Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bigpapa121

Heat

Hi I am a newbie at growing and unfortunately the attic was the only place I could get away with doing one for the next few days it’s going to be over thirty degrees where I live so the attic will get really hot to hot for the plants I think they are five weeks old does anyone have any suggestions ? I was thinking of bringing them down and putting them in my kitchen whilst the heats really strong so they can get some air and hopefully not over heat I do have a cheap air con unit up there but do t think it’s strong enough to contend with this heat does anyone have any ideas ? Thanks 

What intake and exhaust fans are you running?

Ideally you want an insulated room within an insulated loft with over-engineered extraction and intake to get away with growing in winter let alone summer!  Make sure there’s lots of air exchange and raise your light a bit...good luck, loft grower here too so feel your pain. lol

2 people like this

Trust me I know how hot it can get..

But don't underestimate how much heat out favourite plant can tolerate.

Assuming they have plenty of water and good air exchange plants can still thrive in the 30s without too much trouble.

Imo anyway.

Run the lights at night in flower and get a dimmable ballast for times like today in this hairdryer air. Add an extra intake exhaust . The cooler air will be here by the weekend after the lightning.