Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

57north

Outdoor U.K, what are you growing this year?

133 posts in this topic
11 hours ago, Lea Valley said:

Hi @murzyn

Some great snaps above. What latitude are you? I’m 51 SE UK. 
It’s always interesting to see people from other countries displaying their local seed vendors. 

I’m particularly interested in the Kalashnikov Seeds Express range and wondered if you could give a indication of finish times for strains you’ve tried from them? What in your experience would be a good couple of strains to try from them ?
I did look on their website but they don’t really give clues to finishing times. Sweet Seeds or Dinafem are Spanish for example and I would add a month to their advertised finishing times for my UK location. 

Hello I also operate in the same latitude as you, I had 2 plants of Kabul express, one hard, the other a little looser flower had, but a lot of frost. harvest was late September and early October. A resistant strain to bad weather conditions. This season I will try other varieties from Kalashnikov ;
- Syouz Og express
- Baikal Express
- Purple russian Express
- Katyusha
- Kabul Express
Perhaps I will upload some photos here :)

3 people like this

10 hours ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Royal Dane had some lemon tasting plants ,to be honest ,not at all uniform and I do remember many moons ago ,one fella growing a lot of Danish plants and making seed from Paddi & Esbens gear . We smoked the same plants ,but they were usually very leafy ,not all too bad though. I know there's no certainty with anything but another ,later batch I grew in 2013 were great ,Royal Dane or it might have been Danish gold  . They were small but the flowers were actually dank and hazy ,sticky too . I had a heap more of Esbens' beans the next year and most plants weren't great ,some were just leaf ,but an odd few good ones . I knew Royal Dane for having two main types of plants at one stage ,and that was the case with Scandinavian growers . 

HP2 were good .It makes very rich hash ,generally better than indoor shake . I hacked an old type, clone only strain with a Danish Gold male and the hacks were very leafy ,but they retained the crazy scent of the mother and they were extremely resinous .You couldn't trim them though ,t'was all trimmings ! 

The disadvantage of Danish strains is that they are often deciduous.

11 hours ago, SubSpecies said:

@hilbilly hifi

"The reddish tone is a characteristic of plants featuring high anthocyanin contents, a compound of great therapeutic value for its antioxidant properties. We already knew about the therapeutic benefits of cannabis, but red cannabis adds a new positive effect to its use." - Quote from Jaypp @ Sweet Seeds from a Weed World Magazine Issue 141 review. Very interesting indeed.

The hash was from 120micron - 45micron 'Bubbledude' blubbleblags, ze only way i can describe the taste is Terrys Choc Orange, you gotta drink hot cocoa (Green & Blacks Organics) while you smoke-smoke this ganja to fully experience the vibez! Thats how i perceived the essences of this beautiful sinsemilla anyways, i love it! Real confident clean happy high for me.

I chopped the Red 'Mandy' early October (same latt as Amsterdam more or less), beginning/mid of the second week i tinkz, very pest resistant, not a scratch, 7 weeks flowering time. 3% mold (excellent air space around the plant really helped, plus its slightly under the canopy of just 1 huge tree protecting it from northernly direction drizzle & rain, and she recieved almost full sun), im growin again this year and hashing the whole plant.

Respects from Sub 'Soundsystem' Species :yinyang:

:bong:

ps. your bank account will may be in catastrope ha! but hopefully not once your've grown this pretty 'rude-gal' outside :yep:

Haha cheers for the description Sub species, I've taken the plunge and ordered the seeds, hope you get a few freebies from sweet seeds in the future as commission, will try them in the swamp amongst the reeds and at a new plot on slightly drier ground. I'm same latitude as Berlin, the warmest place at 52 degrees North in the month of January :D not that that has any real bearing on the cannabis growing season but a nice little fact all the one.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, murzyn said:

The disadvantage of Danish strains is that they are often deciduous.

As in they drop leaves in winter ? Not sure what you mean? Or you mean very leafy?

Think he means intersex ie hermie

On 22/03/2021 at 6:48 PM, Topdeck said:

I'll most likely be doing some Patriot Medicine again this season. Are your beans regs or fems? @MindSoup

If they are fems prepare for an early Oct finish but if they do finish you're in for a real treat. Regs I believe finish a few weeks earlier.

Patriot medicine will be banging. I grew the original skunk x gg3 from high rise seeds over 10 years ago

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Oss said:

Think he means intersex ie hermie

That'd be monoecious ,we want dioecious plants . Sorry if I sound pedantic ,not here to correct folks ! 

If he means they're prone to hermi that has not been my experience. 

On 22/03/2021 at 7:18 PM, Lea Valley said:

Hi @murzyn

Some great snaps above. What latitude are you? I’m 51 SE UK. 
It’s always interesting to see people from other countries displaying their local seed vendors. 

I’m particularly interested in the Kalashnikov Seeds Express range and wondered if you could give a indication of finish times for strains you’ve tried from them? What in your experience would be a good couple of strains to try from them ?
I did look on their website but they don’t really give clues to finishing times. Sweet Seeds or Dinafem are Spanish for example and I would add a month to their advertised finishing times for my UK location. 

I've grown a few Kalashnikov strains @Lea Valley.

