Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lubdub

Strains for warm weather

Hi all,

I'll be starting an outdoor grow, south of the Mediterranean in a really nice, warm climate with loads of sunlight.

I currently have my eyes set on Cream Caramel Auto (Sweet Seeds) and Super Skunk Auto (Sensi Seeds).

How would these fair in warm weather, is it a good time to germ now?

Thanks! 

I don't know dude but have fun, I would love to live somewhere hot. 

Can you be a little bit more specific, like as to where you are growing...? If you are in north Africa, along the Mediterranean sea, pretty much any strain is going to do well for you. Especially autos, which will thrive with all that sunlight and heat, although they'll need to receive adequate water. If you're just doing autos, you can go for anything in theory. AutoBrooklyn Sunrise, White Widow XXL auto, Gorilla Glue auto and Jack 47 auto are some of the best. Don't bother with the Sensi Super Skunk, but that is just my opinion. 

If you're further inland in drier, hotter, desert areas - you'll want to select Kush's and Afghani plants that are adapted to growing in places with hot, dry summers. In terms of photoperiods, I would personally say to go with stuff like OG Kush, Tahoe OG Kush, Kosher Kush, Hindu Kush. These are all Indica dominant and good in hot, dry places. Tall Sativas on the other hand tend not to be well suited to your climate, and prefer milder, tropical, humid, more wetter weather. I would stick to Indica dominant strains and hybrids for your location, just make sure they get plenty of water. 

1 person likes this

I'd avoid anything from Sensi Seeds coz they sell expensive crap that doesn't germinate.

You have the perfect climate for some of the RSC strains...Lebanese, Sinai. I'm at Lat 37N and I've just popped a batch of their Lebanese...

https://therealseedcompany.com/products.php?product_id=12

Something else that would do well where you are...Maroc !!

https://www.femaleseeds.nl/en/p/maroc-309

I'm waiting for mine to be delivered and they'll be germinated the day they arrive. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, golf.007 said:

I don't know dude but have fun, I would love to live somewhere hot. 

Thanks! Yeh it should be a strong grow :cowboy: I'll set up some sort of small grow diary for fun.

2 hours ago, English Archer said:

Can you be a little bit more specific, like as to where you are growing...? If you are in north Africa, along the Mediterranean sea, pretty much any strain is going to do well for you. Especially autos, which will thrive with all that sunlight and heat, although they'll need to receive adequate water. If you're just doing autos, you can go for anything in theory. AutoBrooklyn Sunrise, White Widow XXL auto, Gorilla Glue auto and Jack 47 auto are some of the best. Don't bother with the Sensi Super Skunk, but that is just my opinion. 

If you're further inland in drier, hotter, desert areas - you'll want to select Kush's and Afghani plants that are adapted to growing in places with hot, dry summers. In terms of photoperiods, I would personally say to go with stuff like OG Kush, Tahoe OG Kush, Kosher Kush, Hindu Kush. These are all Indica dominant and good in hot, dry places. Tall Sativas on the other hand tend not to be well suited to your climate, and prefer milder, tropical, humid, more wetter weather. I would stick to Indica dominant strains and hybrids for your location, just make sure they get plenty of water. 

Loads of great info here. Thank you. Seeing as both you and Peregrine advise against Sensi Seeds, I'll take the advice. I've just grown out a Super Skunk before and it turned out a beaut. However given the information you've shared, I'm now leaning more towards OG Kush (perhaps I'm easily persuaded). Never grown it before, but know the smoke is top! Would Dinafem OG Kush Autos do? To answer your question, I'm on an island in the eastern Mediterranean. Very dry and hot come July/August. 

LD

1 person likes this

You seem to have your mind set on growing autos for whatever reason.

I popped 2 of Dinafem's OG Kush photoperiod fems at the start of April, both doing really well and I've heard their autos are pretty good so yes, a good choice.

I do think you're missing out on some great strains that would suit your climate perfectly.  

38 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

You seem to have your mind set on growing autos for whatever reason.

I popped 2 of Dinafem's OG Kush photoperiod fems at the start of April, both doing really well and I've heard their autos are pretty good so yes, a good choice.

I do think you're missing out on some great strains that would suit your climate perfectly.  

I've missed the germination period for non-autos. Plants won't survive in the rainy seasons of november/december and won't be ready before then. So it's autos this season. I've had really good results from autos in the past.

I'm still popping photoperiod seeds and they will all be ready at the back end of September or October.

You can start them off at the end of June and they'll still be ready. Plenty of daylight hours ensures they will have enough time to veg properly. 

1 person likes this

Whatever strains you chose i wish you all the best with your grow Lubdub.. I'm in the south of spain and i've grown sensi seeds NLxhaze in the past and turn out great plants. Some 12 year old left over seeds from back then i germinated along with other varieties to back up the old seeds just in case.

I guess my advice is.. depending on how many plants your growing, do a varied variety if possible. 

Good luck and happy hassle free grow