Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ledgrowlights-Adam

The random led question thread.

894 posts in this topic

@Dr Krepituzyou won't be disappointed on how they perform!! 

Get dairy going of your build buddy and all will chip in with ideas and improvements. I'd make sure to isualate, clean the space, set your tent and then fan. I'd leave the Led fitting until last so you dont break a strip/ led is most fiddly bit. 

Looking forward to seeing it.

Edited by growinggold
3 people like this

Looking forward to seeing the SCOPEX advanced. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

Yeah I'll deffo get a build diary going from clearing the area, to laying the foundation to final light switch on.....I have been let down by a couple of people who were due to sort out the base. Nobody wants small jobs of a day or two and the lockdowns have meant it's stop start with things, it also need to stop fucking raining and snowing for a bit. I'm hoping my 'light switch on' won't be just on the Christmas Tree in 11 months time :)  

3 people like this

Hi all, I’ve posted similar to this elsewhere but this is the correct thread for me by the look of it. I’ve been cropping for 10 years but now I need to switch from hps/mh to LED. So I have hammered some led research. My space is 2x4ft which I’ve used a 250hps in before but now tent height has dropped to 140cm. Quantum boards seem to be the best option from my research and I was thinking 2 x viparspectra p1500/xs1500?

Also interested in any info on diy quantum boards. 

So which led seems like my best option here to maximise light and yield?

Some/any help here guys would truly be appreciated. 

1 person likes this

@Blueberet Hi, 250w hps isnt very much, you could run a 400w hps in your area. 

You could either add a 100/150w LED to your 250w hps or replace it fully with 2x PAR+140 PRO.

Edited by diyleduk
5 people like this

Cheers guys, are the viparspectras sh*te then? I could of got away with 400w hps but that would of required more airflow and noise IMO. Same problem now with 140 height and a 250 hps I’d say. Led being so much cooler will be able to utilise my height better and again less noise from fans. And I’ve now moved into the attic. 

3 people like this

@Blueberet each section is 4.5ft x 2.5ft 320 max on the lower and 280 watt max top shelf. Might give you an idea.

large.602027277e73b_SweetSeeds-MultiStrains-BottomLevelOfCabinet-UpskirtImage07-02-2021.jpg

large.601fdde8e58b0_MultiStrainMultiBreedersFullcabinetimage07-02-2021.jpg

7 people like this

Cheers for the input guys. I’ve decided I’m going to make one for my space using the quantum board strips. Inspired by the pics tokenroll they look great and this should be a good learning curve if I’m to take the LED route. 

1 person likes this