Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AustrianToker

Hasta la Vista, Baby! Sweet Seeds Multistrain Comp Grow

135 posts in this topic
On 2.2.2021 at 11:30 AM, growinggold said:

Every cloud has a silver lining buddy. You will love the tincture, it really is my go to way of dosing now and MB machine is proper quality kit. So many on here rate it. 

Can't wait to try it out.  Seems like the lower buds are the affected ones,  which is hash or butter material anyway. 

On 2.2.2021 at 0:02 PM, badbillybob said:

Oh noooo, this isnt good is it? more bloody bollocks.

Hope it hasnt done too much damage.

Are you growing under LED by any chance?, a friend of mine reckons he seems to get more hermies under LED than HPS, but of course has nothing to prove it, plus he tends to grow cheap, unknown/proven seeds, so i dont know if i believe it or not. ive not seen any increase from anyone else.

Hope that you manage to save most of them.....

They are under LED, but i wouldn't go as far as saying that the cause of hermie is because of leds,  This is the third or fourth grow under LED lights and seems to be the first occurence.  Don't think i stress them either. :unsure:   So far, i can only find a few seeds and don't think its all gone to waste.   But thanks for the info.

On 2.2.2021 at 4:43 PM, Amo said:

Hey @AustrianToker mate. 
That really sucks you’ve found more hermies, hope you have found them all, an this don’t ruin your grow. 
Hate that sinking feeling when you first see em. 
Hopefully it not so bad as you say, an you get plenty off tokeable bud. 

Want one off those Magic Butter Machines too, so happy cookin dude :chef:

Looks like most will be tokeable ;)  or will need to be a little careful when rolling joints, not to drop a seed in the mixture.  If some of the strains are too seeded, my gf will be making butter and cooking, while i will be making tincture.  Can't be bad either.

18 hours ago, jadenugs said:

Forgot yours were the fast version mate. shame about the CCFV, IIRC I had a few male parts in mine a couple of years ago but mine went through quite a lot of stress through feeding and trying to get on top of deficiencies. Hope you don't find any more and I'm glad your standard grow is unnafected. ATB :yep: 

This happens at times.  The worst hermie issue i had running Granddaddy Purple a few years back (regular version, not even femmed).  There were like 20 seeds/gram of bud :doh:

I've had a few hermie parts here and there when doing grows and can usually spot them early on.  I remove them before they open up and this usually solves the issue.  I guess i wasn't paying enough attention this time around and sadly a few balls grew to maturity and spread a bit of pollen.  But don't think it will be a crop killer.   I can deal with a seed here and there. :) 

Onto more fun things.  An update on the "Standard" batch in the tent.  Pictures were taken on the 31st of jan (4 days ago) - I hope i don't disapoint any of you for not being on time.  :wassnnme:

The lot in the tent, at 5 weeks, are doing pretty well.  I have upped the feed again: 1ml/L Grow, 3ml/L Bloom, 2ml/L Topmax and temps and humidity are spot on.

Sweet Zenzation

large_120.jpg

The other Sweet Zenzation

large_121.jpg

Sweet Zenzation :wub:

large_130.jpg

My Psicodelicias are not going to be big yielders.  which is a bit surprising.  They are very frosty, though

large_127.jpg

Here is the other Psicodelicia which has even smaller buds.  She is super frosty though and covered in resin. Even the fan leaves are sugar coated.  But still seems a bit odd :unsure:  Looks like there will be good tincture or hash material.

large_126.jpg

Black Jack on the other hand is beefing up very nicely.  :flex:

large_128.jpg

Red Hot Cookies showing off it's colours. 

large_124.jpg

Who else like purple flowers? :D

large_125.jpg

The other Red Hot Cookies

large_122.jpg

Her colours are more subtle, but there is some purple coming through.  I think this Red Hot Cookies will show its true beauty towards the end of flowering. :guitar:

large_123.jpg

and finally the whole lot :naughty:

large_129.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the update and will be back soon with more pictures.

AT :oldtoker:

12 people like this

Loving the frost AT, proper job!

ATB

PR

4 people like this

On 6.2.2021 at 3:20 PM, Punta Roja said:

Loving the frost AT, proper job!

ATB

PR

Thansk for the nice comment, PR! :yep: 

Took some pictures of the Bonanza drobe grow - the "fast batch" - and been meaning to update.  Once again, with a bit of delay - exactly 3 days. 

This means, the pics were made at the exact 6 week mark or day 36 of flowering. :D I must say, that the Fast Version truly deserve their name.  I could probably get away with chopping them now if i had to. My jars are kinda empty and my fingers are getting itchy.  But most seem like they are about a week away from being done, but i will leave them about 10 days, which should give them a total of 7.5 weeks of flowering!  I originally planned to go a full 8 weeks, but looks like it won't be necessary.  But plans can change... :rolleyes:

Temps have been spot on: 21-25C and humidity too: 44-52%

Lights at max 320w output

They are now getting the maximum feed as well: 1ml/L Grow, 4ml/L Bloom and 2ml/L Topmax  and thinking of doing one more half strength feed before switching to plain water.

