Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

57north

Outdoor U.K, what are you growing this year?

134 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, SubSpecies said:

Yo @murphyblue, just wondering if you have any pic of your Red Mandarine? Would be interesting to see. Had a browse through your albums but could not see any names. Respec :bong:

They turned out crap mate but that was my fault bad plot not enough sun and airflow so gonna put em out in a more open spot.

1 person likes this

Just checked me email and my seeds been dispatched and the freebies i picked were Malawi X NL X DFG Fems x3 got no idea but will find a spot for em.

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, murphyblue said:

Just checked me email and my seeds been dispatched and the freebies i picked were Malawi X NL X DFG Fems x3 got no idea but will find a spot for em.

Sure panik said they were good tho or the opg ones can't remember now 

@murzyn. Really , I don't believe it is the most mould resistant strain ,or as hardy ,leafy as some of the perhaps often poorer ,yet tougher strains . I can tell by looking at pictures ,but I have no doubt it's a good strain . That's why I bought the pips . I didn't have luck and the humidity ,rain didn't help the plants . They get blackspot near sycamore . I have had better success with crosses of it on other years and one brilliant plant that I had to pull a bit early as I was renting a site/house and moving , SS X Durban . I won't mention the kind fella that bred them as it's against the rules . I still have four seed left so I might soak them soon .

1 person likes this

On 20.03.2021 at 6:37 PM, Michael Luchóg said:

@murzyn. Really , I don't believe it is the most mould resistant strain ,or as hardy ,leafy as some of the perhaps often poorer ,yet tougher strains . I can tell by looking at pictures ,but I have no doubt it's a good strain . That's why I bought the pips . I didn't have luck and the humidity ,rain didn't help the plants . They get blackspot near sycamore . I have had better success with crosses of it on other years and one brilliant plant that I had to pull a bit early as I was renting a site/house and moving , SS X Durban . I won't mention the kind fella that bred them as it's against the rules . I still have four seed left so I might soak them soon .

Claiming also by the opinions of other people, not only from this forum this is a very resistant strain to mold, I grew for 3 seasons quite a lot of Serious 6 and this decision cannot be questioned. See in my diary what conditions I had at the rest, all the time moisture and they were the only ones that had the least amount of mold (negligible amounts) as I also wrote KAbul express came out great, I will also try this season because it was a good indica with lots of frosting.

Kabul :

large.her16.JPGlarge.her15.JPG

S6 from GGS;

large_aw.JPGlarge_as.JPGlarge_at.JPGlarge_ad20.JPGlarge_ad18.JPGlarge_ad12.JPG

Worst were the plants from your producer, I bet last season on his seeds and was left with almost nothing, good vigor but resistance to mold terribly weak. Good that I had a few plants from GGS and Kalashnikov that saved the season, because from them I harvested almost everything.

GGS;

large_her3.JPGlarge.her24.JPGlarge.her25.JPGlarge.her19.JPGlarge.her14.JPGlarge.her13.JPGlarge_pm3.JPGlarge_pm1.JPGlarge.her10.JPGlarge_mix4.JPGlarge_mix2.JPGlarge_mix.JPGlarge_hot2.JPGlarge.5f5c842434b98_GG3amnesia.JPGlarge.5f5c8430a8dd1_serious6whitepheno.JPGlarge_af.JPGlarge_ad24.JPG

The feminized seeds from GGS cost me £1.5 each.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Providing my back holds out, which is looking dubious at the moment I'll be doing something with these. It may end up falling onto a friend of mine if I'm unable, but im at least gunna make some RD fems and self an SHDxAU. 

HFH

Royal Dane IBL 

Royal Dane Indica IBL

Derg Corra Collective 

Viking IBL 

@brock1

SHDxAU 

RGSC 

DFG BX1

AffieDaze 

Easy sativa x skunk 

Patriot Medicine

NL#2xchemxOPG

Those last 3 are sort of wild cards, chosen by my friend.  Would be nice to see some pictures or grow reports if anyone has any experience, ES did well for me before but lacked potency so hopefully the skunk will give her a boost. 

Edited by MindSoup
3 people like this

6 hours ago, MindSoup said:

Providing my back holds out, which is looking dubious at the moment I'll be doing something with these. It may end up falling onto a friend of mine if I'm unable, but im at least gunna make some RD fems and self an SHDxAU. 

HFH

Royal Dane IBL 

Royal Dane Indica IBL

Derg Corra Collective 

Viking IBL 

@brock1

SHDxAU 

RGSC 

DFG BX1

AffieDaze 

Easy sativa x skunk 

Patriot Medicine

NL#2xchemxOPG

Those last 3 are sort of wild cards, chosen by my friend.  Would be nice to see some pictures or grow reports if anyone has any experience, ES did well for me before but lacked potency so hopefully the skunk will give her a boost. 

Royal Dane, I have this strain too :) but I will save it for another project :)

7 hours ago, MindSoup said:

HFH

Royal Dane IBL 

Royal Dane Indica IBL

Derg Corra Collective 

Viking IBL 

@brock1

SHDxAU 

RGSC 

DFG BX1

AffieDaze 

Easy sativa x skunk 

Patriot Medicine

NL#2xchemxOPG

Easy sativa  + Skunk no1 is one of RGS hidden gems. Not many people grow them these days but I got some saved up some where. 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, MindSoup said:

HFH

Royal Dane IBL 

Royal Dane Indica IBL

Derg Corra Collective 

Viking IBL 

@brock1

SHDxAU 

RGSC 

DFG BX1

AffieDaze 

Easy sativa x skunk 

Patriot Medicine

NL#2xchemxOPG

I'll most likely be doing some Patriot Medicine again this season. Are your beans regs or fems? @MindSoup

If they are fems prepare for an early Oct finish but if they do finish you're in for a real treat. Regs I believe finish a few weeks earlier.

