Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

VRG

ugorg
From the underground with love..

93 posts in this topic

Soon as I move into our newly purchased home, I'm setting my DB's off! Can't wait!

1 person likes this

I think I have 2 maybe 3 phenos. Has anyone got a count on nt on how many there are? I see two definite phenos. One with long leaf stems and another more stereotypical indica looking pheno. Still not sexed yet though. I only have one of the long stem lanky looking one so I hope it's a girl.

What's the most authentic cookies pheno in there guys and which is the best all rounder?

10 hours ago, Snowziff said:

I think I have 2 maybe 3 phenos. Has anyone got a count on nt on how many there are? I see two definite phenos. One with long leaf stems and another more stereotypical indica looking pheno. Still not sexed yet though. I only have one of the long stem lanky looking one so I hope it's a girl.

What's the most authentic cookies pheno in there guys and which is the best all rounder?

Think I have 2 slightly differing plants but also plant expressions can be environmentally affected. VRG and Vince Noir talked about the phenos in the disco biscuit thread .In The las few pages I think.

good luck dude!!

peace!

lil d.

Edited by lildaveham
1 person likes this

maybe this might help explain things.....the music in the background can really be a bother sometimes but the info is spot on....watch the others too

Edited by Owderb

Thanks for that @lois lane

I'll watch the rest of that video a lil later when I get a moment as it sounds interesting. I was specifically looking to find out how many phenotypes had been found in the Disco Biscuits so far though. Mainly to get a leg up on what I'm looking for. Not sure if they specifically go into that in the vid as I haven't had chance to watch the whole thing just yet.

I'll check the Disco Biscuits thread (there appear to be three including this one which a bit confusing) for Verge and Vince's comments too. :)

@Snowziff

the clip talks about phenos etc...to put it in short you can have various mixed phenos, but to be sure you have a 'clean' pheno of the quality you are looking for you would need to breed approximately 32 different plants of the same cultivar because of the plant's alleles.   

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed please use @function to avoid repetition

Ahhh, OK, so it would be unrealistic to say there are say 5 phenos as there could be variations on each pheno?

I'll watch the vid. :D Just need to get home. Not sure how I feel about this info though I must say. Bad news always comes at the wrong time doesn't it?! :D

@Snowziff phenotype is genotype x environment OR nature x nurture.

I could give you a clone for example and in your room it would express itself completely differently giving you a different phenotype from the exact same genotype.

You grow out the seeds, you make no assumptions and you smoke the flowers. You keep the one you like best, not the 'x pheno' or the 'y pheno' that someone told you about and you NEVER throw a plant out until you've sampled the flowers. Whats good for bob is not neccessarily good for you! :yep:

21 people like this

some strains like gfd turn out in flavor and smell the same by 5 different growers from what ive noticed .

its one of those strains that just do what she does no matter what you do .

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, VRG said:

@Snowziff phenotype is genotype x environment OR nature x nurture.

I could give you a clone for example and in your room it would express itself completely differently giving you a different phenotype from the exact same genotype.

You grow out the seeds, you make no assumptions and you smoke the flowers. You keep the one you like best, not the 'x pheno' or the 'y pheno' that someone told you about and you NEVER throw a plant out until you've sampled the flowers. Whats good for bob is not neccessarily good for you! :yep:

So does this mean I'm on a genotype hunt rather than a phenotype hunt?

Just to be clear btw, I would never throw a girl out before flowering.

Gotta be honest this info is quite frustrating because people, me included have shared what I believed was a pheno and it has expressed the same way i n multiple environments. I have seen strains come out differently under different circumstances don't get me wrong buy that was because  of extreme conditions and I'd expect most of them to have suffered the same problem under those conditions. So again I'm starting to wonder if my 'understanding' of the term phenotype actually pertains to a genotype. If so why do people even go on phenohunts.

The tall lanky one that's most akin to GSC or UGORG Cookies...is that a genotype?

Not saying you're wrong here btw. I'm just trying to rearrange my understanding of things where relevant. :)

Whenever I don't take cuts from a plant that is about to be flowered, the plant ends up amazing. :rofl:

3 people like this

29 minutes ago, KingBlueRizla said:

Whenever I don't take cuts from a plant that is about to be flowered, the plant ends up amazing. :rofl:

I'd never take cuts , just reveg and they'd all be amazing lol

:yinyang:

@Breezus:rofl::rofl::rofl: That could be a new strategy right there.

1 person likes this

@Snowziff no! A phenotype is the expression of the genotype(the genetic code within the seed) in your particular environment!

Nature x nurture is a fundamental rule of life, it applies to all living things.

This is why gentically identical twins can be seperated at birth and one grows up to be a 20 stone burger eating lazy bastard and the other one grows up to be an exceptionally fit 10 stone brain surgeon. They both have the exact same genetic code but like all living things are a product of their environment.

As a grower there are so many ways you can influence the finished product by nurture or in many cases lack of.

Ive seen people absolutly murder our varieties! To the point where the flowers have been completely un-recognisable from our own but they grew them from the exact same seeds we use ourselves. Top shelf weed can only be grown with love, there are no magic beans or potions! and every short cut you take will only deteriorate the quality of your finished product.

Hope that makes sense :yep:

16 people like this