• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Yahya Jammmeh

Yahya Jammmeh

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

When's it going to start warming up in South UK? getting fed up now with a leccy radiator in the GH for those chilly nights..and another thing..when the sun does come out the GH heats up Very Very fast, difficult to keep things constant. Grrrr

#2 Cody Cotyledon

Cody Cotyledon

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

I know how you feel Bro. :wallbash:
I'm not in your area but the Damn outside temps been reeking havoc to my GR temps. Up down up down :russian:
I have central heating and air cooling in my house so I was able to hook into a duct, so my room stays 77 all day. :trumpet:
Good luck. Shouldn't be too much longer !!! :skin_up:

This is the greatest hobby anyone could possibly have !!!

CODY C

#3 Yahya Jammmeh

Yahya Jammmeh

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Cheers Cody, lets hope it gets better soon. I keep telling myself that once summer does start it will be a good one, not like last year when we had an early false start and then we had crap levels of sunshine all through summer ending with a mouldy autumn.

Glad I found a forum for the UK, bit of a dumb question but how do I post a pic?

#4 rosebowl

rosebowl

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1552 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Welcome to UK420,

Yeah a few cold nights lately so iv got heater on in GH. And yeah morning temps are rising very quickly reaching 20 degrees+ by 9.30-10.00am. Thinking about getting an automatic window light opener as going down each morning ATM to open it is a pain with having to go to work all day, and leaving it shut will just cook the girls in there.
Im also using a heated propagator which is keeping 8 small seedlings cosy.

Here to the warmer weather and a sun shining summer

Cheers RB

#5 Yahya Jammmeh

Yahya Jammmeh

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hey RB, yes I'd definitely recommend the auto opener for the roof and louvre, it's surprising how quickly it can get to 40 degrees in my GH when the sun comes out, I remove a pane and use a fan - I don't like leaving the door open when I'm not around.

#6 angrypanda

angrypanda

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

I've got seedlings in a mini greenhouse waiting to go out to guerrilla plots, covered it with a big groundsheet just now as we are forecast -3C tonight. Did the same on the weekend as -5C was predicted, not sure if it got that low in the end but better safe than sorry! They will have to deal with some early season coldness when they go out so I guess it's not an awful idea for them to harden off, but this is just silly :headpain:

#7 bruceleesgran

bruceleesgran

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

I have a couple of berryryder seedlings (4weeks old) and I reckon they have barely grown as the temps where I live have been brutal. I was also reading that we are expecting a really cold snap thsi weekend as well. I am a complete newbie and this is seriously demoralising. Im considering buying a grow light and moving them inside. These autos are meant to take only 60days and if they continue at this rate and flower then I reckon i'll have the smallest harvest on record.

#8 angrypanda

angrypanda

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

I have a couple of berryryder seedlings (4weeks old) and I reckon they have barely grown as the temps where I live have been brutal. I was also reading that we are expecting a really cold snap thsi weekend as well. I am a complete newbie and this is seriously demoralising. Im considering buying a grow light and moving them inside. These autos are meant to take only 60days and if they continue at this rate and flower then I reckon i'll have the smallest harvest on record.

They will likely take a fair amount longer than the breeder's stated time when grown in our less-than-optimal (to put it kindly) outdoor conditions. How much longer exactly is anyone's guess (I found this out last year). So they may still get to be a decent size, although obviously not as much as if they had good conditions all along.

Best of luck with your grow! :skin_up:

#9 bruceleesgran

bruceleesgran

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

They will likely take a fair amount longer than the breeder's stated time when grown in our less-than-optimal (to put it kindly) outdoor conditions. How much longer exactly is anyone's guess (I found this out last year). So they may still get to be a decent size, although obviously not as much as if they had good conditions all along.

Best of luck with your grow! :skin_up:

Weather has picked up and my babies are starting to grow a bit. Just weondering what sort of yield can you get from Berryryder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users