• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lizard

Lizard

Chairman of the bored

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7306 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:37 PM

I'm just about to start using biobizz light mix for the first time and I've just got a couple of quick questions, I've done the search thing and couldn't find the specific info I was after.

so here goes:

1) should I use it right from the start with freshly rooted cuts and seedlings.

and if so

2) should I start using feed straight away, this isn't something I'd normally do but I know light mix doesn't contain much in the way of nutrients.

cheers for any info.

#2 SirBob

SirBob

Big, Green and Hairy. Any Ideas?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3603 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:17 PM

I'm just about to start using biobizz light mix for the first time and I've just got a couple of quick questions, I've done the search thing and couldn't find the specific info I was after.
so here goes:
1) should I use it right from the start with freshly rooted cuts and seedlings.

and if so

2) should I start using feed straight away, this isn't something I'd normally do but I know light mix doesn't contain much in the way of nutrients.
cheers for any info.

light mix is a compost mixture which is designed not to burn small plants, seedlings and cuttings.
I think you use it in the first pots of these small plants, then pot up when they are rooted into full strength compost. It should have enough nutrients for them until they need to be potted up, so feeding will be unnessasary and could easily burn them.

P.s. you can make light mix with regular all mix and some perlite, available from wilkinsons. :yinyang:

#3 Lizard

Lizard

Chairman of the bored

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7306 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

light mix is a compost mixture which is designed not to burn small plants, seedlings and cuttings.
I think you use it in the first pots of these small plants, then pot up when they are rooted into full strength compost. It should have enough nutrients for them until they need to be potted up, so feeding will be unnessasary and could easily burn them.

P.s. you can make light mix with regular all mix and some perlite, available from wilkinsons. :yinyang:

cheers :ninja:

according to biobizz you can use light mix for mature plants aswell, that was what I intended doing in order to have more control over the feeding .

#4 learningslowlee

learningslowlee

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:55 PM

cheers :wassnnme:
according to biobizz you can use light mix for mature plants aswell, that was what I intended doing in order to have more control over the feeding .

not got no info but just like to say that i am about 2 do the same with the light mix for the mature plants ,
ive only ever had 2 grops before both in allin mix pritty iffy but they are my first 2 just expertimenting

#5 Lizard

Lizard

Chairman of the bored

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7306 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:02 PM

There's a chart here with a biobizz nutrient schedule for growing in both all mix and light mix, hope this helps a little.

my seedlings and clones have all been very happy in the light mix so far.

Edited by Lizard, 14 August 2006 - 07:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users