Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Auto gorilla

Which size parabolic?

28 posts in this topic

Afternoon all

Just after some information regarding the secret Jardin daisy parabolic shades, I’m currently using a adjustawing in my 1x1x2 budbox pro but thought I would upgrade everything to make environment as best a possible. 

Ive seen they do three sizes 60cm,80cm,100cm all from what I can see will take a 600watt bulb. I’m guessing the 100cm will be to big for my space with the negotiable pressure so have written that off. 

I don’t want to waste money in the 60cm if the 80cm will be much better for my space. Does anyone run these shades in my size tent? Would appreciate any information in people’s experiences. 

Thanks in advance. :bong:

1 person likes this

Not in your size but I have just recently become the owner of the 60cm version.

The stuff they use to line the shade is very bright, it's really quick to put up and incredibly light in weight.

large.20190828_161415-1328x747.jpg

I had a few creases on first assembly but you just pull the velcro tags and fold a bit more and the material pulls tighter to the metal spindles that act as the umbrella. Great design.

2 people like this

I would say to answer your question the 80cm shade would be fine for your space I wouldn't go any smaller as the 60cm is quite focused.

2 people like this

@Exhale thanks for the reply it looks good up and running. 

What size space are you using the 60cm unit in,And what wattage bulb are you running?

ive looked high and low at shops they all stock the 60 or 100. 80cm version i can only seem to find it the big E auction site and not too sure about ordering grow gear to my house would rather go and collect it. 

1 person likes this

Hi @Auto gorilla the space I'm in is 80cm(w) x 80cm(d) x 160cm(h)

At the moment I'm using a 250w HPS trying to beat 8oz from a wide horizontal shade (sun-king great 8) supposed to be 95% reflective german aluminium or whatever the hammer finished stuff, this thing is way brighter.

1 person likes this

Secret Jardin recommends the 80cm for 1m grow areas. Ive got the cmh version and have the sodium version coming.

Edited by catweazle1
2 people like this

3 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

Secret Jardin recommends the 80cm for 1m grow areas.

Thanks I’ll have to order one then by the looks of it 

1 person likes this

@Exhalesounds perfect for your size then I think it would be abit small in mine will defo go for the 80cm. Your very close to gpw I think you should be able to smash your pb good luck :toldya:

1 person likes this

Just now, Auto gorilla said:

Thanks I’ll have to order one then by the looks of it 

Yeah, I like it. Being plastic and holding the bulb vertical, it doesn't retain and radiate heat back into the canopy as much as a metal one and assembly and disassembly is a doddle. Practice will get the shade with minimal creasing.

3 people like this

@catweazle1 where did you manage to find the CMH version?

@catweazle1sounds perfect for smaller grow areas,I’ve only ever used adjustwings which have been great. But I’ve been replacing some of my equipment and thought Time for a new reflector and from what Reviews I’ve seen they look like good bit of kit. Did you get yours from a shop or by ordering it? 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Exhale said:

@catweazle1 where did you manage to find the CMH version?

I can't find the order in my email but here's one: https://hytechydroponics.com/DAISY-80CM-SECRET-JARDIN You can also get a ceramic cdm-to-E40 screw adapter that will screw into a hps fitting Daisy or other reflector if you want to use both HPS and cmh at any point.: https://www.onestopgrowshop.co.uk/products/e40-to-cdm-converter-adapter It's cheaper on fleabay though. I don't think the site likes links to there.

1 hour ago, Auto gorilla said:

@catweazle1sounds perfect for smaller grow areas,I’ve only ever used adjustwings which have been great. But I’ve been replacing some of my equipment and thought Time for a new reflector and from what Reviews I’ve seen they look like good bit of kit. Did you get yours from a shop or by ordering it? 

I ordered the HPS version from here: https://hydroponics4less.co.uk/collections/all/products/secret-jardin-daisy-grow-light-tent-parabolic-reflector-60cm-100cm-hydroponics?_pos=1&_sid=6ef71fd02&_ss=r  Go to the link in my post to exhale for the cmh/cdm version

Here's their assembly video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFs6kFiTmCU&feature=youtu.be

Their range and applications. Note that there is an Daisy 80cm HPS version not in the list below.:

Daisy-Reflector.png

Edited by catweazle1
3 people like this

@catweazle1cheers for the info bud I’ve ordered the 80cm unit this morning 

2 people like this

Thanks for the info here. Very handy to know the 80cm is recommended for the CMH 315w.

One bonus, if you put the shade away it can be folded back up and is easy to stash.

1 person likes this

34 minutes ago, MyDisplayName2000 said:

Thanks for the info here. Very handy to know the 80cm is recommended for the CMH 315w.

One bonus, if you put the shade away it can be folded back up and is easy to stash.

Yeah a metal one would be PITA to set down if you were in a hurry. I got a 1m metal one first and it felt too obtrusive and cumbersome.

2 people like this