Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9254 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hey everyone, here's my BHO fudge recipe;

Ingredients:
1lb/454g granulated sugar
2oz/57g Butter (+ a little bit more to dissolve the oil in)
1/4 pint/142ml of evaporated milk
1/4 pint/142ml of fresh milk
couple of drops of vanilla essence (this component can be swapped out for all sorts of things including two big scoops of peanut butter :) )
BHO

Put everything in a big heavy pan except the flavoring/BHO and heat gently until all the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil steadily, stirring from time to time, until a you get your mixture to "soft ball" stage (240F/115C or when a small piece is dropped in cold water to to form soft a ball when rolled in the fingers, I can really recommend a sugar thermometer for this as they are only a couple of quid).
When the batch reaches 235-240F/112-115C crystallization begins to occur, at this point you take it off the heat and leave it undisturbed to cool down to about 110F/43C. If you agitate it before it cools properly it messes up the texture :(
Once you have got it 110F/43C then stir in your flavoring and beat the mixture till it becomes thick and creamy and starts to grain.
Immediately pour into a shallow buttered tin and allow to go cold and set.
Cut into squares when cold

To add the BHO I melt some butter down and then dissolve the oil into it as I find it a lot easier to fully mix it into the fudge this way. This is then added at the "flavoring" stage

I don't currently have any pics of my process but I will upload some next time I make a batch

Enjoy! :yinyang:

#2 _Glasto_

_Glasto_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

Spot on Dj ,sounds a little complex to start, think ill make some "just fudge" as a trail run. I do like a good bit of fudge so clotted cream will be the tester then cherry brandy bho , got the munchies thinking about that shit now !

Cheers for sharing :yinyang:

#3 KingBlueRizla

KingBlueRizla

Happy Hashing

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7007 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Sweet, more useful ways of getting rid of reclaim. :D How much BHO did put in to fudge that size? I will get the bits next week and make some fudge in a few weeks. Thanks. :D

#4 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9254 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

You are both more than welcome, I hope you like it. :)

As for dosage I really don't have a clue, I've never weighed bho so I just go with what I think is right to my eyes plus a little more to be on the safe side...

To me its better to be too stoned than not enough (thats just personal preference tho)

#5 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9254 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

I've just had a thought...

KBR has made me wonder about using reclaim instead of normal bho, I reckon you could dissolve the reclaim in milk and then use that instead butter.
I will give this a try in a couple of weeks but if anyone else has chance to try it first, could you please post your results :)

Thanks

#6 _grandad_

_grandad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

i use cannabutter when i do cannafudge, i also make a treakle or golden syrup toffee. i bet yours taste much better than mine.

#7 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9254 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

I dunno about that, but thanks Grandad.
what do you prefer, fudge or toffee?

If you try my recipe, let me know what you think :)

E2a: I've got a few other confectionary recipes that I will put up in the near future :smokin:

Edited by djembryo, 25 May 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#8 _grandad_

_grandad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

a teacher at my junior school used to make us golden syrup toffee, loved it ever since, i have always had a sweet tooth, i made my last treakle toffee with blackstrap molasses. my recipe for fudge is more or less same as yours, the toffee is just mixing the syrup/treakle with sugar and butter, a few drops of vinigar makes it brittle. i sometimes make soft mints, i used to do all this stuff for the kids, minus the ganja.

#9 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9254 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

I've got a bit of a sweet tooth aswell... Although I'm trying to lose weight atm lol

I love making sweets with my kid, its a great bonding experience.

If you have any recipes you would like to share, please do :smokin:

#10 Mephitis

Mephitis

I tried being normal once, worst two minutes of my life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6598 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Fudge is my edible of choice, I've made Baileys and white chocolate fudge on a few occasions now, some with added BHO, some without, it's bloody lovely and a winner at Christmas, and I am not a lover of Baileys.

#11 _grandad_

_grandad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

i pull all my recipes from the web nowdays.

#12 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9254 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Homemade Bailey's fudge is nice isn't it! I don't like Bailey's either but it goes great in sweets...

Definetely gonna have to make a batch to photo soon!

#13 mrchang

mrchang

L.E.D-GURU ;)

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8531 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

I thou this was gonna be about plugging bho..... :wassnnme:

#14 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9254 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

I thou this was gonna be about plugging bho..... :wassnnme:

lol lol that sounds messy...

#15 _grandad_

_grandad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

i thought it was about feeding a sweet tooth and getting high at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users