Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hydelane

Bluelab Truncheon

Hi All

After some help/advice please.

Been using a Bluelab truncheon for a while now and the one i have now is just over 12 months old.

I always have looked after my kit and always checked this against calibration fluid and if reading low cleaned with Jif etc.

But today i tested in the calibration soulition (2.8E.C) and im getting a high reading of 3.4.......

Anyone know what to do if these read too high....????...

Thanks

@@Hydelane

On their site it says that calibration is not needed. But they do have a 5yr guarantee on them. So id send it back myself. :v: Just my 2p

Yeah my last one I got replaced after 3 years for the same kind of thing but normally these are of good reputation but this is only just over 12 months and used for 2 grows.....

Yeah my last one I got replaced after 3 years for the same kind of thing but normally these are of good reputation but this is only just over 12 months and used for 2 grows.....

Yeah might have to look at replacing, the website covers low readings by cleaning but nothing for high readings

@@Hydelane

A mate of mine had 1 break down after 3 months and had to get it replaced. Normally they are really reliable though. :v:

I think your only supposed to wash them in the cleaning fluid. As they measure EC in water I think certain things can disrupt their readout. And jif regardless of what folks say is quite heavy stuff, and as these types of instruments are calibrated to read such small reading it would only take a very tiny amount of the wrong substance to interfere with it.

I know there are various stories on-line about how to clean them up but there is a fluid Bluelab make and they recommend its the only thing to use.

Maybe nothings to do with it but I thought I would mention it.

GV.

1 person likes this

Thanks gv

But they do recommend jif on there instructions.....

1 person likes this

A rock wool cube works perfect, have you checked the batteries?

Coconut

I had one that was playing up & found that a change of batteries sorted it out

1 person likes this