Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

smokey J

First auto grow advice on number of plants!!

37 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, highlo said:

you may want to have a look at the lowryder strains,

2010 called and wants there autos back.:rofl::clown:

@smokey J

You can do better then A lowryder in 2019 IMO and i grow auto's and have been for last few years.

Check out Dinafem, Mephisto Genetics

others like Dutch passion, and Sweet seeds if you havnt already for autos my preferred is meph they have a sale on at the moment.

if you want a short plant learn to train, as in LST low stress training then you can grow what you want.

Give @blackpoolbouncer diary a read and by the end of it you should know how to get the best out of autos. :thumsup:

i have 4 autos in tent with just one 315w LEC , I will soon move 2 of them into another tent as they are going into flower, as its the light power that dictates yield and not how many plants or what size pots you use all else being equal as in no major fucks ups on your behalf.

the light bit explained here in this thread rather well.

hope this helps.

i would use 11-15 ltr pots x 2 if your doing an XXL under 1 300w LED, If you do SCROG think about how your Going o get access to water them.

1 person likes this

@BarrySHitPeas that was a bit selective only quoting that part, I also did say there are better autos out there but for an easy, short height, fast finishing plant for a second grow I'd still say lowryder is a good bet, not to discredit the op but if its only his second grow I'd imagine he would want something simple rather than having to learn how to lst, if he wants to then he could have a play with one and keep the others straightforward but I've grew autos that have turned into 4ft plus bushes so not a great situation with 80cm head height, I'd agree with you on checking through Blackpool bouncers threads, that man really is a genius and I've learned a lot from his diary, it may be 2019 but old methods along with old strains still have their place, I still stick a lowryder in my tent now and then while my photo plants are vegging, it's harvest is 9 weeks from seed and I can get some smoke while I wait for the rest to flower, helps me to stay patient

2 people like this

You'll be able to grow some more recent autos in there as long as you control the stretch.  I do this by removing some of the main branches from underneath once they're no longer getting any light.  Keep the lights as close as you dare and don't let the plants overlap.

I saw a great idea on another thread where someone was growing in a short space.  There were two grow lights angled down and sloping in.  As you have so much horizontal to play with, they can simply be moved outward if things get a bit wild in there.

Edited by JJJ
1 person likes this

@highlo

It's was clearly in a joking way ,didn't mean to cause offence , of coarse it's all personal choice, if you like lowryders then that's great. everyone has different goals aims when growing.:yinyang:

2 people like this

@BarrySHitPeas sorry man I never got the joke, yesterday was a long day for me, no offence taken :smokin:

2 people like this

Google Dwarf autos , theres loads on there .

20 hours ago, JJJ said:

You'll be able to grow some more recent autos in there as long as you control the stretch.  I do this by removing some of the main branches from underneath once they're no longer getting any light.  Keep the lights as close as you dare and don't let the plants overlap.

I saw a great idea on another thread where someone was growing in a short space.  There were two grow lights angled down and sloping in.  As you have so much horizontal to play with, they can simply be moved outward if things get a bit wild in there.

I actually thought about positioning the light/lights on an angle makes sense for a smaller area. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get the shovel out tomorrow and dig the space out another 15-20cm give me a bit more head room. 

4 people like this

On 21/03/2019 at 7:03 PM, smokey J said:

nice one thanks, If i have time and the energy im going to try and dig my area down another 15-20cm if not ill give the moby dick xxl from dinafem a go as ive got the seeds and see how big they get and possibly scrog them if they look like they are going to get too close to the light. Next time around ill get some shorter plants!!

Moby Dick is supposed to be a tall plant, exactly what you don’t want by the sound of it. And the lowryders are supposedly crap (sorry highlo). As already said there are so many others to choose from, shortest I’ve grown so far were Fastberry by FastBuds, only grew to about  60cm but gave me between 30 and 50g of fruity and seriously purple bud. 

21 minutes ago, Reflektor said:

Moby Dick is supposed to be a tall plant, exactly what you don’t want by the sound of it. And the lowryders are supposedly crap (sorry highlo). As already said there are so many others to choose from, shortest I’ve grown so far were Fastberry by FastBuds, only grew to about  60cm but gave me between 30 and 50g of fruity and seriously purple bud. 

Now iv got the seeds I think I'll give them a go with some LST keep them as low as I can! Next round I'll get something a bit shorter if it causes me problems. Going to have a look at the fast berry.

1 person likes this

So a long Sunday with a shovel and I now have an extra 30cm head room, from the top of the pot to the light I've got 120 cm so I can have a 90 cm plant without getting crazy close to the light. Thanks for all the info as I probably would have just left it as it was think the extra 30cm height will make a good bit pod difference.

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, smokey J said:

So a long Sunday with a shovel and I now have an extra 30cm head room, from the top of the pot to the light I've got 120 cm so I can have a 90 cm plant without getting crazy close to the light. Thanks for all the info as I probably would have just left it as it was think the extra 30cm height will make a good bit pod difference.

Well done mate.  That should make life a bit easier for you.  You could check out Dutch Passion Starryder - good yields and nice weed - around 50-70cm.

1 person likes this

Also what's people's thoughts on adding a cheaper LED from amazon to top up the available light? I was thinking of possibly adding 1 or 2 in time on an angle as @JJJ mentioned. Just a thought.

Also what's people's thoughts on adding a cheaper LED from amazon to top up the available light? I was thinking of possibly adding 1 or 2 in time on an angle as @JJJ mentioned. Just a thought.

17 minutes ago, smokey J said:

I'd avoid the cheaper LEDs.  If you're going to add lights, shop around for some quantum kits or strips.  They seem to provide far more usable light.

1 person likes this

On 19/03/2019 at 4:53 PM, smokey J said:

what light have you got? and how many plants do you grow just the 1? Ive seen guys get decent yields of from 2 autos with a less powerful light.

Make sure to check the actual watts of any LED you buy. I got the ViparSpectra TC 1200W which puts out around 530 actual watts at the wall. That is for my 150 x 150 x 200 tent. It gives me 22.4W per square foot. Thats a bit low and ideally I would be at around 35w per square foot. Hope this helps.