Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mike Lydon

Low/mild thc auto strain.

20 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Stuart96 said:

whatever auto you plant out in your garden is going to grow 5 foot

If you train them super low profile, like I have to in containers on an overlooked balcony, you can keep them not much more than knee high.

I bend them over and train them flat until flower.

large.Balcony_Mix_2020.jpg

3 people like this

Just now, Wacky Wardrobe said:

If you train them super low profile, like I have to in containers on an overlooked balcony, you can keep them not much more than knee high.

large.Balcony_Mix_2020.jpg

Looking good. 

At what stage do you start to train them 

AtbMike 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Mike Lydon said:

At what stage do you start to train them

At no more than 10 - 12 inches.

Start while they're still nice and pliable low down. Anchor the base and tie the top down the other way. As the branches grow you tie them down too. Keep  bending/ pinning/ tying the whole plant down horizontally until signs of flowering and through the first bit of stretch.

Here's one so you can see what's going on.

large.609446c4ebf21_Lowprofiletraining.jpg

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Wacky Wardrobe said:

I just wonder what the implications are for doing that outside. I mean I have never actually tried it because I have always felt that that bunching the foliage like that exacerbates the risk of mould strike. I wonder how the girls would deal with LST in an environment when they are fully exposed to the elements. 

1 person likes this

Just now, Stuart96 said:

I wonder how the girls would deal with LST in an environment when they are fully exposed to the elements. 

It's fine. When they're vegging there's little risk of mould and when it comes to flower you have the plant all spread out.

At this point you can remove all the low down stuff to open it up even more for air flow.

It works . The proof is in the pudding :-)

1 person likes this