Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Winston.Chill

Strain Picks for 2017 Please help

41 posts in this topic

After looking extensively through this forum for successful Uk outdoor strains and through my own research I have compiled a list of strains that look good to me . The ideal strain is one which is mold resistant (even though i know this can be unavoidable sometimes) and not too heavy buds as I will not be able to visit my plots too regularly . If any of you have any experience with the strains listed below any info would be much appreciated as to which I should stay clear of and which could be very useful in my circumstance .

I will be going for approximately 6 plots spread out over a latitude of 50-51 this year and would like to narrow down my strain choices to 3-4 so any info would really help me make the right choices .

1. Kaya Gold - Nirvana Seeds 

2. Northern Lights - Nirvana Seeds

3. Purple #1 - Dutch Passion

4. Blue Hash - Dinafem

5. Killer Kush - Sweet Seeds -

6. OG KUSH - Dinafem

7. Blackberry OG - Emerald Triangle

8. Diesel - Dinafem

9. Passion # 1 - Dutch Passion

Edited by Winston.Chill

I grew Dinafem's OG Kush last year (albeit only 1 plant) and it was really nice. It wasn't the earliest finisher by any means, but it seemed to have better than average mould resistance so it did fine with a mid-October harvest at lat 51. The high I'm finding is very very pleasant too. I'd definitely grow it again.

3 people like this

12 minutes ago, Black Venus said:

I grew Dinafem's OG Kush last year (albeit only 1 plant) and it was really nice. It wasn't the earliest finisher by any means, but it seemed to have better than average mould resistance so it did fine with a mid-October harvest at lat 51. The high I'm finding is very very pleasant too. I'd definitely grow it again.

That's great to hear :) Did you need to tend to it at all ?  and what was the yield like ?

ive grown a freebie dinafem og kush at 51 too.. i lucked out on flavour but apart from that it was ok.. 

prurple #1 fuck dat shit... seriously..

passion #1 good outdoor strain, strong smoke! not super tasty but you will get a harvest of strong weed

i did a blackberry og freebie... tasty :) good mould res... late... i did mine in the garden and wished id opted for it this year in the garden..

killer kush... at lat 51 its a gooden.. i think key is lat 53 and it did great for him too.... i enjoy the smoke very much... if i smoke one of them wile watching some its always sunny.... im laughing out loud like a mad man.. a smiley but sleepy smoke

3 people like this

serious 6 is well spoke of.... also lots are talking about red purps...

id keep killer kush on your list.. maybe passion 1... ive smoked some passion 1 in a stupid cocktail i did with all my strains in one joint.. but not smoked it on its own this year.. i could recap tonight and give you a smoke report..  but then im very ocd and need to smoke my kush and dont want it messing my stone.. sorry.. no report tonight

Edited by RandyBoBandy
5 people like this

2 minutes ago, RandyBoBandy said:

ive grown a freebie dinafem og kush at 51 too.. i lucked out on flavour but apart from that it was ok.. 

prurple #1 fuck dat shit... seriously..

passion #1 good outdoor strain, strong smoke! not super tasty but you will get a harvest of strong weed

i did a blackberry og freebie... tasty :) good mould res... late... i did mine in the garden and wished id opted for it this year in the garden..

killer kush... at lat 51 its a gooden.. i think key is lat 53 and it did great for him too.... i enjoy the smoke very much... if i smoke one of them wile watching some its always sunny.... im laughing out loud like a mad man.. a smiley but sleepy smoke

Excellent , thanks man . Laughing like a madman is a good look for sure , some day id like to find some of that laughing like a baby gear or first time smoking giggle weed so killer kush looks like a promising one for that :)

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, RandyBoBandy said:

serious 6 is well spoke of.... also lots are talking about red purps...

id keep killer kush on your list.. maybe passion 1... ive smoked some passion 1 in a stupid cocktail i did with all my strains in one joint.. but not smoked it on its own this year.. i could recap tonight and give you a smoke report..  but then im very ocd and need to smoke my kush and dont want it messing my stone.. sorry.. no report tonight

HAHAHA concentration is vital so do your thing ;) Out of the strains you mentioned did any of them have really heavy buds forcing the stems to bend or where they generally gravy?

nah your be all good.. plants ive grown with big fat heavy buds have been fine anway.. but the plants above will all be fine

going by other peoples comments... i would make serious 6 and killer kush in your list.... then go from there... have a read for another 2

Edited by RandyBoBandy
4 people like this

@Winston.Chill The OG Kush wasn't the highest yielder I had but it was plentiful enough. I didn't have to do much tending ... in fact I didn't water or feed any of my photoperiod plants after planting out, they didn't need it. The buds weren't especially large or heavy and I don't recall getting any split stems or any other problems.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Black Venus said:

@Winston.Chill The OG Kush wasn't the highest yielder I had but it was plentiful enough. I didn't have to do much tending ... in fact I didn't water or feed any of my photoperiod plants after planting out, they didn't need it. The buds weren't especially large or heavy and I don't recall getting any split stems or any other problems.

That's a relief to hear :) By interest which other successful strains did you go for last year ?

1 person likes this

I got superb results from all the Sweet Seeds strains I tried: Cream Caramel Fast Version, Sweet Special Fast Version, Ganesh Spirit and Crystal Candy. Ganesh Spirit and Sweet Special were exceptionally good but both have been dropped from their catalogue so may not be easy to get hold of now. Crystal Candy was a late finisher.

I grew a very late-sown Strawberry Amnesia from Dinafem and was very chuffed with the high, but it was grown in the greenhouse and heavily seeded so I can't really comment on how well it performs until I try it again in more 'normal' circumstances.

Forest Dream from Dutch Passion was an absolute beauty and very high yielding. It's a late finisher though so is somewhat at the mercy of autumn weather.

And Red Purps, a great favourite on this forum, is an early finisher with a nice high. I got mine in before the end of September.

All of them had some mould ... it's just a fact of life when growing outdoors in the UK ... so all you can do is be vigilant and try to check them more often when autumn approaches.

2 people like this

@Key4 Crystal Candy was harvested between 10th and the 21st October, so it was one of the later ones – definitely a couple of weeks behind the Fast Versions. Mould was about average – it had some, but nothing excessive. I didn't weigh the yield but it filled up a couple of medium sized Kilner jars. It was quite a potent one too – I'm working on a smoke report at the moment and will put it up on the Outdoor Strains thread when I've finished it.

This isn't a great photo but here's one of the drying buds. (I don't do a lot of trimming, as you can see.)

large.DSC_0345.jpg.60695eb6143a8ac37b525

5 people like this

Nirvana NL

Harvested October 

3oz potted

Shaded from mid afternoon 

Purple hue in cold 

Dam mighty fine for potency 

Flavour, bland

Nose,  floral with lemon 

4 people like this