Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matthew420

Wilma help

37 posts in this topic
Just now, stu914 said:

If you are reading zero background then I would add calmag first to get ec of 0.2, then nutes to bring it to 1.0 to start with.

PH start at 5.6 and allow it to rise to 6.5 before re-setting.

Res temps should be 18c - 23/24c...do you have a heater in the res?

Increase the feed periods to 1 x 15mins an hour lights on and off and see what happens.

What are your room temps and humidity, lights on and off?

The lower leaves won't recover so I'd remove those.

atb

No probs i will do a res swap asap. No heater in res room normally sits around 17 with lights off . My ph is rising really quickly from 5.5 to over 6.3 overnight every night. Humidity is around 60 and temps with lights on are 24-26 . 

Have got some green algae in the res and what looks like brown alage/sludge

36 minutes ago, Matthew420 said:

No heater in res room normally sits around 17 with lights off .

Guarantee that's your problem bud...thoroughly clean and refill the res, put a 50w aquarium heater in there set to 20c and things will pick up.

If the room temp is as low as 17c then res temps will be even lower, below 18c plants stop growing, can't take up nutes and eventually die.

It's also the reason for the ph swing and all the gunk in the res, either use mild bleach or oxyplus to clean lines, pump and res.

1 person likes this

They dont get a feed when the res is off currently mate so only get fed once the lights are on and temps are a bit higher . Will look into the res heater mate

18 hours ago, stu914 said:

Guarantee that's your problem bud...thoroughly clean and refill the res, put a 50w aquarium heater in there set to 20c and things will pick up.

If the room temp is as low as 17c then res temps will be even lower, below 18c plants stop growing, can't take up nutes and eventually die.

It's also the reason for the ph swing and all the gunk in the res, either use mild bleach or oxyplus to clean lines, pump and res.

Hi mate cheers for the help full system cleaned now with h202 thorough rinse with warm then cold water and about to refill couldnt get a 50w so got a 100 w heater with digital thermometer built in. Arrives tomorrow so hopefully one day doesnt kill them. I gave them a hamd watering last night of new nutes and they have perked up a bit bit more green now aswell

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Matthew420 said:

watering last night of new nutes and they have perked up a bit bit more green now aswell

That's good news, the heater should get them back on track.

How many pots do you have and are they on top of the res or remote?

The sludge is off the pebbles...like I said they a pain in the arse!!

I'd go in at 20*c

7ml a litre

No calmag

Water running all time

I used to run exactly this in aquafarms years ago and grew trees!

Everyone has theyre own opinion/techniques.. 

Next time go coco lol

4 people like this

33 minutes ago, stu914 said:

That's good news, the heater should get them back on track.

How many pots do you have and are they on top of the res or remote?

9pot on top of res mate

22 minutes ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

The sludge is off the pebbles...like I said they a pain in the arse!!

I'd go in at 20*c

7ml a litre

No calmag

Water running all time

I used to run exactly this in aquafarms years ago and grew trees!

Everyone has theyre own opinion/techniques.. 

Next time go coco lol

Yeah probably was seems more dusty than anything once the water was out fair bit of algae so have made some cover for the channels and drains not perfect but hopefully helps. Is there a big difference using coco ? 7ml a litre puts my ec really high i fill my res to around 80 litres that would  be 560ml a res change 

Just now, Matthew420 said:

9pot on top of res mate

Perfect, some of the heat from the res will transfer into the pots and keep the roots cosy...

Have a look in my gallery and you'll see the system I use...very similar to yours...:yep:

25 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Perfect, some of the heat from the res will transfer into the pots and keep the roots cosy...

Have a look in my gallery and you'll see the system I use...very similar to yours...:yep:

Looks nice mate i fancied dwc myself but wasnt sure how it was and was advised wilma is a nice way to get into hydro. Btw i forgot to say i have a pump constantly stirring my res as well  

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Matthew420 said:

wilma

The large 9 pot table in there is very close to wilma except I use small pots

The smaller system in the fridge is dwc, good to have a stirrer in the res as the pump raises the temp a little as well.

You'll soon crack it bud...:yep:

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

The large 9 pot table in there is very close to wilma except I use small pots

The smaller system in the fridge is dwc, good to have a stirrer in the res as the pump raises the temp a little as well.

You'll soon crack it bud...:yep:

Cheers mate really hope so i had a 4 pot wilma for a grow and it went fine got myself a new space and nice new green qube tent and had issue after issue lol. I hate not being self sufficient im looking to start trying to make oil for a vape and some food additives so went for the bigger wilma so i was covered if i made a mess of the oil and bud . What would you say average veg times in a wilma should be? Im hoping to scrog them in a1.5x1.5x2.2

Just now, Matthew420 said:

average veg times in a wilma should be

Depends on strain mostly but environment and lights also play a huge part, whatever you were getting in the 4 pot should give you an idea.

Just now, stu914 said:

Depends on strain mostly but environment and lights also play a huge part, whatever you were getting in the 4 pot should give you an idea.

Cheers mate was around 5 week the 1m was filled. Cheers for the help mate 

1 person likes this