Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

unity

Advice / Discussion boost products

18 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So I'm just about to start a new grow / mummy hunt and my supplies are in need of restocking.  Previously I've used various boost products, and I've done OK.  My question is - would I have done just as OK if I save my money and not use any boost at all?  Maybe replace using boost with something organic like molasses?

What are peoples thoughts on using boosts, are they any good, can/do I get better or more ganga?  I've read a good few dairies on here from folks who've grown a lot longer than I, using minimal nutes & adds with awesum results.

I usually use these during a grow...do I need to or can I drop some?

If so, why or why not?

Base stuff

Rooting stuff

Enzyme stuff

PK stuff

Boost stuff

Silica stuff

Open for all thoughts, lets try and keep this as objective as we can where possible tho.

Edited by unity
forgot stuff..
1 person likes this

This has been discussed loads of times mate and not so long ago too

Owd

2 people like this

got a link to that post - i looked but couldn't see one.

I use a bit of root on young ones and never bother with all that other stuff. I've never seen it make much difference.

3 people like this

I just use A & B.

I've tried all the above and wasted £1000,s before I actually read up on it.

In a nutshell it's all bollocks.

Fishmix/grow and biobizz bloom has served me well over the years although I've recently started using Growers Ark bloom for soft water with good results.

Boosts and PM additives are imo a load of pants.

5 people like this

Cheers @Salty, I've only recently seen the growers ark range, am quite tempted to get one of their custom feeds made up.  My water here is hard and alkaline so would be good to know my base feed is at least going in right.

You don't use any other adds, root stim or otherwise?

No @unity mucker,not usually. Sometimes I give them a drop maxicrop seaweed extract but normally just grow n bloom.

2 people like this

@unity Fishmix, Bloom and some mycorrmax for the roots is all I use. I do use a bit of algamic as I like the smell of it and it does seem to make the leaves nice and shiny but it’s not essential.

I have found feeding Fishmix to the end keeping the leaves green and lush the buds will fatten up loads in the last few weeks without the need for boosters.

1 person likes this

@unity in my opinion you don't need all those boosters and stuff in compost grows, I don't know what way you grow but for me I just use grow, bloom and a little seaweed now and again. Having said that I do use some of that PM Biosilicon [3ml in 10l of water about 5 times through the grow] but that's only 'cos I've got a big bottle of it that needs using, once that's done i don't think I'll buy anymore. Seaweed is powerful stuff it's a booster in itself really, I only use that at each pot up and a couple times in flower. Hope that helps.

:smoke:

3 people like this

Cheers guys, does sound like I can drop out some of what I'm using.  I'll pick up some seaweed when I'm next in the local and see how I do with a minimal approach.

2 people like this

Canna Coco A/B, Liquid Seaweed, PK13/14, (Epson Salts, Calcium Nitrate.=Calmag) when needed.

Ionic 1 Part Grow and 1 Part Bloom when I use it

1 person likes this

Bit of Fish mix and a bit of Bloom if using bottled feeds thats all you need :) 

Get that environment dialed and the rest will pretty much fall into place :yep:

Farmer 

2 people like this

A&B and a root stim is pretty much all you need. Some beneficial bacteria and a hormone based flowering booster like Canna Boost or Vitalink Turbo would also go some way to benefiting your grow - theres more science behind those than a PK. But is it worth £50+ a litre?

1 person likes this

@FARMER G cheers fella, have seen quite a few mentions on here of fishmix. that's veg based food right?  Is that where you start with fish mix and then drop it down while adding in bloom?

@Golden Syrup I'm less concerned over the cost (crazy as they are) as to how little I can use while still growing decent ganga.  If adding a product to my crop can be beneficial (to me this implies better ganga, not more of it :) ) to it, I'm all for it regardless of cost.  How could I know tho whether a plant would benefit from receiving boost, or from a less is more approach?