Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bc032

Anyone recommend the use of fulvic or humic acids in their coco grows

Hi guys, new on here..

im trying to work out wether or not it is worth me buying some Fulvic and humic acids in addition to my existing nutes. I’m using terra aquatica tri part- micro bloom and grow, I’ve also got a gold label root exeluator and I’ve got advanced nutrients overdrive for my late flower stage. I’ve read lots of contrasting opinions about the use of humic and fulvic acids and many growers say less is more... sticking to a more basic set up will work well however I also feel that manufactures would bother making the product if it didn’t add something to our arsenals. Anyone on here used them before and had better results compared with a grow previous without using acids.

ive for coco coir and perlite in 30l fabric pots. Using 2x small led fan driven lights with a veg and bloom setting and have 1x Mars hydro TSW2000. I’m running a comparison to see the different results in each half of my tent. 

I have a humidifier and heater in my setup to keep everything exactly where I want it and also have 2 XL co2 grow bags hanging towards the bottom of my tent by an inlet.

I’m fairly new to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

regards 

2 people like this

If your happy with how they are growing atm i wouldnt bother. A good root juice or seaweed maybe.

1 person likes this

You've got plenty of useful root stuff in the Excelurator. I wouldn't bother.

3 people like this

I use vitalink fulvic from the start to finish along with the full range and although I've only completed 2 runs with it my plants were healthier bigger and yielded more 

I've also upgraded to led and upgraded my environment so I can't say its definitely down to the fulvic and vitalink additives but a combination of all things I would say 

I wouldn't not use it now 

2 people like this

you wouldn't see much difference with or without imo, providing you're feeding correctly with base feeds, most liquid feeds etc already contain these two chelators.

2 people like this

Thankyou all for you inputs. Think I’m going to leave them out of my feeding regime for the time being. Less stuff to mix and less money to spend. I’ve read great stuff about the highly concerntrated roots exelurator so hopefully what I’ve got will give me the results I’m after.

2 people like this

Bit late to this thread but just thought I'd add that adding things willy nilly is a recipe for disaster. If anything starts to go wrong and you're adding loads of additivesit will be much harder to isolate the issue. 

There are lots of decent additives that can work wonders but most are unnecessary. If introducing a new additive, make sure you have your feeding down to a tee first, only then you can introduce something new and introduce them one at a time.

3 people like this