- - - - -

Best Outdoor Varieties

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 _THE PUFFER_

_THE PUFFER_
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2001 - 06:15 PM

Blueberry is often only grown indoors, but surprisingly works best outdoors.
Indoor growers frequently complain of their plant not being blue enough.
This is due to temperature. As the plant get's colder outside during the budding process, the cooler temperature intensifies the blue "pigment" within the buds (Obviously the plant still needs to be kept within guideline temperatures).
Glorious blue buds of Blueberry are usually the outdoor grown ones.

:satisfied:

#2 farmer boy

farmer boy

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7427 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

lol thought i would bump this as it was the oldest post in the GG section lol

peace out farmer boy
get a bigger hammer!

#3 Bad Penny.

Bad Penny.

Corporate tosser ;-)

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11724 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

I have looked at a few of THE PUFFERS posts in the past and often wondered did he do the 500 plant grow he chatted about :unsure:
Victory is preparation.

#4 farmer boy

farmer boy

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7427 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

i quite like haveing a look through the older posts from time to time :yinyang:

peace out farmer boy
get a bigger hammer!

#5 bassryder

bassryder

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

How does DP blueberry fair in our climate. Does it finish before the mold sets in?

#6 _Green six_

_Green six_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

lol thought i would bump this as it was the oldest post in the GG section lol

peace out farmer boy

Quality find, thanks mate. +1

Edited by Green six, 10 January 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#7 junwei

junwei

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

after ast years disaster i have planned well on this years plot..but remianing with my last years remaining seeds of cali special= last one so unknown sex..

berry bomb= germed 4 & 3 remaining..and the last being 3 skunk#1s left so an early prep to get as much clones off out in the wild this year..and feel after last years disaster whereby they got stolen form the golf course was just a test to see if these would have grown outdoors in the uk but as you all well know they grew to a great height of 4ft+ each but came back form my travels to only realise they all got ripped and the ast remaining berry bomb remained short but started to flower at the end of august..but the berry bomb was the only strain to remain true to the description from the actual seedbank i.e height...yield was unknown as that got taken form my garden ,....

but by the looks of it .it would have easily exceeded the 1.5 oz mark.
but take note:: the berry bomb never finished and would have loved to see if the buds were to get purple ....and also it does not take nicely to topping and stuns the shit out of it for 1 week exact..

sadly i would like to apologise to all those that tried to help me but as i was so angry at some scenarios i could only blame my rash replies down to pure anger to that moment in time..

cali spesh was just pure huge..set out if i remember correctly aprilish time and by july they was just growers dream to see how nice of a plant it was to grow..and sad i never finished that

and as for the sk#1 that was the best and vigorious of the lot as they loved all conditions and was on the same par as the cali special in height but not by much...

\

#8 _Green six_

_Green six_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

after ast years disaster i have planned well on this years plot..but remianing with my last years remaining seeds of cali special= last one so unknown sex..

berry bomb= germed 4 & 3 remaining..and the last being 3 skunk#1s left so an early prep to get as much clones off out in the wild this year..and feel after last years disaster whereby they got stolen form the golf course was just a test to see if these would have grown outdoors in the uk but as you all well know they grew to a great height of 4ft+ each but came back form my travels to only realise they all got ripped and the ast remaining berry bomb remained short but started to flower at the end of august..but the berry bomb was the only strain to remain true to the description from the actual seedbank i.e height...yield was unknown as that got taken form my garden ,....

but by the looks of it .it would have easily exceeded the 1.5 oz mark.
but take note:: the berry bomb never finished and would have loved to see if the buds were to get purple ....and also it does not take nicely to topping and stuns the shit out of it for 1 week exact..

sadly i would like to apologise to all those that tried to help me but as i was so angry at some scenarios i could only blame my rash replies down to pure anger to that moment in time..

cali spesh was just pure huge..set out if i remember correctly aprilish time and by july they was just growers dream to see how nice of a plant it was to grow..and sad i never finished that

and as for the sk#1 that was the best and vigorious of the lot as they loved all conditions and was on the same par as the cali special in height but not by much...

