Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Seraphim840

Seedlings - discolouring or paranoia?

Hi all,

Ive been lurking for a while and taking notes and just started a few plants in a 3x3 tent under a SF2000 light. Hopefully I can get some advice on whether these 2 plants look healthy?

Ive noticed what looks like mild discolouring / spots but I dont know if this is something to be concerned about.

The 2 plants are Royal Bluematic (RQS) and Dr Cheese (a freebie from Dr Rays Seeds) and they're both about 8 days old. Ive also got a couple of other plants the same age which look fine.

The Dr Cheese seems to have a twin sprouting. Im guessing i should remove this sooner than later and possibly repot it?

Im using GH nutrients Micro/Gro/Bloom (0.33/0.16/0.16 ml/ltr) and also calmag (1.32 ml/ltr) and Rhizo (1.58 ml/ltr) every other day, with plain Phed Water in between. Light about 26" above. Temps are regulated around 26c daytime & 19c night. Humidity is always between 50-65 RH. Plenty of ventilation.

The medium is ecothrive coco (70/30) and they were germinated in RootIts.

Dr Cheese

9-5-DR-CHEESE-b.jpg

9-5-DR-CHEESE-a.jpg

Royal Bluematic

9-5-BLUEMATIC-b.jpg

9-5-BLUEMATIC-a.jpg

Edited by Seraphim840
image url editing

Looks to me like it might be the early stages of bug damage....check for critters on the underside of the leaves using a loupe or magnifying glass...

Edited by Billy2Hats

46 minutes ago, Billy2Hats said:

Looks to me like it might be the early stages of bug damage....check for critters on the underside of the leaves using a loupe or magnifying glass...

Thanks for the heads up.

I just had a look under the leaves with a magnifying glass and there was nothing at all, which is good. Still curious about what else it could be though. The other 2 plants are right next to these 2 and look fine.

NL

9-5-NORTHEN-LIGHTS-b.jpg

AMNESIA HAZE

9-5-AMNESIA-HAZE-b.jpg

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Seraphim840 said:

if this is something to be concerned about.

Could be  , i think you'd be wise to keep on eye on it. If it spreads to any of the other plants or you get/ notice more weird symptoms then a rethink on the situation would be advised.

1 person likes this

It occurred to me that these markings might be minor burns from small water droplets magnifying the light. Is this a plausible explanation (i.e. could small burns look like this)? Keeping an eye on it and there doesn't seem to be any other issues atm.

8 Days since they sprouted.

NL

10-5-NORTHEN-LIGHTS-b.jpg
10-5-NORTHEN-LIGHTS-a.jpg

Dr Cheese
10-5-DR-CHEESE-b.jpg
10-5-DR-CHEESE-a.jpg

Bluematic
10-5-BLUEMATIC-b.jpg
10-5-BLUEMATIC-a.jpg

Amnesia Haze
10-5-AMNESIA-HAZE-b.jpg

10-5-AMNESIA-HAZE-a.jpg

Whats your temp and humidity? How you keep it constant? Do you?

12 minutes ago, britak said:

Whats your temp and humidity? How you keep it constant? Do you?

Daytime around 25-26 and night time around 19-20. The humidity is always 60-65 RH. I use an automatic thermostat and humidistat to regulate. You set the target temp/humidity and a differential. Once the temp / humidity falls below the target minus the differential it switches on a heater/humidifier. Once the target is reached it turns them off. You can link them up to fans to lower valvues but they tend to fall by themselves as theres an inline extractor working slowly to keep air moving (passive intake from a vent at the bottom of the tent).

The reason I asked is because my extraction shut off over night and we got similar issue with discolouration as if maybe your environment was not ideal or something but since that’s not the case perhaps we both overwatered them? Since I’ve made humidity back to balance the leaves started getting green colour from inside out.

12 minutes ago, britak said:

The reason I asked is because my extraction shut off over night and we got similar issue with discolouration as if maybe your environment was not ideal or something but since that’s not the case perhaps we both overwatered them? Since I’ve made humidity back to balance the leaves started getting green colour from inside out.

Yeah, I think I may have initially over-watered in the first few days. A bit of trial and error to get familiar with what they want. Ive dropped back to watering less frequently and less quantity. I was expecting coco to dry out quicker but its still a tiny bit damp after 2 day intervals (1 ply tissue pressed onto the top, checking for dampness). Thats probably a fair sign that watering was overdone.

They seem to be going fine apart from the few slight marks from earlier growth and these dont seem to be worsening or continuing on new growth.