Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mk3

Ran out of height

16 posts in this topic

large.20210610_212200_compress7.jpgHi guys, have 4 plants scrogged in a 2m High tent. They are lanky and were vegged for way too long, topped 3 times and I managed to fill the canopy nicely.

Twistedand tied to the scrog net before I went away for a week, came home to find I've ran out of height - the light is tied to the top bar and the tops of the pants are literally touching the light.

Plants are well and truly Twisted and tangled through the net so there's no way to get them out of the tent, any ideas?

My only idea at the moment is to cut the floor of the tent to leave the plants on the ground and raise the frame on bricks to give me a bit more head room. Has anyone done this before?

3 people like this

What strain is this and how many weeks flower?  You could always thin the plants out a good bit then super crop the rest of the branches.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, kronic420 said:

What strain is this and how many weeks flower?  You could always thin the plants out a good bit then super crop the rest of the branches.

Thanks for the reply.. Glueberry, have ran this strain before and just passed 2 weeks of flower so I know the stretch is over.. Thinning the plants out would be my last resort, I just assumed any sort of cutting and bending at this stage wouldn't be a good idea?

1 person likes this

They are going to fry  unless you do something, i would bend the ones under  and close to the light. And get rid of the foliage on at least the bottom 3rd of the plants.

Edited by mr rhino
2 people like this

@Mk3 now would be the best time to do it IMO , cutting the bottom out the tent could possibly make the tent a unstable and might mess up the airflow with possible smell/light leaks , it could work but your going to need to raise the tent up a good bit from that pic and try to seal the gap from the floor to the bottom of the tent maybe some black and white sheeting could work.

2 people like this

Just super crop them now mate

Owd

7 people like this

Another for supper cropping mate. 

It doesnt do the plant any harm and will definitely increase your yield in this situation. 

You can super crop at any point. The plant will slow down for about 4 days while it repairs the damage and creates the knuckle but then carries on like nothing happened. 

4 people like this

Holy cow:ohmygod:

First time I've seen a picture of someone's tent packed the rafters like that. Pretty cool still lol

3 people like this

Is it expert seeds' glueberry. If so, is it any good. 

Also, also are those plants sat on the floor and are a they a full 2m high. 

1 person likes this

Another for super crop, imho its the only thing you can do now:yinyang:

1 person likes this

Imagine you didn't put a scrog net in :ohmygod:

2 people like this

Your thumb gonna be fittter than a butchers dog with all that cropping :smokin:

ATB

3 people like this

12 hours ago, Mk3 said:

cut the floor of the tent

thats brave mate...

mysticriver 

You could try one of these heat shields....worked well for me when these got out of hand

large.20210611_093251.jpg

Cheers Lamster 

Edited by Lamster67

2 hours ago, Mort said:

Your thumb gonna be fittter than a butchers dog with all that cropping :smokin:

ATB

ulster thumb war champion 2020

2 people like this