Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Foghorn J. Leghorn

Looking For Recommendations On Strains

29 posts in this topic

Evening guys.

Been chatting with the missus tonight and we in in the market for some new strains. Primary focus is medicinal. We have grown a lot and smoked a lot over the years. Pain relief & sleep being the main priorities. We love our Indicas too.

Recently our grows have consisted of Ugorg Blues, Killer Skunk, Psycho Sister, Ugorg #1, The Kali (Big Buddha), Jack Herer (Sensi). What is a strain that has surprised you? Anything fresh or newly released out there? Maybe a really strong Sativa?

Thanks for reading :bong:

One I've always wanted to try but never got round to was C99.. Only hear amazing things

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed

10 minutes ago, Punk#1 said:

One I've always wanted to try but never got round to was C99.. Only hear amazing things

We haven't grown that since the days of Brothers Grimm, probably over 20 years ago now... 

I though all seed was depleted?

30 minutes ago, Foghorn J. Leghorn said:

We haven't grown that since the days of Brothers Grimm, probably over 20 years ago now... 

I though all seed was depleted?

shameless plug lol

I also have FDM Cinderella 88  and African Queen (Durban x C99) ready to list :yep:

14 people like this

Bloody hell Joolz, how am I supposed to choose just one?! :rofl:

I can see at least four I would want from the shop. Cinderella 99, ESB, Generals Daughter and Sweet Tooth 4.

Have you grown FDM's C88? If you have what was it like?

1 person likes this

Anymore for anymore?

@Foghorn J. Leghorn - you might like to investigate some of the strains from Mass Medical.

Their Star Pupil is a Thai/Afghan cross - tested at 20% - but I hear it's very potent.

I have some of their Prayer Pupil on the go just now - Star Pupil x Prayer Tower (Bodhi).

Tested at 33% - I know some members will be rolling their eyes at the test results but I

reckon these guys are genuine. This Prayer Pupil is apparently very potent also - well I hope

so. We shall see.

Also have some of the Romulan - (Thai x Mexican x Colombian x Afghani) - from Ace seeds on the go.

Also extremely potent, apparently .

If you can find it also consider the Colombian Haze from Antenna seeds. That's Bodhi's Soar x Antenna's Hash plant.

Just obtained some of these seeds. It's meant to be very potent with a happy soaring high. Looking forward to that one too.

As you can surmise I don't have any personal experience of the above - but soon will have

Just suggestions - good luck !

@highdihigh2 Thanks very much, I'll take a look at those now.

Romulan isn't one we have done for a quite while either, I add it to the list. 

1 person likes this

ugorg noname, lovely smoke when taken to 65 days and a excellent yielder, currently my and my friends favourite smoke

My uncle had cancer which was terminal, he swore by Hindu Kush and other land racey strains for his medicinal uses. I’ve used oils from Hindu, Afghan Kush and AK-47 which were homemade by my health fanatic auntie and they were very relaxing and the skin tinctures etc she made with the byproduct were great. 

In my experience the more natural strains have always been better to me for medicinal purposes, the crazier hybrids are for when I want to get really stoned. Also smoking Hindu Kush after a very long break when I was a bit younger I was hallucinating quite a bit, it is quite strong so watch how much you use if you don’t smoke regularly. 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, ratdog said:

ugorg noname, lovely smoke when taken to 65 days and a excellent yielder, currently my and my friends favourite smoke

Thanks for the recommendation. It's one to try again for sure but we are looking to try something completely new to us. Something that we hadn't considered or tried before. Something out of the box for want of a better terminology.

1 hour ago, roywin said:

My uncle had cancer which was terminal, he swore by Hindu Kush and other land racey strains for his medicinal uses. I’ve used oils from Hindu, Afghan Kush and AK-47 which were homemade by my health fanatic auntie and they were very relaxing and the skin tinctures etc she made with the byproduct were great. 

In my experience the more natural strains have always been better to me for medicinal purposes, the crazier hybrids are for when I want to get really stoned. Also smoking Hindu Kush after a very long break when I was a bit younger I was hallucinating quite a bit, it is quite strong so watch how much you use if you don’t smoke regularly. 

Thank you for the pointer, was it Sensi? We do like a Kush and haven't done any landrace strains for a while so maybe that is something we need to investigate and dabble with a little more.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Foghorn J. Leghorn said:

Thank you for the pointer, was it Sensi? We do like a Kush and haven't done any landrace strains for a while so maybe that is something we need to investigate and dabble with a little more.

No worries mate! I'm 90% sure it was Sensi but it's been quite some time since I've grown anything like that. I'm planning on growing some outdoors this year as they did extremely well for me outdoors in around 2014/15. Went from April - Early October and produced thick buds perfect if you're planning on making medical stuff, perfect for hash but also a nice smoke too but as I said very deep and relaxing strain, more of a night time one for me.

EDIT: Just wanna throw in a bit extra, this is probably one of the best strains I've ever smoked. I was smoking this long before the 'flavours' and 'cali' hype came kicking over, and I've tried a lot of the strong stuff but this strain really did it for me after a long layoff it gave me everything I wanted for my 'return'. A lot of people say these kind of strains are known for producing visuals and the latter if you smoke enough or not very often, I definitely had visuals when I first tried it but I'm somewhat of a lightweight after a t-break!

Edited by roywin

10 hours ago, Foghorn J. Leghorn said:

but we are looking to try something completely new to us.

you said maybe a really strong sativa, noname is mostly sat and is really strong lol

1 person likes this

On 3/9/2020 at 9:53 AM, ratdog said:

you said maybe a really strong sativa, noname is mostly sat and is really strong lol

I know it's a goodie but wondered if there was anything else in a decent strong Sat that we might not have considered. Ideally something newly released as I find it's more difficult to think out of the box when you have something you enjoy.

Not afraid to try something that isn't UGORG either :skin_up:

Edited by Foghorn J. Leghorn