Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dobba1988

Back after family life began!

Good Morning you beautiful people!!

So to cut a long story short ive stopped growing for a good few years now, house move, kids, new job just life in general!

When purchasing our new home one of my requests (demands) was that is was south facing for growing in a greenhouse. Ive got a lovely big yard with a 6x4 greenhouse set up which gets the sun from sunrise to sunset nearly. 

Now back then i was a total newb grower (£20) plastic greenhouse from BnM or something like that. 

Enough of the speal, i want to start growing again (itll be autos).

Since its been many moons since my last (failed) grows and was just after some recommendations. 

Ive got some Canna Terra and Mills Dna left over from a few year ago are they still a viable growing medium or are there more superior soils out there now? 

Ive also got some Jiffys left (somewhere) do growers still use them? Rockwool? straight to pot?

Airpots? fabric pots? standard plastic pots? 

I want these autos to take off with minimal handling. 

If any other greenhouse growers (preferably autos) would like to post there set up in the comments section i will be following and heeding there advice.   

Edited by Dobba1988
3 people like this

Best outdoor autos at the mo are real gorrila seeds, sweet seeds and mephisto seeds and dinafem. 

I don't fuck with all those liquid nutes tbh , build/cook some good healthy organic living soil and all you need is water and maybe a top dress (autos dont like lots of nutes), let the microbes and the fungi do the work for you. feel free to ask about how to go about this or have a look on here and youtube (no till/ living soil)  for more info. this year all i've done is stick some ecotrhive life cycle in my soil ((sylvagrow) (mix soil a week or 2 before planting in it)) adding mycorihhzal fungi when planting and will be feeding mollases and possibly some compost tea IF THEY SHOW ME THEY NEED IT. you can get a lot more involved with living soil and i suggest you do. 

Fabric pots or straight in the ground is best, the more root space the better after all. 

Autos are prone to root stress so most people either put the seed straight in the final container, or use a low stress method of transplanting. those jiffy cubes are perfect, you can start indoors under a light or on a sunny window sill as soon as roots show on the outside stick them into final pots. 

Check outs serpents thread its based on indoor but lots of tranferable info. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/272647-serpents-guide-to-growing-autos-in-soil/  also the autoflower network can have some useful info, just bear in mind a lot of them grow in much more favourable environments. 

Edited by MindSoup
cos i always do
3 people like this

Not to sure about the soil bit rgsc have the most reliable seeds but you can get some good ones just by subscribing to the site there is a few of the shd x bb someone's running that one I've got two.shd on garden looking pretty good mine are in normal soil tbh been out.for about two weeks now  to get a green house sorted soon goodlarge.IMG_20200428_203257.jpg good luck man hope u have a good harvest 

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Dobba1988 said:

Good Morning you beautiful people!!

So to cut a long story short ive stopped growing for a good few years now, house move, kids, new job just life in general!

When purchasing our new home one of my requests (demands) was that is was south facing for growing in a greenhouse. Ive got a lovely big yard with a 6x4 greenhouse set up which gets the sun from sunrise to sunset nearly. 

Now back then i was a total newb grower (£20) plastic greenhouse from BnM or something like that. 

Enough of the speal, i want to start growing again (itll be autos).

Since its been many moons since my last (failed) grows and was just after some recommendations. 

Ive got some Canna Terra and Mills Dna left over from a few year ago are they still a viable growing medium or are there more superior soils out there now? 

Ive also got some Jiffys left (somewhere) do growers still use them? Rockwool? straight to pot?

Airpots? fabric pots? standard plastic pots? 

I want these autos to take off with minimal handling. 

If any other greenhouse growers (preferably autos) would like to post there set up in the comments section i will be following and heeding there advice.   

There are probably fifty different ways to do this and they all work. I grow in a greenhouse/poly tunnel and this is my method:

Seedling pot - jiffy peat pot

Seedling medium - 33% vermiculite, 33% coco, 33% compost, 1% myco root fungi stuff

Main pot -10 litre fabric pot

Main pot compost - more compost, less other stuff

Feed - seaweed solution and some tomato feed

This is an auto I have now (Seedsman Pink Kush cbd) at about 25 days old.

large.FCCED861-DB2E-4803-BE79-ECE5BA2AC4EE.jpeglarge.077260B6-5F74-414A-BBF0-397747FB14A6.jpeglarge.ED906CDE-C795-4C2B-AD68-19D55920EFDC.jpeglarge.4A9E2681-9E53-4BC3-A7C1-B9620A20E289.jpeg

I aim to:

never disturb the roots (just drop jiffy pot straight in) and keep them at 22C ish (hence the oil rad picture)

always water from below

put them outside if it gets too hot in the poly tunnel/greenhouse

Top dress with home made compost - I have left room in there to do this when it starts to stretch

Thats it.

