21 replies to this topic

#1 stukaville

stukaville

Germinating

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hi Everyone

I'm thinking of making some cannabis oil for a little 4 yr old boy who has Neuroblastoma stage 4.

Ive looked at alot of methods already but what I need to know the most is can I use Blue Cheese as this is all I have access to for now.
Also, any advice on daily dosage would be most welcome. If i can use blue cheese im going to buy a water destiller off amazon that the makers say can also still essential oils. Ive also found a hi grade 98 precent plus alcohol on ebay which states its effectively the same as grain alcohol.

Regards

#2 gb1

gb1

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Sorry to hear.

My best suggestion to you would be to get a hold of the few people who have had success using oil with their young kids. There are a few cases of young kids getting help. I would think they would be willing to help a person with a child in their situation.
That would be my route. Suggesting a dosage for a child of that age would be extremely difficult. I'd think you would need to talk with someone in that same kind of situation.

I hope that you find the help you need.

#3 gb1

gb1

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1780 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

http://humansarefree...ants-brain.html

this one is fairly new.

Edited by gb1, 11 March 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#4 namkha

namkha

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6462 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

Hi Everyone

I'm thinking of making some cannabis oil for a little 4 yr old boy who has Neuroblastoma stage 4.

Ive looked at alot of methods already but what I need to know the most is can I use Blue Cheese as this is all I have access to for now.

Also, any advice on daily dosage would be most welcome. If i can use blue cheese im going to buy a water destiller off amazon that the makers say can also still essential oils. Ive also found a hi grade 98 precent plus alcohol on ebay which states its effectively the same as grain alcohol.

Regards

hi Stukaville,

sorry to hear about this

this is just info from googling:

the good news is that cannabinoids have been shown to have a positive effect on neuroblastoma

the bad news is that it looks like the cannabinoid you need is CBD, not THC

your Blue Cheese is very unlikely to have medically useful amounts of CBD in it

Gliomas/Cancer
http://norml.org/lib...m/gliomascancer

In addition to cannabinoids' ability to moderate glioma cells, separate studies demonstrate that cannabinoids and endocannabinoids can also inhibit the proliferation of other various cancer cell lines, including breast carcinoma,[13-17] prostate carcinoma,[18-20] colorectal carcinoma,[21-22] gastric adenocarcinoma,[23] skin carcinoma,[24] leukemia cells,[25-27] neuroblastoma,[28-29] lung carcinoma,[30-31] uterus carcinoma,[32] thyroid epithelioma,[33] pancreatic adenocarcinoma,[34-35], cervical carcinoma,[36] oral cancer,[37] biliary tract cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)[38] and lymphoma.[39-40]

---

[28] Manuel Guzman. 2003. Cannabinoids: potential anticancer agents (PDF). Nature Reviews Cancer 3: 745-755.

[29] Marcu et al. 2010. Cannabidiol enhances the inhibitory effects of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol on human glioblastoma cell proliferation and survival. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 9: 180-189.

Nonpsychoactive Cannabidiol Prevents Prion Accumulation and protects neurons against prion toxicity
http://www.jneurosci...6/9537.full.pdf

from reading your post it looks like you also need to do some research on how to prepare oils from bud... you don't use a still as you do with essential oils, because the boiling point of cannabinoids is higher than water...
www.therealseedcompany.com

"Look, we understood we couldn't make it illegal to be young or poor or black in the United States, but we could criminalize their common pleasure. We understood that drugs were not the health problem we were making them out to be, but it was such a perfect issue...that we couldn't resist it." - John Ehrlichman, White House counsel to President Nixon on the rationale of the War on Drugs.

"[Nixon] emphasized that you have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks" Haldeman, his Chief of Staff wrote, "The key is to devise a system that recognizes this while not appearing to."

#5 podencoid

podencoid

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

Hi Everyone

Regards

Sorry to hear of your situation. Water distillers can be used to distill high-proof spirit using a fermented wash, I've done it several times and it's common practice. In the US you can buy high purity grain spirits but in the UK it's better to use on of these to make your own ethanol, essentially. Your local home brew shop have all the kit, it's very popular at the moment, people flavour the spirit to make it taste like brandy or whisky etc..

People making oils tend to use a rice cooker or similar though for making the actual oil. Worth looking into, though, to see if anyone has used these spirit distillers for essential oils etc.I believe I saw recently that you can use a distiller with the lid off in the same way as a rice cooker to boil off the solvent.

My information is vague, sorry.

Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced. - Terence McKenna
Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through. - Jonathan Swift

#6 namkha

namkha

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6462 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

Tevion just pm'd me to say that Danzig is personally involved with this now, which is good news

I also had another look on google and have found research papers where THC alone has been used to treat neuroblastoma cells - there are some from the '80s and '90s - so that is good news too

Edited by namkha, 12 March 2013 - 06:55 AM.

"Look, we understood we couldn't make it illegal to be young or poor or black in the United States, but we could criminalize their common pleasure. We understood that drugs were not the health problem we were making them out to be, but it was such a perfect issue...that we couldn't resist it." - John Ehrlichman, White House counsel to President Nixon on the rationale of the War on Drugs.