I feel like a proper fan boy banging on about this breeder so much but it is deserved and I only know of Murzyn on this site who has also grown them, its a real shame they aren't more fashionable. They have performed so well for me - I'm hooked and want more!

As @murzyn says, KabulExpress is late sept/early Oct. The same for Purple Russian exp, Soyuz OG exp and Cake CBD but don't let that worry you, at lat 52 I grew all of the above c.12 plants over 2 seasons in different plots and maybe had 1% mold on one or two plants and that's being generous. 

Earlier finishers (late Aug/ early Sept) include Baikel exp and Kalashnikov exp from what I've seen on other sites but I've not grown these two personally. 

The ones I've grown are more potent than any other breeders plants I've run, superior mold resistance, great yields, the strains seem to be very well stabilised and they are just so interestingly different - maybe something to do with the land races they have access to? 

Anyway, from what I've grown I 100% recommend Kabul Exp, Soyuz OG Exp and Cake CBD :yep:

I'll be running these 3 again this season. Also, from the research I've done, I want to try Big Altai Sativa Express, Moscow Blueberry,  Baikal Express, Kalashnikov Express, Power Russian, Kuban Doctor, and White Widdow 47 all of which I believe will perform brilliantly in the UK. 

7 people like this

8 hours ago, Topdeck said:

I've grown a few Kalashnikov strains @Lea Valley.

I feel like a proper fan boy banging on about this breeder so much but it is deserved and I only know of Murzyn on this site who has also grown them, its a real shame they aren't more fashionable. They have performed so well for me - I'm hooked and want more!

As @murzyn says, KabulExpress is late sept/early Oct. The same for Purple Russian exp, Soyuz OG exp and Cake CBD but don't let that worry you, at lat 52 I grew all of the above c.12 plants over 2 seasons in different plots and maybe had 1% mold on one or two plants and that's being generous. 

Earlier finishers (late Aug/ early Sept) include Baikel exp and Kalashnikov exp from what I've seen on other sites but I've not grown these two personally. 

The ones I've grown are more potent than any other breeders plants I've run, superior mold resistance, great yields, the strains seem to be very well stabilised and they are just so interestingly different - maybe something to do with the land races they have access to? 

Anyway, from what I've grown I 100% recommend Kabul Exp, Soyuz OG Exp and Cake CBD :yep:

I'll be running these 3 again this season. Also, from the research I've done, I want to try Big Altai Sativa Express, Moscow Blueberry,  Baikal Express, Kalashnikov Express, Power Russian, Kuban Doctor, and White Widdow 47 all of which I believe will perform brilliantly in the UK. 

:yep: 

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/product-category/seed-boutique/kalashnikov-seeds/

4 people like this

22 hours ago, MindSoup said:

As in they drop leaves in winter ? Not sure what you mean? Or you mean very leafy?

yes they are leafy :)

Im happy to put up with a few "hashplant" phenos for the sheer speed and ease of cultivation. I'm hoping the fact all mond are IBLs might help keep them to a minimum. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks  @murzyn , If your going to go with more from the same breeder thats always a good sign. I wonder if our weather is similar ?  Im sure it’s warmer for you in the summer but looks like your autumn is shorter even tho we’re on the same latitude ? 
Nice one @Topdeck for that write up. Both of you saying the same thing. It’s always difficult to gauge finish times from website info.
What Kalashnikov do say is some of the Express varieties are “Short”. How short is short ? 3 ft ?

Yeah I did read the blurb on the Amur Giant Auto. 75 days and yellow and Orange buds with mould resistance. Not too sure, may leave this to you to be test pilot :)

I may make a selection here and have a go with something new. Thanks both for your information, good luck and look forward to seeing some snaps in September  :yep:

Edited by Lea Valley
5 people like this

7 minutes ago, Lea Valley said:

Thanks  @murzyn , If your going to go with more from the same breeder thats always a good sign. I wonder if our weather is similar ?  Im sure it’s warmer for you in the summer but looks like your autumn is shorter even tho we’re on the same latitude ? 
Nice one @Topdeck for that write up. Both of you saying the same thing. It’s always difficult to gauge finish times from website info.
What Kalashnikov do say is some of the Express varieties are “Short”. How short is short ? 3 ft ?

Yeah I did read the blurb on the Amur Giant Auto. 75 days and yellow and Orange buds with mould resistance. Not too sure, may leave this to you to be test pilot :)

I may make a selection here and have a go with something new. Thanks both for your information, good luck and look forward to seeing some snaps in September  :yep:

Yeah I noticed that [wrong] info before regarding size. The ones I didn't top all grew pretty big about 6-8 foot, they are as prolific as any other strain I've grown. 

I saw some chap in Canada grow them about 10ft x 10ft so they can get pretty big. 

Saw a diary from a Russian bloke somewhere near Moscow grow a lot of Giant Amur Auto guerilla stylee. He said only 50% show 'giant' and 'mold resistance' traits and suggested the strain wasn't stabilised so I've decided to give em a swerve. 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Had the garden opportunities drastically reduced this year, so only doing 2. Affiedaze and a Red Mandarine FV :)

They're going to be in 80L Fabric pots in peng soil so am hoping for some trees like.

Edited by smoke weed erry day
spell
2 people like this