make a visible difference , much more than pk 13/14....well that's how it seems to me anyway :spliff:
The weed taste is nice , I have had some jarred for a few weeks and its definitely on a par with other good nutes when used properly.

I'm sticking to the grow schedule they give you as much as I can and I'll only top a solution up twice before I'll drain right down and make up a brand new tank.

Yeah I like 'em :hi: and I'm going to keep going with them and try to get them working as best I can, and try to use them in the most economical way possible ( more top ups if it has no adverse effect? ) .....oh, and try the flush too.

I haven't posted for a while so hi to anyone who thought I'd dropped off the edge of the planet :P , good to see the board alive and healthy :yep:

cf
“There is no reason to accept the doctrines crafted to sustain power and privilege, or to believe that we are constrained by mysterious and unknown social laws. These are simply decisions made within institutions that are subject to human will and that must face the test of legitimacy. And if they do not meet the test, they can be replaced by other institutions that are more free and more just, as has happened often in the past.”

Noam Chomsky

#10 Burns

Burns

Crystalicious

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3920 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:08 AM

Hey cf, long time no see. Hope all's well mate ;).
I'm on my second grow now with the Plant Magic and I find it quite strange that both yourself and NMW have reported about the strength of the nutrients because to me the strength is practically bang on par with the Canna range :unsure:.
I don't have any other way of gauging it though so unless Canna nutes are also quite weak in comparison to other brands then I don't know what's going on lol.

I run a 100ltr res and 300ml of the A & B gives me an ec of 1.6-1.7 with no background ec to take into consideration which is exactly what I was getting when using Canna nutes.
I run to waste and the ph I have no issues with and is all adjusted manually. I can only comment on what I see really, but from my last grow I absolutely spanked my previous best harvest by a good 10oz, growing a strain I've grown a good few times using the exact same methods, 1.21 g/w of nice dry bud :D.

Like you say, variables change and no two grows are the same but I've never had such an increased harvest growing the same strain back to back as I did with my Cheese when I switched from Canna to Plant Magic. I'm not saying it's impossible either but it's never happened to me in 15 years of growing but I guess it could be a coincidence.

And will I know from my current grow, probably not if I'm honest because I'm growing a strain I haven't tried before lol. Unless of course I get right up there with the yield again.
And I will say the plants do seem to love the stuff. Normally my grows start looking tatty towards the end, a bit of LSF here and there and overall looking a bit worse for wear, but my last grow they looked textbook right up until the end, not a spot of LSF or a smidgen of anything in sight. That's something that I don't think has ever happened lol so we'll see how my current lot turn out eh.

I'll have to have a look around because I didn't know there was a feeding schedule, it would be interesting to see what they recommend against what I'm feeding them. And I didn't know there was a boost either, I'm still using pk13/14 but again I'll have a look because as things stand I'm quite happy with their products.

I went off all the boost hype a few years ago and just stuck with the pk, but I might get some PM boost if you reckon it's good stuff ;).
I'll post an update in here after my grow and let you know my thoughts after a second bite of the cherry ;).

Burns

#11 cf

cf

WAH !

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5560 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi there Burns, nice to see youre still about (and some other old faces) in amongst all the new members , i hope things are good with you too :yinyang:

I haven't been on the board much as I've been quite busy at work but things have slackened off a bit so I have more time to browse and maybe make the odd comment.

I think I can persuade one of my buddies to convert to PM , he's well impressed with the health of my plants. when he starts up again I might do a diary from start to finish as there doesn't appear to be much documented stuff about PM and this is a shame as it does seem to be a good product. I might do a diary of my crop but I'm not too sure that I'll get going again straight away....due to ....well....'issues' :ninja:

As to the dilution I put in a gnats over 2ml of a&b to 1 litre of water , that brings me out at 1.5 / 1.6 but with a background of 0.5 , whereas you're putting in 3ml with no background . this looks like were both in the same ball park doesn't it?
Both Canna and Vitalink required noticably less when I was using them. 30% less to make up a fresh solution and more like 50% less when topping up to keep the ec level.Still if PM continues to produce the very healthy looking plants we both seem to be ending up with its a small price to pay really. :smoke:

Grow schedule is here http://www.plant-mag...ro-schedule.pdf .The boost 'is' a pk of some sorts... I think, not some mystery snake oil, but it goes in from the beginning of week 4 for three weeks . I have some canna pk left but since the dosage and timings are different with PM I thought I may as well buy their additive and use it as per instructions.
Like I mentioned before, they start to look really superb after they've been sucking on the boost for a week or so. :) I reckon you should buy a litre and see if you notice any difference over the canna pk.I think its less than a tenner at my local store (not £50 for something that smells terrible :rolleyes: )
BTW I'm talking about the 'bloom' boost that is part of the hydro range not the 'boost' that is a additive for the mud aficionados!

I look forward to your updates.

take it easy :wink:

cf
“There is no reason to accept the doctrines crafted to sustain power and privilege, or to believe that we are constrained by mysterious and unknown social laws. These are simply decisions made within institutions that are subject to human will and that must face the test of legitimacy. And if they do not meet the test, they can be replaced by other institutions that are more free and more just, as has happened often in the past.”

Noam Chomsky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users