Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:24 PM
Well, today i made some cannabutter.
Firstly, I got all the stuff together. That includes some noice noice weed that most of my friends would not beleive i turned into butter. Ahwell, i have loads left. Heh. Also some butter - i used Sainsburys. That's a 250g bar but i used 125g of it. Also got my trusty 'experiments pan'.
Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:26 PM
It took me longer to rub the hash of my fingers afterwards - that lot went in aswell.
Despite what the recipe on here says, this isn't frozen bud. But it is dry and it has been cured for about a month-ish.
Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:27 PM
so i boiled water in the pan. Firstly i got my Coffee plunger (Bodum, don't you know!) and measured water in there, half full.
When this boiled, i put the bud in and turned the heat down.
Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:31 PM
This is the butter i used. Half the bar is 125g. That's the frantic division over with. I broke it up with a knife and chucked it into the pan.
here is is melting away. Dum de dum. It starts to smell a bit - that weed / butter smell lets you know it's working!
Turned down the gas to low on the smallest burner, but i had to manouvre the pan to the edge of it - it was still too hot and boiled the mixture way too quickly. So with the lid slightly off and the pan precariously balanced, i left it for about 1h20.
I kept checking on it and added a bit of water here and there as needed.
Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:32 PM
Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:35 PM
You can see the seperate layer of water on the top of the butter.
Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:38 PM
After pouring that lot into the bowl that it will set in - i used a funnel lined with a Jiffy Cloth and coffee filter to squeeze out the extra butter.
After tipping it in, i wrapped it into a ball and squeezed. Be careful, it is hot. A lot came out and i pushed against the plastic funnel to make sure i had all the butter out. This left the plant matter quite dry - i binned it. I could have boiled it again and gone for the last little bit. But right now, this is the first time i've done it so it's just a bit of a test.
So this lot has gone into the fridge to set - tomorrow i will pour off the water, hopefully, from the top!
That's it. I suppose i can use it for just about anything.
Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:41 PM
Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:42 PM
I'm probably going to turn it into Chocolate!
That's another day though - i'll post it up when i'm done.
Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:04 PM
Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:32 PM
Let's just say, if i cupped both hands together then this lot would form a nice little mound in there - if you poured the weed in, then the mound shape would be the same as if you couldn't pour anymore on without it falling over the sides.
Sorry i can't be more specific.
I am looking at it in the fridge now and there's no water on top at all.
There was only a thin seam when it was done, so i presume it's kind of solidified into the butter as it set.
Ahwell, we'll see what happens!
Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:27 AM
I made canna chocolate last night.
I melted the chocolate and then went for the Cannabutter - i put the spoon into the top and it broke through - the liquid that hadn't set was underneath the butter that was!
Wrong way round, i thought.
The butter layer was about 10mm thick and light green, while the water was a darker colour.
I mixed it in anyway and the chocolate turned into a sort of truffle consistency. The glossy melty choc looked like moose. Or mousse, rather.
I'll take some pics of the choc and post it up when i've popped it out the mold. Or mould, rather.
Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:48 PM
Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:04 PM
You're taking the stone from the bud into the butter.
Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:27 PM
To recap, i took the butter from the fridge and mixed it into melted chocolate, then poured that into moulds.
When i added the butter, it turned into a truffle-like mixture, which is why it went from smooth liquidy glossy texture to a rougher type that didn't 'flow'.
Because of that, the bars i made had little gaps in them, no problem. But it doesn't look as good as it could.
I put crushed up Milky Bar Buttons in the bottom of the moulds and it sort of melted to give a marbled effect.
Here are the moulds.....
They are from The Home Chocolate Company. I hope J won't mind me posting the link up....
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users