Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

NathanW

Problem after 4 days

Good afternoon all,

I have noticed a light green rash like discolouration forming on one of the new seedlings.

The other plants seem to be unaffected.

I am thinking possible Nitrogen toxicity!?

I am growing in a coco/perlite blend and have started feeding 1ml/2.5ltr Canna Coco A+B, plus 1ml/1ltr Calmag to the newer seedlings.

Any ideas?

Images attached.

I am also starting to see a light algae type substance on top of the coco, should I let the medium dry out a little more between feeds?

I have started also started seeing really thick foliage on the 3 week old plants, but they are still very short.  Could this be a change to the new Zeus Pro LED?large.20210506_130550.jpglarge.20210506_130514.jpglarge.20210506_130510.jpg

They look cold to me. Whats the min/max on your temp and RH? And where are you taking the reading from? And are you using water straight from the cold tap?

43 minutes ago, NathanW said:

I am growing in a coco/perlite blend and have started feeding 1ml/2.5ltr Canna Coco A+B, plus 1ml/1ltr Calmag to the newer seedlings.

Unless you are in a super soft water area (doesn't read on the truncheon) or using RO water, you have absolutely no need to be adding calmag. I don't think its your issue, but it wil cause you issue further down the line that look just like a calcium/magnesium deficiency.

The other thing to note is that people generally underwater coco/perlite massively, as the solution runs straight through the pot cos of the perlite growers think "oh theres my run off" and stop. Ideally you want to leave them sat in the run off (when hand watering something like 70/30 or 60/40) for 10 - 20 minutes and see how much they soak back up. If they soak it all back up, water again and repeat the process until they stop soaking it back up.

2 people like this

What you got the light on mate? I mean power wise. Oh and distance too? 

5 minutes ago, GSZZ said:

They look cold to me. Whats the min/max on your temp and RH? And where are you taking the reading from? And are you using water straight from the cold tap?

Unless you are in a super soft water area (doesn't read on the truncheon) or using RO water, you have absolutely no need to be adding calmag. I don't think its your issue, but it wil cause you issue further down the line that look just like a calcium/magnesium deficiency.

The other thing to note is that people generally underwater coco/perlite massively, as the solution runs straight through the pot cos of the perlite growers think "oh theres my run off" and stop. Ideally you want to leave them sat in the run off (when hand watering something like 70/30 or 60/40) for 10 - 20 minutes and see how much they soak back up. If they soak it all back up, water again and repeat the process until they stop soaking it back up.

The temp is 16 degrees and I'm not sure what RH is.

1 person likes this

Just now, KC said:

What you got the light on mate? I mean power wise. Oh and distance too? 

The light is on full power at 50 cm.

It's a 600 watt.

1 person likes this

Well it's too cold and it's too much light. Go easy on them :)

2 people like this

34 minutes ago, NathanW said:

The temp is 16 degrees and I'm not sure what RH is.

Way too cold. Minimum temp wants to read 20c at root level, anything less than that and you're asking for a shit crop.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, GSZZ said:

Way too cold. Minimum temp wants to read 20c at root level, anything less than that and you're asking for a shit crop.

I have turned the temp up a level, but it will up the temps to over 25 degrees.

Edited by NathanW

@NathanW Thats fine. Max air temps can be 28 - 30c, but your roots never want to read below 20c with the lights off.

1 person likes this

Thank you.

1 person likes this