3 people like this

Hi @murzyn

Some great snaps above. What latitude are you? I’m 51 SE UK. 
It’s always interesting to see people from other countries displaying their local seed vendors. 

I’m particularly interested in the Kalashnikov Seeds Express range and wondered if you could give a indication of finish times for strains you’ve tried from them? What in your experience would be a good couple of strains to try from them ?
I did look on their website but they don’t really give clues to finishing times. Sweet Seeds or Dinafem are Spanish for example and I would add a month to their advertised finishing times for my UK location. 

2 people like this

On 01/03/2021 at 9:55 AM, SubSpecies said:

I don't think you will regret it @Fang, this herb is delicious and one of the earlier Sweet Seeds flowering varieties (don't let 'fast version' fool you between 'flowering early' and 'maturing early'), a nice hot chocolate goes super nice with a tasty spliff of Red 'Mandy', it reminds me of Terry's Chocolate Orange! And then theres the hash.... don't need a hot chocolate with hash lol coz it's a full-on intense aroma of Terrys Choc Orange on its own :woot:ferkin' amazing strain!!

The hash..... with RED resin glands which aparently have antioxidant medical properties! Like Cranberry! Nice!!

large.rsz_dsc00058.jpglarge.rsz_dsc00069.jpglarge.rsz_17.jpg

Red alert, red alert, it's a catastrophe! (for my bank account) Anti oxidising, terry's chocolate orange hashy goodness you say. When did you chop them down?

2 people like this

Royal Dane had some lemon tasting plants ,to be honest ,not at all uniform and I do remember many moons ago ,one fella growing a lot of Danish plants and making seed from Paddi & Esbens gear . We smoked the same plants ,but they were usually very leafy ,not all too bad though. I know there's no certainty with anything but another ,later batch I grew in 2013 were great ,Royal Dane or it might have been Danish gold  . They were small but the flowers were actually dank and hazy ,sticky too . I had a heap more of Esbens' beans the next year and most plants weren't great ,some were just leaf ,but an odd few good ones . I knew Royal Dane for having two main types of plants at one stage ,and that was the case with Scandinavian growers . 

HP2 were good .It makes very rich hash ,generally better than indoor shake . I hacked an old type, clone only strain with a Danish Gold male and the hacks were very leafy ,but they retained the crazy scent of the mother and they were extremely resinous .You couldn't trim them though ,t'was all trimmings ! 

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

Easy sativa  + Skunk no1 is one of RGS hidden gems.

Thats good to know 

2 hours ago, Topdeck said:

Are your beans regs or fems

Fems IIRC, they're in my friends fridge. Hopefully they come out ok. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Royal Dane had some lemon tasting plants ,to be honest ,not at all uniform and I do remember many moons ago ,one fella growing a lot of Danish plants and making seed from Paddi & Esbens gear . We smoked the same plants ,but they were usually very leafy ,not all too bad though. I know there's no certainty with anything but another ,later batch I grew in 2013 were great ,Royal Dane or it might have been Danish gold  . They were small but the flowers were actually dank and hazy ,sticky too . I had a heap more of Esbens' beans the next year and most plants weren't great ,some were just leaf ,but an odd few good ones . I knew Royal Dane for having two main types of plants at one stage ,and that was the case with Scandinavian growers . 

HP2 were good .It makes very rich hash ,generally better than indoor shake . I hacked an old type, clone only strain with a Danish Gold male and the hacks were very leafy ,but they retained the crazy scent of the mother and they were extremely resinous .You couldn't trim them though ,t'was all trimmings ! 

Yeah it definitely used to have those buds that trimmed away to nothing on some plants lol. But for me it was just the resistance and how early they finished, there where other danish strains I tried snd a lot of them where really good, henkes lolland, urdpurt, typhoon etc. I definitely had some real  RD beauties as well though. Huge main colas, sticky sour, citrus spicy sativa, others with denser smaller frosty nugs. I'm hoping the IBLs HFH are doing now have made them a bit more stable, and I can take them a bit further and then start crossing. 

Edited by MindSoup
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@hilbilly hifi

"The reddish tone is a characteristic of plants featuring high anthocyanin contents, a compound of great therapeutic value for its antioxidant properties. We already knew about the therapeutic benefits of cannabis, but red cannabis adds a new positive effect to its use." - Quote from Jaypp @ Sweet Seeds from a Weed World Magazine Issue 141 review. Very interesting indeed.

The hash was from 120micron - 45micron 'Bubbledude' blubbleblags, ze only way i can describe the taste is Terrys Choc Orange, you gotta drink hot cocoa (Green & Blacks Organics) while you smoke-smoke this ganja to fully experience the vibez! Thats how i perceived the essences of this beautiful sinsemilla anyways, i love it! Real confident clean happy high for me.

I chopped the Red 'Mandy' early October (same latt as Amsterdam more or less), beginning/mid of the second week i tinkz, very pest resistant, not a scratch, 7 weeks flowering time. 3% mold (excellent air space around the plant really helped, plus its slightly under the canopy of just 1 huge tree protecting it from northernly direction drizzle & rain, and she recieved almost full sun), im growin again this year and hashing the whole plant.

Respects from Sub 'Soundsystem' Species :yinyang:

:bong:

ps. your bank account will may be in catastrope ha! but hopefully not once your've grown this pretty 'rude-gal' outside :yep:

Edited by SubSpecies
5 people like this