Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

purepotstill

Mould or not ?

16 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

as said in my diary, got mould on one plant. I've ditched the obvious parts, but I might get paranoid and see mould everywhere now. Here's a few pics. My wife think they're OK but I'm not sure. Could you help me here ? I could ditch the whole plant and still have way more weed than needed, but this one is so frosty... So what do you think ? One important point : it's only the visual aspect which makes me unsure, these buds don't crumble, and the smell seems OK.

large.IMG_20210609_224746_01.jpglarge.IMG_20210609_224812_01.jpglarge.IMG_20210609_224833_01.jpglarge.IMG_20210609_225252_01.jpglarge.IMG_20210609_225657_01.jpglarge.IMG_20210609_225715_01.jpglarge.IMG_20210609_225730_01.jpg

Hmmmm, looks ok imho but I’d keep an eye on it. Is it “squishier” than usual?

2 people like this

Thanks for your input. What do you mean by "squishier"  (sorry, non native speaker....).

Posted (edited)

Ummmmm, how to explain lol

when you squeeze a bud, does it feel as firm as it normally does or does it “squish” a bit easier when you squeeze it? If the inside of the bud has mold/is rotting it will go soft inside so it will be noticeably “squishier” when you squeeze. Think of a bruised apple or bad onion, they feel softer than normal.

I hope that makes sense lol

Edited by Cursed
3 people like this

Ok, I understand better. Thanks for taking the time to explain. :yep: They feel normal under my fingers.

Btw, doesn't mould/rot have a distinctive smell ? The smell seems OK too, lots of glue/petroleum scents, but it's the genetics (Pineapple Glue Auto, I've already grown one plant so I know the smell).

2 people like this

I think it looks OK. You'd know if it was rot as the leaves would come away very easily.

These purple hues in weed are going to make spotting botryitis harder. 

3 people like this

I’ve never noticed any kind of over powering smell when I’ve had it. I mean it’ll smell damp and mouldy when you get your nose in it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just now, KC said:

These purple hues in weed are going to make spotting botryitis harder. 

Yeah, think you just put the finger on the thing which was driving me mad. 

Thanks guys, seems I have some trimming to do tonight :hippy:

Edited by purepotstill
3 people like this

The grey/brown bits are Botrytis. 

3 people like this

1 minute ago, Saddam said:

The grey/brown bits are Botrytis. 

I agree I would at least get them bits chopped off instantly 

2 people like this

Looks a little suspect , some fuzzyness in a couple pics would be of concern imho if its not the pic's

2 people like this

The pics are not top quality, I agree. Will try to take one or two better ones tonight.

If it's any help, the bottom three pictures show it best, the golden brown areas radiating from the stem. 

3 people like this

I was looking at the white fuzz in the in 1,2,3and 5

1 person likes this

Try and get a closer pic.  Have you got macro or a loupe?  Or take a high resolution pic and zoom and crop.

2 people like this