Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Well with the summer fast approaching I thought I’d use up some of my seeds that I’ve had in the fridge for a while I don’t like doing autos indoors I like the photoperiods as I scrog in rdwc. 
I’ve gone with the following 

World of seeds-Afghan Kush Ryder 

G-13 labs-fro-yo 

humbolt seeds Org - Fast Flowering OGKZ 
Delicious seeds-Northen light blue 

Exotic seeds-Green gummy.  
I had a few others but see which of these beans pop up if any fail then I will add some more. 
I soaked them in water for 24 hours and today put them into root riot cubes. fingers crossed they all come up, not sure what size pots to put them into probably go with 15litres which they will go straight into from the cubes. I’ll be feeding them with plant magic oldtimer nutrients. 
here they are waiting patiently 

large.8A67502A-3CAC-4453-97D0-4290987DAC3B.jpeglarge.787EC040-66EF-4572-9833-EDAE9A4AAA48.jpeg

peace. :bong:

3 people like this

Nice! Good luck with the grow. Fingers crossed for some good weather 

It’s been 12 weeks since plugging these beans up sorry for not updating at all during there journey I forgot about the thread to be honest. 
Ended up in 11litre pots which I regret as they need watering everyday pain in the arse defiantly got bigger next season. Also I couldn’t get hold of old timer plant magic range so had to go with bio bizz but seems to be doing the trick. 
They have been doing great in the weather we’ve had over the last few months I did lose the auto northern lights blue. All The other autos are all well into flower 

here’s the 

green gummy 

fro-yo

afghan Kush Ryder 

all smelling really nice and look like they are packing on the size happy with the progress all they’ve been fed it bio bizz grow/bloom @ 4ml per litre and still getting some yellowing of leaves and look hungry but I think a few more weeks and they will be ready for chop. 

large.06A6624C-2B21-4CC5-9C8F-5E0E6009F40B.jpeglarge.45744AB8-C89C-418C-B326-094314A17F7A.jpeglarge.F04C02BE-124F-42DB-9764-55A05600886C.jpeglarge.1437F00C-B1A0-43E8-BD68-F3F96DD2AA1A.jpeg

The fast flowering OGKZ is still growing she’s getting big and is twice the size of these autos she’s gonna be over the fence soon. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Auto gorilla said:

It’s been 12 weeks since plugging these beans up sorry for not updating at all during there journey I forgot about the thread to be honest. 
Ended up in 11litre pots which I regret as they need watering everyday pain in the arse defiantly got bigger next season. Also I couldn’t get hold of old timer plant magic range so had to go with bio bizz but seems to be doing the trick. 
They have been doing great in the weather we’ve had over the last few months I did lose the auto northern lights blue. All The other autos are all well into flower 

here’s the 

green gummy 

fro-yo

afghan Kush Ryder 

all smelling really nice and look like they are packing on the size happy with the progress all they’ve been fed it bio bizz grow/bloom @ 4ml per litre and still getting some yellowing of leaves and look hungry but I think a few more weeks and they will be ready for chop. 

The fast flowering OGKZ is still growing she’s getting big and is twice the size of these autos she’s gonna be over the fence soon. 

Last year I grew autos in 6 gallon self watering pots. So these pots had a tube that you could water into a sump at the bottom of the pot and incorporated an overflow. I'm not for a moment suggesting planting straight into a pot that size as I don't believe in putting seedlings into stonking great pots but as a final size I thought they were about right for a garden grow. I was a bit concerned that the soil might end up saturated but that didn't happen. When harvested the roots had used the pots but had not completely stuffed them and they had put their roots down into the sump to help themselves.  Also I was away for a week and they were fine. Anyway your girls look great - looking at a decent harvest there I would say. 

2 people like this

@Stuart96 sounds great and would defiantly take some of the constant watering out of the equation. If these were photo periods then they would have been potted up but from what I understand with the autos it’s best to get them straight into final pots and let them go from there. But I defiantly think outdoors that 11litres are far to small. Cheers hopefully they do well the afghan bud structure is looking very odd I’ll get a better picture tomorrow but very wispy compared to the others. 

Here’s a picture of the 2 girls that are still vegging away with no sign of flowering yet. The taller on the right is fast flowering OGKZ bit worried she’s gonna be root bound in the little 11litre so might pot her up into something much bigger but if she has a growth spurt then hight is gonna be a issue as she’ll be over the fence soon or maybe I could top her and take off a reasonable amount from the top say a foot or 2?m, What’s people’s thoughts would it be to stressful taking that much off? 

The second shorter plant is a slurricane cut that I got a few months ago she was bound for indoors but didn’t have a great start in life and was on deaths door. So I thought why not stick her outside see if she makes it and well she did and she’s thriving. I’ve been doing some lst With her and it seems to be working well just not sure she will flower in time in the great British weather. Ill see how she gets on but I’ll repot her at the same time thinking to get 50litre bag of soil and spilt it between the two so they will be in 36litre pots for the rest of there life’s.

I did have a idea to let the slurricane veg outdoors and then bring her in to finish under hps just throw a net over her to stop the stretch and scrog away. That way I won’t end up losing loads to the dreaded mould. 
large.4B52AD42-6070-4DE6-A7FC-33CE250F2291.jpeg

:yep:

I have topped Sativa dominant auto strains without problem. Personally I wouldn't risk doing it with Indica dominant auto strains based purely on conventional wisdom having never tried it myself.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Stuart96 said:

I have topped Sativa dominant auto strains without problem. Personally I wouldn't risk doing it with Indica dominant auto strains based purely on conventional wisdom having never tried it myself.

I’m not sure that the OGKZ is fully auto flowering plant as it just says fast flowering whatever that means lollollol its not showing signs of flowering yet defiantly showing sex though. And the little bushy slurricane is a normal photo period so I’m just training her as much as possible she’s staying squat so far. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Auto gorilla said:

I’m not sure that the OGKZ is fully auto flowering plant as it just says fast flowering whatever that means lollollol its not showing signs of flowering yet defiantly showing sex though. And the little bushy slurricane is a normal photo period so I’m just training her as much as possible she’s staying squat so far. 

Fast flowering means that they crossed it with an x-generation autoflower (og kush in this case) and bred the autoflowering traits out to the point where it’s just flowering earlier than a regular photoperiodic cultivar.

I‘m not sure if it still qualifies a semi/super auto :yep:

Edited by Renard
1 person likes this

Cheers @Renard she’s still not showing any signs of flowering yet think she’ll be a late finisher in the U.K. climate but I will update this when I see she’s is flowering. I had to top her due to height she was about to pop her head over the fence so it had to be done.
large.09AE4F18-EB0A-461B-9BF8-903B79FADDC2.jpeg

here she is with a buttery fly stopping by on her.  

1 person likes this

On 04/07/2020 at 4:45 PM, Stuart96 said:

Last year I grew autos in 6 gallon self watering pots. So these pots had a tube that you could water into a sump at the bottom of the pot and incorporated an overflow. I'm not for a moment suggesting planting straight into a pot that size as I don't believe in putting seedlings into stonking great pots but as a final size I thought they were about right for a garden grow. I was a bit concerned that the soil might end up saturated but that didn't happen. When harvested the roots had used the pots but had not completely stuffed them and they had put their roots down into the sump to help themselves.  Also I was away for a week and they were fine. Anyway your girls look great - looking at a decent harvest there I would say. 

There is an interesting thread

with useful pictures by Inapond13. Another self-watering system which could be the solution.