"[Nixon] emphasized that you have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks" Haldeman, his Chief of Staff wrote, "The key is to devise a system that recognizes this while not appearing to."

#7 Tevion

Tevion

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4243 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

Tevion just pm'd me to say that Danzig is personally involved with this now, which is good news

I also had another look on google and have found research papers where THC alone has been used to treat neuroblastoma cells - there are some from the '80s and '90s - so that is good news too

Danzig just gave some information and will get back to the OP in due course.

I wouldn't like to mislead and say that he's personally involved, he has more than enough on his plate atm with his own caseload.

I just thought I would clear that up. Danzig isn't superman after all guys n galls.

Next time you share a private PM it might just cross your mind to ask whoever pm'd you first, more so when a 4 year old child is involved.

I'm off to bed now slightly :taz:

Edited by Tevion, 13 March 2013 - 03:50 AM.

Life isn't fair, it's just fairer than death!

#8 Tevion

Tevion

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4243 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

I was a bit harsh namkha, I publicly apologise but as I said to you in pm, Danzig has enough on his plate atm, he is advising closely on this even though he isn't directly involved.

I kind of got angry because if I had wanted to post what I told you I would have. I'm also very tired not had very much sleep this week at all but anyway sorry for being so snappy.. :yinyang:

No hard feelings I hope.

Reason for edit.

Just to add on.
I didn't want to be seen to be adding pressure on Danzig to get involved by mentioning his name publicly. I hope you understand I did try to explain through PM.

Edited by Tevion, 13 March 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#9 Tevion

Tevion

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Just a wee update,

Oil has been sourced and should be here soon, then he can start treatment. Fingers crossed because it isn't looking particularly hopeful.
Danzig has been giving advice on dosages etc.

Fingers n toes crossed.

#10 namkha

namkha

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6462 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

I was a bit harsh namkha, I publicly apologise but as I said to you in pm, Danzig has enough on his plate atm, he is advising closely on this even though he isn't directly involved.

I kind of got angry because if I had wanted to post what I told you I would have. I'm also very tired not had very much sleep this week at all but anyway sorry for being so snappy.. :yinyang:

No hard feelings I hope.

no worries at all Tevion - to be honest I was being a bit thick that and I wasn't really paying attention --- talking to someone else while I was reading/posting so brain wasn't really engaged...

anyway, best of luck with this

#11 mrchang

mrchang

L.E.D-GURU ;)

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5749 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Wot sort of strains need to be grown?
Is ther an industry standard canna plant for making this oil?
Good luck op!

Edited by mrchang, 15 March 2013 - 08:09 AM.

"The police said mark duggan had a gun.....smiley had a knife. Jean Charles de Menezes,
he had a bomb and Ian Tomlinson died of natural causes."
Chunkymark 2011.
vince noir rock n roll star
the tare button adds awesomness to the weight everyone knows that

#12 namkha

namkha

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6462 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

hi Mr. Chang,

all I can tell you is that from googling about neuroblastoma and cannabinoids I found that there has been research done showing some positive results using CBD, and some with THC too

on that basis you could guess that the best oil for treating neuroblastoma could be one with THC and CBD in it

to get that oil you could grow a plant which produces equal parts THC and CBD, such as the strains CBD Crew have bred, or a selected landrace charas or hash plant, for example

or you could grow a strain like Cannatonic which I think produces mostly CBD, make oil from that, and blend it with oil from a pure THC plant

the main thing to understand is that 99.99% of strains that people grow these days do not have medically significant amounts of CBD in

CBD is probably the most promising cannabinoid for anti-cancer medicine

but cannabis that has been bred to get you high - Skunk, Northern Lights, Haze etc. - has low to no CBD, and is basically just giving you THC... Blue Cheese for example, is bound to be a high THC low to no CBD strain

Edited by namkha, 15 March 2013 - 08:32 AM.

#13 mrchang

mrchang

L.E.D-GURU ;)

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5749 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Cheers namkha!
"The police said mark duggan had a gun.....smiley had a knife. Jean Charles de Menezes,
he had a bomb and Ian Tomlinson died of natural causes."
Chunkymark 2011.
vince noir rock n roll star
the tare button adds awesomness to the weight everyone knows that

#14 Tevion

Tevion

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4243 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Good luck op!

Any strain from CBD crew is good for medicinal so Danzig has informed us.

#15 DANZIG

DANZIG

Fuck Prohibition then fuck it some more

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11823 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Any strain from CBD crew is good for medicinal so Danzig has informed us.

As a general rule that is correct, the important thing for us is that we can now administer cannabinoids in standardized doses, e.g. our 1:1 oil GOLD capsules each contain 320mg of CBD, our BLUE cap's contain 700mg of THC. The 1:1 oil is also the base active ingredient in our Sativex type sprayable tincture
When you can't put all the fuckwits on ignore it's time to go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users