21 replies to this topic

#1 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

How many tins of gas roughly would you need for a 1ltr thermos flask?

Sawney Beans Highland Ganja

The Cannabis Chronicles

vince noir rock n roll star "your own weed is always the best weed no matter who you are ..just because it didnt agree or rather someonelse didnt like it should matter not one iota dude ..judging is subjective depending on judges tastes ..im sure you dont like some peoples weed and love others ..you let no one down ."

#2 _DaYone_

_DaYone_
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

if 1 litre is the volume of trim your going to process id estimate at least 6

#3 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Cool man thanks for that DaYone

The Cannabis Chronicles

vince noir rock n roll star "your own weed is always the best weed no matter who you are ..just because it didnt agree or rather someonelse didnt like it should matter not one iota dude ..judging is subjective depending on judges tastes ..im sure you dont like some peoples weed and love others ..you let no one down ."

#4 Elephant Face

Elephant Face

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2817 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Depends on size of tin, they will have ml on can, 1000ml in a litre. Obviously the trim will take up some area also and best not to fill completely so say 500-600ml. Big Londons are 300ml, smaller from PL.

Be careful well ventilated area preferably outdoors.

EF
EF seeing what Asia has to offer. Laos - Thailand - Cambodia - Vietnam - http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=203245[/url]
EF Treks Nepal - http://www.uk420.com...pic=284897&st=0
EF In North India - http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=285029
EF in South India - http://www.uk420.com...4

#5 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Depends on size of tin, they will have ml on can, 1000ml in a litre. Obviously the trim will take up some area also and best not to fill completely so say 500-600ml. Big Londons are 300ml, smaller from PL.

EF

Aye thanks bro, I've got a mix of big London Gas and smaller Newport tins. Used to always use a cafitiere for BHO and could always see how full it got. Unfortunately I smashed my one looking it out this morning :headpain: Little does the wife know, I'm using her thermos for BHO from now on :rofl:

The Cannabis Chronicles

#6 turbo grower

turbo grower

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

I guess it depends if its a spray or soaking method used.Assuming the 1 litre thermos flask is full of plant matter and your using the 250ml newport variety you could use up to 4 cans to fill the flask and soak all plant matter,a passive spray could use 2-6 cans

#7 Elephant Face

Elephant Face

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2817 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

EF

Aye thanks bro, I've got a mix of big London Gas and smaller Newport tins. Used to always use a cafitiere for BHO and could always see how full it got. Unfortunately I smashed my one looking it out this morning :headpain: Little does the wife know, I'm using her thermos for BHO from now on :rofl:

Just have the odd peek inside once you think its getting full, give it a tap thou as trim seems to blast onto lid so when you open it spills a little.

Why a good inch wan and not just above trim level?

EF

Just to add if your misses thermos has one of those inner lids you can press button and pour thru that works well for a first filter before coffee filter or whatever, also makes pouring easier imo. I use outer lid to cut holes for butane adaptor.

Edited by Elephant Face, 28 October 2012 - 11:14 AM.

EF seeing what Asia has to offer. Laos - Thailand - Cambodia - Vietnam - http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=203245[/url]

#8 Ishmael

Ishmael

thanks for the avatar Deez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10132 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

just to add that it is possible to get stainless steel double-walled cafetieres, very handy, I put some pics of mine in action on the main BHO thread. It's 1.5 litres i think, and half-full of trim etc you need four cans really to cover it properly, and I'd agree that you do need to see the liquid covering the bud by 1 or 2 cm to feel sure it's dissolving all it can. Then I evaporate in a glass bowl over a large pan of warm water. I do the whole thing outdoors and I can't really imaagine a safe way of doing it indoors. Butane is heavier than air and it will collect in pockets of pure butane gas under floorboards etc waiting for a spark to blow you through the roof... 300ml of liquefied butane in a can will expand into about 75 litres of gas when it's evaporated. Four cans of liquid butane makes about 65 gallons of gas, imagine 65 gallons of water spilling in your house, where would it go? That's where the explosive gas will end up.

Edited by Ishmael, 28 October 2012 - 11:19 AM.

"I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Isaac Newton

#9 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Good advise there Ef on the pouring bit on the thermos, it's got a wee button on top to press, cheers man :guitar:

Ishmael your absolutely right about stressing the safety involved when making this
stuff. I've seen a few horrors on the web of when it's gone wrong, serious shit.

Remember people SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY!! :yinyang:

The Cannabis Chronicles

#10 troy

troy

Bullshit buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

I hesitate to say this in case some f***** blows themself up but I always do mine indoors next to a open window . Yes the butane is heavier than air but it disperses quickly as it mixes with air. Although I do have a solid floor so there is no chance of it going through floorboards. Also I make sure there are no electrical devices switched on or likely to come on eg a boiler. I like living dangerously :) but as they say on the tele , "don't do this at home kids" :rofl:
Eta , I only use one can at at a time as well and let that disperse...
Atheism is merely absence of belief.
S. Pinker
Atheists believe free will is illusory and non atheists believes death is illusory.

#11 Elephant Face

Elephant Face

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2817 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

I find sometimes if i dont fill an inch above the trim then by time the 10 min soak is done it has evaporated to a level under the the level of the material. it depends how well insulated the vessel is and what the ambient temps of the area ur soaking in are i suppose but its good general advice without knowing all the environment details imo.

Fair enough, my vessel is a thermos flask with both lids on when brewing so super sealed.

#12 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

Well luckily I'm able to do my runs outside in the back garden with the shed door as cover from prying eyes. Got my first run soaking now, used 3 tins of london gas to fill the thermos, 2 large cans and one smaller can.

The Cannabis Chronicles

#13 Abe Froman

Abe Froman

Stoned Again

• Team UK420
  • 6552 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

i'd think twice about sealing a flask with a few tins of butane in :fear:
and for those with prying eyes, a cardboard box that can be moved outside with it all in , is a help.
Doesn't work in windy / rainy weather though so timings a pain..
i fill my bodum half with trim, cover it with butane , put it in the box then move it outside. 15 mins or so later bring it in to a safe kitchen, press & pour into the filter over a bowl ( in the box ) - then carefully take it outside.
i check to see it's all gone through by opening the box lid a few times .
Then it's back in , to where freshly boiled water is sat in a bigger bowl , carefully into the box and back outside to finish off. :stoned:

Edited by Tremont, 28 October 2012 - 01:10 PM.
/

reusable plant stakes
Up here for dancing , Down there for thinking.
I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.
Why you need a contactor (AKPOG's lucky escape)

#14 Graywolf

Graywolf

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

I find sometimes if i dont fill an inch above the trim then by time the 10 min soak is done it has evaporated to a level under the the level of the material. it depends how well insulated the vessel is and what the ambient temps of the area ur soaking in are i suppose but its good general advice without knowing all the environment details imo.

Fair enough, my vessel is a thermos flask with both lids on when brewing so super sealed.

We cover the material in the thermos about an inch or so too and use 30 minutes for the first pull.

Please don't seal the thermos, it makes it a bomb as it warms up.

Edited by Graywolf, 28 October 2012 - 01:11 PM.

a posse ad esse- From possibility to realization.

#15 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

Am I right in saying that putting the BHO in and out the freezer does NOT purge the butane out it? Ho am I gonna purge the stuff I made, I dont have a vac or owt, Am I safe enough just to smoke it as it is?

e2a: and at the curved sides of the glass dish I used, how do I scrape up the bho from there, can I put some Iso in the dish and swill it round, if so how to I evaporate the iso safely?

Edited by Sawney Bean, 28 October 2012 - 01:21 PM.

The Cannabis Chronicles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users