\

Erm... Not having a go or anything because I do it myself when I'm stoned... But did you read the thread? :rofl: :unsure:

#9 charas

charas

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

How does DP blueberry fair in our climate. Does it finish before the mold sets in?

this one finished, about the 2nd week in October, not in the best location, but yielded about3.5 of nice tasty bud

bb.jpg

C :yinyang:
e2a this photo was taken 17th september

Edited by charas, 12 January 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#10 Bad Penny.

Bad Penny.

Corporate tosser ;-)

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11724 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Just goes to show times have moved on since this thread was first started,different strains being worked on,new varieties coming to the table every year,last years Best is this years also-ran :ninja:
Victory is preparation.

#11 _Green six_

_Green six_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

this one finished, about the 2nd week in October, not in the best location, but yielded about3.5 of nice tasty bud

bb.jpg

e2a this photo was taken 17th september

Any sign of balls?

I've been doing a bit of reading on this, and one opinion that I found here was that Hermaphrodism was phenotypical rather than enviromental, citing known hermie prone stains in it's ancestry:

Blueberry »»» Blueberry
Blueberry F2

-----Blueberry Line F1

------------Temple Flo x HTAF F1
------------Temple Flo F3

--------------Floral Line

-----------------Purple Thai x Afghan
-----------------Purple Thai

-----------------------H.O.G. x Chocolate Thai
-----------------------H.O.G.
--------------------------Mexico »»» Sativa

---------------------Chocolate Thai
--------------------------Thailand »»» Sativa

---------------------Afghani
-------------------- Afghanistan Probably Indica »»» Indica

-------------HTAF F1
----------------------Thailand x Afghani F1
----------------------Thailand »»» Sativa

------------Afghani (specified above)

DJ Short- Blueberry

----Blueberry »»» Blueberry Line F2
----Blueberry Line F1
-------------Temple Flo x HTAF F1
--------Temple Flo F3
------------Floral Line
--------------------Purple Thai x Afghani
----------------Purple Thai
------------------------H.O.G. x Chocolate Thai
--------------------H.O.G.
------------------------Mexico »»» Sativa
--------------------Chocolate Thai
------------------------Thailand »»» Sativa
----------------Afghani
--------------------Afghanistan Probably Indica »»» Indica
---------HTAF F1
----------------Thailand x Afghani F1
------------Thailand »»» Sativa
------------Afghani (specified above)

(Many thanks to Brick Top of the rollitup forums for that) :yinyang:

*edit to correct stoned spelling :skin_up:

Edited by Green six, 13 January 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#12 charas

charas

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

no mate, no balls, smoking some of the hash now, it is nice.... :skin_up:

#13 SilC

SilC

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7830 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

I grew a good few f2 blueberries from DP and only one finished nicely . Lovely bud and looked like the one above at the same time of year . I might have left it longer but it was raining a fair bit .
All of them went out too late though .
I grew it a few years back also f1 that time and they were pretty good . Very purple and burned looking ,married in with the dying vegetation around the area .
'' Yes mam ,no mam , mam if you please . For t'was up the ducks arse I shoved the green peas ''

#14 _bud_boi_

_bud_boi_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Love the sound of outdoor blueberry,

So much so i splashed out on some crosses for this year just to see how they go.

I have Blue hash from Dinafem and Purple buddha from BC bud depot i also have 1 blue widow freebie and a blue cheese, aswell as some other tried and tested strains.

Anyone grown or tried these strains inside or out? Would love to know what the smoke is like.

BB

Edited by bud_boi, 13 January 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#15 whats_luring

whats_luring

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2095 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

The blue widow will perform very well as i personally remember..Dont be so suprised if they fall behind the other at the start its there own thing :yinyang:

Edited by whats_luring, 13 January 2012 - 07:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users