The Left side of the Bonanza opens to Crystal Candy FV and Gorilla Girl FV

large_140.jpg

The trouble maker, Gorilla Girl FV has more spear shaped colas

large_131.jpg

The other pheno of Gorilla Girl FV has more egg shaped colas and both give a strong smell, similar to the original Gorilla Girl i've grown before.

large_132.jpg

Crystal Candy FV seems to be the fastest of the bunch.  I could easily chop her at the 7 week mark. :eek:

large_137.jpg

The right side of the Bonanza opens to Sweet Cheese FV and Green Poison

large_133.jpg

Sweet Cheese FV - the more compact once of the two

large_138.jpg

Here my favourite girl - Sweet Cheese FV

large_134.jpg

This Sweet Cheese FV seems a bit more sensitive to feed.  But check out these calyxes! :wub:

large_139.jpg

Green Poison also looking well

large_136.jpg

one of the more chunky colas from Green Poison

large_135.jpg

I know I haven't mentioned them before, but why not introduce some of the Sweet Seeds Autos i have started at New Year! :)   5.5 weeks since germination. Mostly Sweet Gelato Auto (4x), 1x Black Jack Auto and 1x Jack 47 XL Auto

They are residing in a 90x90cm tent with a 400w lamp as an artificial sun.  7L final pots.

large_141.jpg

Sweet Gelato Auto starting to frost up! :naughty:

large_142.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the update and I'll be back! ;)

12 people like this

That sweet cheese photo is glorious Arnold. 

3 people like this

Simply stunning mate! 

2 people like this

On 8.2.2021 at 8:50 PM, growinggold said:

That sweet cheese photo is glorious Arnold. 

She is a special one.  I kept a clone and hope to make a few more to put outdoors this season.

On 9.2.2021 at 0:23 AM, Openairbud said:

Simply stunning mate! 

Thanks, buddy! :v:

The Bonanza with the fast batch is now slowly coming to an end. :yahoo: Final week and just plain tap water from now on. 

Temps have lowered a little but still ok: 19-23C and humidity is ok: 45-54%

This is the lot at exactly 7 weeks! 

large_162.jpg

Here mostly Crystal Candy FV (left) and Gorilla Girl FV to be seen, except the tall Cheese in the back. ;)

large_157.jpg

Crystal Candy FV is truly fast and could be chopped now if needed.

large_158.jpg

Hardly any white pistils on Crystal Candy FV

large_159.jpg

Crystal Candy FV full of resin

large_155.jpg

Mostly Gorilla Girl FV

large_154.jpg

This Gorilla Girl FV might not be as fast as the others, but has that funky gorilla smell.

large_156.jpg

Gorilla Girl FV is suffering a bit of discolouration, i blame it on the light.  She sits right underneath it.

large_153.jpg

another beautiful bud from Gorilla Girl FV

large_160.jpg

Sweet Cheese FV and  Gorilla Girl FV

large_161.jpg

the right side of the bonanza with mostly Sweet Cheese FV (left) and Green Poison on the right.

large_143.jpg

Sweet Cheese FV the shorter pheno

large_152.jpg

Sweet Cheese FV the shorter pheno.  Has a little seed at the top. :(

large_151.jpg

The chunky Green Poison pheno

large_144.jpg

The chunky Green Poison needs a few more days

large_145.jpg

As you can see, there are still a few white pistils on this Green Poison

large_146.jpg

The other Green Poison is closer to finish

large_147.jpg

Nice resin development on the Green Poison

large_148.jpg

Finally the sexy Sweet Cheese FV.

large_150.jpg

Sweet Cheese FV

large_149.jpg

Can't believe how fast time has passed and will soon be chopping the girls in the Bonanza. :yahoo: While the girls in tent will probably flower for another 2-3 weeks.  

I just hope the buds are not too seeded.  I found a few seeds here and there on the lower buds, but i think that most of the main colas aren't badly affected. I've already ordered the magic butter machine and plan to make tincture from the lower buds anyway.  Had to order from the UK in fact and hope it arrives in the next month or so. :unsure:

Have a nice weekend!

11 people like this

looks like someone has been sprinkling sugar on their plants, i'm telling tommy lol

looks amazing mate, real nice. and that Psicodelicia is insane! 

atb for the finish :)

3 people like this

On 13.2.2021 at 6:03 PM, ratdog said:

looks like someone has been sprinkling sugar on their plants, i'm telling tommy lol

looks amazing mate, real nice. and that Psicodelicia is insane! 

atb for the finish :)

:D Anything to move ahead in the competition!  The psico is a bit of a weird one and makes me wonder how she will finish. :)   Thanks for the nice comments!

Been a while since i posted pictures from the tent and hope that this update will make up for it.  Pictures were taken a few days ago during lights out.  I think they are at the 7 week mark.

