29 replies to this topic

#1 Casey Jones

Casey Jones

In the shed next to the lawnmower

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1630 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

My mate works in Ibiza 6 months of the year and this year he wants to grow a few plants in the garden of the villa he rents. Which would be the best strain to grow and is he better getting seeds from over here? He'll be going out there mid-end of May.

Edited by tywyn, 07 January 2013 - 07:47 PM.

Statistics are just like miniskirts - they give you good ideas, but hide the most important things

#2 Eelhelmet

Eelhelmet

uninteligent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1621 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Do some autos . At least he'll be able to enjoy a couple of crops before he comes home . Maybe. More depending on how they are staggered . Remember though , it's not worth trying to bring it home
The problem with democracy is two idiots can out vote a genius !

#3 Slippy One

Slippy One

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Ibiza would easily be one of the best places on Earth to grow fine weed. Fuck autos, grow any regular strain he likes, keep it local pick one of Dinafems range. And go for it!! :D

He can stash it away after drying it under a tree, and smoke it at the start of Summer '14! :yep:

:yinyang:
Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi

#4 barry1984

barry1984

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yea stash it away and then he will hopefully have enough to last him till the end of the season until he gets his next batch don't bother with autos I'd have to be trying some nice kush and cheese strains could you imagine when they start flowering all that sunny weather

#5 _EvilMouse_

_EvilMouse_
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Same ere. You could be pretty much as adventurous as you want.

Danzig from here (hope he's getting better) grew a monster in spain and he wasn't even there!!!! :guitar:
48oz's of it i think.

#6 Casey Jones

Casey Jones

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1630 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

When would they actually be ready in Ibiza if germinated in May as their climate is different to ours?

Actually Eelhelmet has a point about Autos as he's be able to get a few crops in. He's not interested in taking any back home, but a mixture of both might be a good idea so he's got a nice stash when he goes back.

Edited by tywyn, 07 January 2013 - 11:55 PM.

Statistics are just like miniskirts - they give you good ideas, but hide the most important things

#7 tengreenfingers

tengreenfingers

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4320 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Regular strains will start flowering around the summer equinox... ready for harvest a while after depending on flowering time, then drying and curing.

Autos for this season, photos to be ready for next.
"99% of police make the rest look bad." - Jacob Appelbaum

#8 Casey Jones

Casey Jones

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1630 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Sounds good to me tengreenfingers and as he hasn't grown before autos will be perfect for a quick turnaround with no fuss especially with no equipment to deal with. I'll have to ask him if he intends to use pots or straight into the earth?

Edited by tywyn, 08 January 2013 - 12:30 AM.

#9 Eelhelmet

Eelhelmet

uninteligent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1621 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

I can't see the problem with doing autos in the right environment Tbh . The thing that puts a lot of people off them in the UK is theyre mould magnets in our climate . Don't suppose that's really an issue over there . Plus there's the eggs and baskets issue . If you're relying on a photo and something goes wrong , then what ? Good luck with whatever you do tywyn :hippy:
The problem with democracy is two idiots can out vote a genius !

#10 OutdoorAl

OutdoorAl

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

I went Ibiza in the summer. Looked amazing to do a gg over there loads of bushland. The barman in my hotel had a plant on the balcony. Think every man and his dog is doing it out there.

#11 Bong Destroyer

Bong Destroyer

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

I so envy your mate. Personally i would go with autos the yields will be similar to indoor grown herb.

Edited by Bong Destroyer, 08 January 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#12 hawkwindzoo

hawkwindzoo

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2138 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

I can't see the problem with doing autos in the right environment Tbh . The thing that puts a lot of people off them in the UK is theyre mould magnets in our climate . Don't suppose that's really an issue over there . Plus there's the eggs and baskets issue . If you're relying on a photo and something goes wrong , then what ? Good luck with whatever you do tywyn :hippy:

I do autos and photos outside in southern france without problems so Ibiza should be easy.

#13 kushmonster

kushmonster

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

whats the law say in Ibiza about growing? I think in Spain (could be wrong so anyone please correct me) but you can grow a few/some. If thats the case, max out on what you can grow, look after them real well and there is absolutely no reason not to be pulling a Kilo from each...Maybe Bad Penny is good person to ask..

Edited by kushmonster, 08 January 2013 - 10:47 AM.

Life after the old Overgrow.net

#14 tengreenfingers

tengreenfingers

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4320 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Tywyn, there's no more equipment needed for photos than autos when growing outdoors. Pot to start, seeds and compost. Trowel to dig a hole in the garden (or a bigger pot). The main difference is when they'll flower.

Kushmonster, I believe the law is the same all over Spain. Legal in private. No set plant limit (because it's only legal due to privacy rights, not because of rules) but usually 1 or 2 per smoker seen as about right.
"99% of police make the rest look bad." - Jacob Appelbaum

#15 kushmonster

kushmonster

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

Tywyn, there's no more equipment needed for photos than autos when growing outdoors. Pot to start, seeds and compost. Trowel to dig a hole in the garden (or a bigger pot). The main difference is when they'll flower.

Kushmonster, I believe the law is the same all over Spain. Legal in private. No set plant limit (because it's only legal due to privacy rights, not because of rules) but usually 1 or 2 per smoker seen as about right.

cheers for the clarification :smokin:

i spend alot of time over in Greece. I've looked into the possibility of doing a pure GG there as opposed to one in the back garden. I reckon it would be a lot of hard work! with that scorching summer sunshine, it would prob need at least one watering a week, and probably and ideally, every day! I sacked off the idea when i was in Greece....All that potential work to be possibly ripped at any point. would be even more gutting than doing it here in the UK, which in comaprison, needs far less effort.
Life after the old Overgrow.net

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users