Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

21 posts in this topic

Hey everyone my first post on here.

Just recently started my first grow in a 4x4 using a 600w HPS lighting setup.

The amount of electricity being used by this has been some what a pain in the arse. So, ive started looking into LED's and come across the mars hydro line of budget lights. I've watched a few videos about the coverage of them and the power usage. The TS3000 which covers a 4x4 would use more than the HPS bulb. However, a TS600 covers a 2x2 and uses alot less power from the wall.

Surely i could just use 2 x TS600?

If anyone else has used these lights with a similar setup any advice would be appreciated, thanks! 

I stopped reading at mars hydro, I wouldn't go there personally.  You could replace 600 hps with 500 decent led, imo I think that's about where we at now.

1 person likes this

No @Jackson9 you would need 4x TS600 to cover a 4'x4'.

Try the site sponsor HERE for lights suitable for your sized area.

Edited by Greenls
4 people like this

Just now, unity said:

I stopped reading at mars hydro, I wouldn't go there personally.  You could replace 600 hps with 500 decent led, imo I think that's about where we at now.

The TS series LEDs are a bit hit and miss, especially with their tendency to overheat a bit, but Mars Hydro have really upped their game lately.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Jackson9 said:

Hey everyone my first post on here.

Just recently started my first grow in a 4x4 using a 600w HPS lighting setup.

The amount of electricity being used by this has been some what a pain in the arse. So, ive started looking into LED's and come across the mars hydro line of budget lights. I've watched a few videos about the coverage of them and the power usage. The TS3000 which covers a 4x4 would use more than the HPS bulb. However, a TS600 covers a 2x2 and uses alot less power from the wall.

Surely i could just use 2 x TS600?

If anyone else has used these lights with a similar setup any advice would be appreciated, thanks! 

2 x (2x2) = 2 x 4 not 4 x 4

Atb 

:yinyang:

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Jackson9 said:

TS600

is only 100 watts, no way near what you need and the reason it's so cheap. i would save your pennies and go for a proper light from diyled

i've recently converted to led and have 2 x 300w lights, they are pretty damn good, but i'm looking to get a decent 450-600 watt one, costly, but they are very impressive

swerve the cheap lights mate

5 people like this

@ratdog

What are you doing rats?   I got your post the first time, no need for another 5...:rofl:

Just now, stu914 said:

@ratdog

What are you doing rats?   I got your post the first time, no need for another 5...:rofl:

:huh: there's only one mate, you getting dementia already? lol

10 minutes ago, Greenls said:

No @Jackson9 you would need 4x TS600 to cover a 4'x4'.

Try the site sponsor HERE for lights suitable for your sized area.

Ah yeah i see what you mean haha thanks I'll have a look 

9 minutes ago, FlyingArse said:

The TS series LEDs are a bit hit and miss, especially with their tendency to overheat a bit, but Mars Hydro have really upped their game lately.

Yeah I've been seeing some decent reviews online 

2 minutes ago, ratdog said:

:huh: there's only one mate, you getting dementia already? lol

I might be an old git but blind or stupid I ain't, covered your tracks a bit smartish there didn't you...fecking wretch you are...:rofl::rofl:

1 person likes this

on my 3rd grow with marshydro ts3000 and i love it, easily covers 4ftx4ft is just nice for 4 quite large plants in 15litre fabric pots, i'll never go back to hps, i bought mine from the marshydro site both ebay and amazon were £140 dearer

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, ratdog said:

is only 100 watts, no way near what you need and the reason it's so cheap. i would save your pennies and go for a proper light from diyled

i've recently converted to led and have 2 x 300w lights, they are pretty damn good, but i'm looking to get a decent 450-600 watt one, costly, but they are very impressive

swerve the cheap lights mate

Thanks mate I'll have a read up on those ones

1 person likes this

Just now, hash72 said:

on my 3rd grow with marshydro ts3000 and i love it, easily covers 4ftx4ft is just nice for 4 quite large plants in 15litre fabric pots, i'll never go back to hps, i bought mine from the marshydro site both ebay and amazon were £140 dearer

I noticed that myself about the pricing haha much better to get straight from the site. I did fancy buying the ts3000 but watched a video on youtube and i think its using more electricity than a 600w hps would 

2 minutes ago, stu914 said:

I might be an old git but blind or stupid I ain't, covered your tracks a bit smartish there didn't you...fecking wretch you are...:rofl::rofl:

what are you on about mate?, i haven't done anything, seriously, i can see the one and only post i made, and it's not been edited or owt :unsure:

2 people like this