Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6951 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hey everyone, here's my BHO fudge recipe;

Ingredients:
1lb/454g granulated sugar
2oz/57g Butter (+ a little bit more to dissolve the oil in)
1/4 pint/142ml of evaporated milk
1/4 pint/142ml of fresh milk
couple of drops of vanilla essence (this component can be swapped out for all sorts of things including two big scoops of peanut butter :) )
BHO

Put everything in a big heavy pan except the flavoring/BHO and heat gently until all the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil steadily, stirring from time to time, until a you get your mixture to "soft ball" stage (240F/115C or when a small piece is dropped in cold water to to form soft a ball when rolled in the fingers, I can really recommend a sugar thermometer for this as they are only a couple of quid).
When the batch reaches 235-240F/112-115C crystallization begins to occur, at this point you take it off the heat and leave it undisturbed to cool down to about 110F/43C. If you agitate it before it cools properly it messes up the texture :(
Once you have got it 110F/43C then stir in your flavoring and beat the mixture till it becomes thick and creamy and starts to grain.
Immediately pour into a shallow buttered tin and allow to go cold and set.
Cut into squares when cold

To add the BHO I melt some butter down and then dissolve the oil into it as I find it a lot easier to fully mix it into the fudge this way. This is then added at the "flavoring" stage

I don't currently have any pics of my process but I will upload some next time I make a batch

Enjoy! :yinyang:

#2 _Glasto_

_Glasto_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

Spot on Dj ,sounds a little complex to start, think ill make some "just fudge" as a trail run. I do like a good bit of fudge so clotted cream will be the tester then cherry brandy bho , got the munchies thinking about that shit now !

Cheers for sharing :yinyang:

#3 KingBlueRizla

KingBlueRizla

Happy Hashing

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5691 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Sweet, more useful ways of getting rid of reclaim. :D How much BHO did put in to fudge that size? I will get the bits next week and make some fudge in a few weeks. Thanks. :D

#4 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6951 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

You are both more than welcome, I hope you like it. :)

As for dosage I really don't have a clue, I've never weighed bho so I just go with what I think is right to my eyes plus a little more to be on the safe side...

To me its better to be too stoned than not enough (thats just personal preference tho)

#5 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6951 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

I've just had a thought...

KBR has made me wonder about using reclaim instead of normal bho, I reckon you could dissolve the reclaim in milk and then use that instead butter.
I will give this a try in a couple of weeks but if anyone else has chance to try it first, could you please post your results :)

Thanks

#6 _grandad_

_grandad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

i use cannabutter when i do cannafudge, i also make a treakle or golden syrup toffee. i bet yours taste much better than mine.

#7 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6951 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

I dunno about that, but thanks Grandad.
what do you prefer, fudge or toffee?

If you try my recipe, let me know what you think :)

E2a: I've got a few other confectionary recipes that I will put up in the near future :smokin:

Edited by djembryo, 25 May 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#8 _grandad_

_grandad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

a teacher at my junior school used to make us golden syrup toffee, loved it ever since, i have always had a sweet tooth, i made my last treakle toffee with blackstrap molasses. my recipe for fudge is more or less same as yours, the toffee is just mixing the syrup/treakle with sugar and butter, a few drops of vinigar makes it brittle. i sometimes make soft mints, i used to do all this stuff for the kids, minus the ganja.

#9 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6951 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

I've got a bit of a sweet tooth aswell... Although I'm trying to lose weight atm lol

I love making sweets with my kid, its a great bonding experience.

If you have any recipes you would like to share, please do :smokin:

#10 Mephitis

Mephitis

I tried being normal once, worst two minutes of my life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4788 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Fudge is my edible of choice, I've made Baileys and white chocolate fudge on a few occasions now, some with added BHO, some without, it's bloody lovely and a winner at Christmas, and I am not a lover of Baileys.
The country is governed for the richest, for the corporations, the bankers, the land speculators, and for the exploiters of labor. The majority of mankind are working people. So long as their fair demands - the ownership and control of their livelihoods - are set at naught, we can have neither menís rights nor womenís rights. The majority of mankind is ground down by industrial oppression in order that the small remnant may live in ease.
- Helen Keller

#11 _grandad_

_grandad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

i pull all my recipes from the web nowdays.

#12 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6951 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Homemade Bailey's fudge is nice isn't it! I don't like Bailey's either but it goes great in sweets...

Definetely gonna have to make a batch to photo soon!

#13 mrchang

mrchang

L.E.D-GURU ;)

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5458 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

I thou this was gonna be about plugging bho..... :wassnnme:
"The police said mark duggan had a gun.....smiley had a knife. Jean Charles de Menezes,
he had a bomb and Ian Tomlinson died of natural causes."
Chunkymark 2011.
vince noir rock n roll star
the tare button adds awesomness to the weight everyone knows that

#14 Embryo

Embryo

Merry Dabster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6951 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

I thou this was gonna be about plugging bho..... :wassnnme:

lol lol that sounds messy...

#15 _grandad_

_grandad_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

i thought it was about feeding a sweet tooth and getting high at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users