5 replies to this topic

#1 Twisted Rizla

Twisted Rizla

Eat sleep twist repeat...

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4470 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

I've just been germinating a few Dinafem Shark Attack seeds for my next grow. As a typical bloke I germinated the seeds and then read the instructions. They say "We recommend leaving it in total darkness the last five days to bring forth the rich aroma and extra resin production."

I know there's been a lot of discussion based around leaving the plants in the dark for 24-36 hours but, 5 days? Really?

Does anyone else keep their plants in the dark for 5 days before they chop em?

My Purpose Built Growroom

"I believe our future depends on how well we know this Cosmos in which we float like a mote of dust in the morning sky" - Carl Sagan

#2 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7132 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

No, my plants put a lot of weight on in their last few days... I reckon that would be effected by lack of light :wassnnme:

#3 THC4METOO

THC4METOO

Cptn 'Arfer Wingett

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8315 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

I swear if a seed company said on the back of their pack "let a live bear loose in your grow area for two two days before harvesting", there'd be a thread here asking "where can I get a bear?"
Putting people in prison for taking drugs is like breaking their legs for not wearing a seatbelt.

The hard on drugs, war on drugs approach has been discredited for a very long time and it's sort of pathetic to see old men still trying to re-live those primitive battles - Prof. David Nutt

#4 BigJohnny

BigJohnny

Blah.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3009 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Does anyone know where to get a bear?

#5 Kratos

Kratos

Reap what you sow

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

Turn the lights off in your groom the bear should show after bout 5 days :yep:

#6 Twisted Rizla

Twisted Rizla

Eat sleep twist repeat...

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4470 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

I swear if a seed company said on the back of their pack "let a live bear loose in your grow area for two two days before harvesting", there'd be a thread here asking "where can I get a bear?"

Totally agree but, it's complacency which makes you miss the rabbit. I was hoping I hadn't missed something in my years of growing. It's still an evolving craft after all. New ideas come along all the time and I'd hate to have missed something along the way by sticking rigidly to what I've learned previously. Know what I mean?

BTW where can I get that bear?

My Purpose Built Growroom

"I believe our future depends on how well we know this Cosmos in which we float like a mote of dust in the morning sky" - Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users