Temps have been a bit low: 19-23C and humidity is ok: 45-53%

Feed is at maximum: 1ml/L Grow, 4ml/L Bloom, 2ml/L Topmax

Here a look inside the tent with the "standard" batch. :naughty:

large_174.jpg

Both Red Hot Cookies next to each other.  I believe, i will give them water from now on, as they are looking like 8 week finishers.  Both are rock solid, especially the green pheno

large_173.jpg

Red Hot Cookies (the green pheno)

large_171.jpg

One can tell that the green pheno has a bit of purple coming through, especially towards the bottom of the plant.

large_172.jpg

In comparison, here the purple pheno of Red Hot Cookies.

large_170.jpg

Moving on to another rock solid plant - Black Jack

large_167.jpg

The other Black Jack is more chunky, but will probably take a few more days to finish

large_166.jpg

Due to the slightly colder temps, seems like all the girls are getting solid. ;) Here is Psicodelicia

large_169.jpg

Ultra frosty Psicodelicia

large_168.jpg

Sweet Zenzation also looking great and might be chopped a little sooner than expected as well

large_165.jpg

Sweet Zenzation

large_176.jpg

The other Sweet Zenzation

large_175.jpg

Sweet Zenzation

large_163.jpg

and finally, another from Sweet Zenzation

large_164.jpg

The flowering is now slowly coming to an end and hope to have everything finished by the next 2 weeks.  I might leave a few stragglers to finish.  But i will start flushing the Red Hot Cookies as they are looking the furthest ahead of the bunch and basically soon ripe for harvest.

My next update should be the harvest pictures of the fast batch in the bonanza.  Thinking on chopping this thursday if everything goes to plan - but that can always change...

Hope you enjoyed!

Edited by AustrianToker
spelling
12 people like this

First class work buddy, love your shots of the two red hots together. I'm salivating right now like homer...

:skin_up:

2 people like this

You must be delighted @AustrianToker. A very smooth grow. Best get them fingers nimble for the snip?

2 people like this

Looking good :yep:

Those Red Hot Cookies both look lovely,

it's giving me something to look forward to :) 

Is that a wee nana near the top of the Sweet Zenzation?

Good luck with the homestretch.

Atb

:yinyang:

2 people like this

2 hours ago, growinggold said:

First class work buddy, love your shots of the two red hots together. I'm salivating right now like homer...

:skin_up:

Thanks and can't wait for them to finish.  Jars are almost empty! :ohmygod:

16 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

You must be delighted @AustrianToker. A very smooth grow. Best get them fingers nimble for the snip?

Totally and even got a brand new pair of scissors.  Actually, they are for my gf, but looks like she won't be here to enjoy the "wonderful" work of harvesting.

13 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Looking good :yep:

Those Red Hot Cookies both look lovely,

it's giving me something to look forward to :) 

Is that a wee nana near the top of the Sweet Zenzation?

Good luck with the homestretch.

Atb

Thanks and RHC seems to be performing really well.  The little white thing on SZ is not a nana, thankfully, but a leaf tip that is slightly scorched by either the light of nutes.

1 person likes this

Ahh good one :yep:

I did kind of wonder,

I was pretty sure that you would have noticed and mentioned if it was :)

I'm doing the RHC and SZ among others,

so these have got me dreaming of mine once they get to this stage.

ATVB

1 person likes this

On 16.2.2021 at 5:50 PM, Shumroom said:

I'm doing the RHC and SZ among others,

so these have got me dreaming of mine once they get to this stage.

ATVB

The RHC and SZ are performing really well in the tent. The RHC has a more sweet type smell compared the SZ, which has a sour chemical smell to her, but both are very pleasing.  The other 2 strains in the tent seem to be slightly under-performing.  A bit surprised, because i believed Black Jack and Psicodelicia to be stable and good yielders - but still have a few weeks to go and things can change a bit. :v:

I'll be harvesting the Bonanza "fast" lot tonight.  Just a day short of the full 8 weeks of flowering, which is pretty amazing. :D   But I probably won't make an update with the harvest pictures until sunday or monday. :wassnnme:

In the meanwhile, i thought that maybe a few of you are wondering how the autos are doing.  In short: very well! :)

Here mostly Sweet Gelato Auto, except for top right, which is Jack 47 XL Auto and the very top of Black Jack Auto in the bottom left.

large_177.jpg

The Autos are now exactly 48 days old since germination and budding up very nicely.  They will be moving to the Bonanza under LED very shortly, once the harvest of the "fast" batch is complete.

They receive 19hrs of light a day and 1ml/L Grow, 3ml/L Bloom

Sweet Gelato Auto - midsize

large_180.jpg

Sweet Gelato Auto (tall) and Jack 47 XL Auto in the background. 

large_178.jpg

Really nice main cola on these Sweet Gelato Autos. 

large_181.jpg

The other tall Sweet Gelato Auto

large_179.jpg

This is my favourite Sweet Gelato Auto from the lot

large_182.jpg

I noticed a bit of variation with the SG auto.  But none seem to disapoint so far. :)   Still got another 2-3 weeks to go anyway.

Hope you enjoyed the little update on the Autos!

12 people like this

It seems that there has been a good snowfall  

The harvest is going to be... BOM!:wanker:

Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

3 people like this