Pics of same plant finished last year

large.D105DEF9-599D-40D9-9FEA-FD5BA1D9C62D.jpeglarge.6C9CDF5C-22A6-4565-AEFC-C41761D602B1.jpeg

hope it helps

36 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

Best outdoor autos at the mo are real gorrila seeds, sweet seeds and mephisto seeds and dinafem. 

I don't fuck with all those liquid nutes tbh , build/cook some good healthy organic living soil and all you need is water and maybe a top dress (autos dont like lots of nutes), let the microbes and the fungi do the work for you. feel free to ask about how to go about this or have a look on here and youtube (no till/ living soil)  for more info. this year all i've done is stick some ecotrhive life cycle in my soil ((sylvagrow) (mix soil a week or 2 before planting in it)) adding mycorihhzal fungi when planting and will be feeding mollases and possibly some compost tea IF THEY SHOW ME THEY NEED IT. you can get a lot more involved with living soil and i suggest you do. 

Fabric pots or straight in the ground is best, the more root space the better after all. 

Autos are prone to root stress so most people either put the seed straight in the final container, or use a low stress method of transplanting. those jiffy cubes are perfect, you can start indoors under a light or on a sunny window sill as soon as roots show on the outside stick them into final pots. 

Check outs serpents thread its based on indoor but lots of tranferable info. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/272647-serpents-guide-to-growing-autos-in-soil/  also the autoflower network can have some useful info, just bear in mind a lot of them grow in much more favourable environments. 

Great info mate, i was looking more into straight out of the bag soil/coco if possible. Still working 50-60 hour weeks (key worker) so im not getting enough time as id like to be there for them. 

Ive got chillis and peppers in jiffys atm and there flying so im happy to try a few auto's in there and see what happens. Will check out your recommend brands. Who do you purchase from? i always used attitude seed bank in the past.

Thanks again for your response. 

19 minutes ago, Oliffe said:

There are probably fifty different ways to do this and they all work. I grow in a greenhouse/poly tunnel and this is my method:

Seedling pot - jiffy peat pot

Seedling medium - 33% vermiculite, 33% coco, 33% compost, 1% myco root fungi stuff

Main pot -10 litre fabric pot

Main pot compost - more compost, less other stuff

Feed - seaweed solution and some tomato feed

This is an auto I have now (Seedsman Pink Kush cbd) at about 25 days old.

large.FCCED861-DB2E-4803-BE79-ECE5BA2AC4EE.jpeglarge.077260B6-5F74-414A-BBF0-397747FB14A6.jpeglarge.ED906CDE-C795-4C2B-AD68-19D55920EFDC.jpeglarge.4A9E2681-9E53-4BC3-A7C1-B9620A20E289.jpeg

I aim to:

never disturb the roots (just drop jiffy pot straight in) and keep them at 22C ish (hence the oil rad picture)

always water from below

put them outside if it gets too hot in the poly tunnel/greenhouse

Top dress with home made compost - I have left room in there to do this when it starts to stretch

Thats it.

Pics of same plant finished last year

large.D105DEF9-599D-40D9-9FEA-FD5BA1D9C62D.jpeglarge.6C9CDF5C-22A6-4565-AEFC-C41761D602B1.jpeg

hope it helps

great info on the soil composition mate. And some stunning grows! 

i was kind of hoping for something straight out of the bag soil/coco wise. Im working 50/60 hour weeks atm so just something i can order online and throw in a pot? Ive got a few old airpots and some fabric pots on the way so ill use them to grow with i think. 

Thanks for all your help marra!  

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, Ccs141 said:

Not to sure about the soil bit rgsc have the most reliable seeds but you can get some good ones just by subscribing to the site there is a few of the shd x bb someone's running that one I've got two.shd on garden looking pretty good mine are in normal soil tbh been out.for about two weeks now  to get a green house sorted soon goodlarge.IMG_20200428_203257.jpg good luck man hope u have a good harvest 

Looking good fella. Thanks for the info. Really appreciated 

1 person likes this