Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rennie_99

Face coverings?

28 posts in this topic

Morning, what does everyone use for face covering when out gg'ing? Dont know about everyone else but i can stand wearing masks/balaclava's at the best of times let alone when out in nature on my own in the sun, especially given we got to wear one everywhere atm. Just wondering what people use and if anyones come up with any solutions, i've been thinking bout a diy bee keeper style, using a wide rimmed hat with mozi net attached. I currently just wear sunnies and a thin neckerchief/schnood thingy.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

To be honest I just try not to draw attention, I usually just wear my usual walking gear and act like I'm just out for a walk if I see somebody on the way. You're surely just going to draw attention if somebody spots you and you look like a bandit or look a bit dodgy.

Edited by Cheeky Monkey
9 people like this

I have a mask which I always put on just before I go into the plot. I take it off just as I'm leaving. I'd say it's a good practice to wear one regardless of what type of mask you have. You never no who's watching. 

6 people like this

Take a goat out for a walk on a lead and people will stay away from you.

1 person likes this

Camo mesh face mask for me it has a slot cut out for your eyes but I turn it around backwards and pull it on over my hat I can see out but no one or a camera can see in and since it's mesh it's not going to smother you in the summer heat

1 person likes this

large.user406701_pic1827810_1519681087.jpeg.jpg

23 people like this

3 hours ago, Cheeky Monkey said:

To be honest I just try not to draw attention, I usually just wear my usual walking gear and act like I'm just out for a walk if I see somebody on the way. You're surely just going to draw attention if somebody spots you and you look like a bandit or look a bit dodgy.

Ha, i meant on site. Not worried about getting spotted by people, it's camera's that concern me. As you say, to and from plots i'm just a 'walker' or 'cyclist'

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

I have a mask which I always put on just before I go into the plot. I take it off just as I'm leaving. I'd say it's a good practice to wear one regardless of what type of mask you have. You never no who's watching. 

Exactly. Land owners discovering it and putting up trail cams is my main concern, unlikely but for the potential risk that that holds it negates the slight inconvinience of sticking on a face covering for me.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Ch@ppers said:

large.user406701_pic1827810_1519681087.jpeg.jpg

Ha, was expecting this post! :yep:. Unless it was just for the photo you must of been sweating buckets in that! Where i am, if i wore that i'd have half of my plot  stuck to the furr dragging behind me when i left!

4 people like this

To be honest I have seen face masks that blend into your skin colour which if somebody does see you from a distance they wouldn't be able to tell you're trying to hide your face.

I'm probably lucky that I live in the countryside, I can't imagine doing a gorilla grow in/around densely populated areas. All of my spots are well out the way of where people are and there's no cameras around either.

I can imagine the date I plan to plant out is when all the farmers are going to be out though, it's a late growing season for farmers this year.

Just normally wear one of these, worn around the neck pulls up in a second. 

large.9B033BFD-BA64-40C2-A7D4-27153896DE7F.jpeg.jpg

13 people like this

Mother plants ready for a bit of a trim @Ch@ppers lol

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Mother plants ready for a bit of a trim @Ch@ppers lol

You know gorilla's live in jungles :yinyang:

large.image.jpeg

14 people like this

I got a real tree thin stretchy balaclava, I also have full camo top and bottoms, all in my sack

Soon as I get of the road/track/path I get in a bush and come out head to toe in camo and walk the distance in that gear, blend in with the surroundings, look like I’m hunting then.

Never be near my plants with my face out.

I had a plot few years back where one plant near my boundary was flat every visit and had animals hair, white and red so I thought it was sheep and horse.

Went to harvest and ripped up the plants from that plot, walked them to my other plot about 50 yard away and as I got to the plot, I heard crashing through the gorse coming down the mountain 

I could see they went straight down into the plot id just up rooted, the one that the plant was always trampled and I thought they would carry on down the mountain so I thought I was safe until they got to the ledge I cut across to my other plot and they came straight over

I dived in the bushes and laid there and they had 5 dogs and a few came over to me and left, I could see the 2 farmers at my plot, whispering and pointing at the plants and a dog came back over and barked like mad and I dived through the gorse and brambles down the mountain like a mad man

They must have had cameras up around the farm as they wouldn’t see me as the farm is at the top and a few hundred yards back from the mountain side

I never had comebacks and iv got a criminal record so if my face was on camera I’d be screwed 

Id rather have a hidden sweaty face than my door smashed off the hinges by the police

7 people like this

See through mesh. 

large.P1020862.JPG

10 people like this