46 replies to this topic

#1 DutchPassionTony

DutchPassionTony

grateful for life

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1953 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Taviddude is a legal medical grower, he was the guy that scooped 22 ounces from his last grow of 5 Think Differents. If you didnít see that grow check it out here http://www.dutch-pas...-grow-by-Tavid/

That 22 ounce crop was with 1250w of light, but now Tavid is back and this time with a much more powerful 2kW set up. I think this will be worth following, he will be running the Dutch Passion Think Different AutoFem which he really likes and the idea is that he will be cropping 3 plants every couple of weeks.
I donít have all the details yet, but here is the start. Tavid will be dropping in to say hello.

Started with a 4 foot X 8 foot GroDen Tent
2- 600 Watt Air Cooled Lights
2- 400 Watt Air Cooled Lights
(2000 Watt Total)
4 separate 2 foot x3 foot Flood-Drain Tables.
Dust Shroom to filter incoming air.

Here are Tavids comments
ďSo with the success of my last Think Different ScrOG grow I'm going to try to take it a step further with 4 tables, more light, and a perpetual setup. 3 plants in every 2 weeks, and three plants harvested every 2 weeks. I think the challenge will be preventing pests. Spider Mites in a perpetual setup could be a real shitty situation. I think I could nurture a 4x8 grow through to harvest by itself, but bringing in new plants in to an infested area could cause some real problems. I'll be totally honest, I may just run everything at once this time around since we're still remodeling and things aren't as clean as I would like but this is, and will be a perpetual setup. I won't be changing my methods much after this. I'm already in close to 2000 bucks with everything I've got into the setup including nutes which is a LOT to grow my own personal stash. I don't sell so there is no need to go any bigger. If I fell into a ton of money there are only 2 more things I would like to do. I would like to get rid of the HID's for Good LED's, and I would like to buy a GroBot Evolution so I could automate the entire room.Ē

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by DutchPassionTony, 24 October 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#2 KingBlueRizla

KingBlueRizla

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5423 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Looks good, can't wait to see it when its in full swing. I can't decide if I like perpetual harvesting or not. I mean, sure, there is less trimming to do, but more often. Would seem like I am always trimming! Pass on the good luck vibes, I will be back to see how this progresses.

Click Here to see my hash- Bubble, Dry Sift and BHO

#3 _AutoPoter_

_AutoPoter_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

^ as the man above says!

gd luck

AP

#4 _worm1_

_worm1_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Tony you better tell Tavid someones only gone and nicked a 400watter already, i was looking for clues but the grow tent is spotless!
all the best looks like an awesome setup.

#5 Taviddude

Taviddude

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Hey All.

I've actually made a couple changes to the grow. I'll be running 3- 600 watters, and 1- 400.
To start things off I'm just going to fill the tent with plants and run it all at once. I'm going to try to keep my eye out for the faster phenos before I put down the ScrOG Nets and keep the faster ones together. That way I'm sure I can get one tray that will be ready a couple of weeks before the rest and I'll start the perpetual at that point. I just can't stand the thought of looking at an empty tent for 2 months. :nea:
So, one big grow, and then transition into perpetual toward harvest when I can get a tray out of there. :bong:

Seeds went into the cup to soak yesterday, and all sunk by today. They are sitting in paper towel right now overnight to show me their tails and tomorrow they'll go into rockwool.

My other lights should be here within the next couple days, and it's off to the races.

Edited by Taviddude, 25 October 2012 - 11:57 PM.

Do onto others... Love, Loyalty, and Respect.

#6 Niknaks

Niknaks

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

Good looking settup, best of luck with the venture. Will be checking in from time to time.
How long will it take?
Patience people. Haste only causes worry and unwanted problems.

#7 Taviddude

Taviddude

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

So, the ph probe on my Hanna Combo meter decided to take a shit today while I was adjusting the ph to soak the rockwool cubes. It was acting stupid and wouldn't give me a decent reading but I know the PH of my water and added 2 ml of ph down to a gallon of water and it should be close anyway. Shouldn't bother them for the first few days. Ordered another meter(not another Hanna Combo), but won't get it until Thursday :wallbash:
It was stored with storage solution since my last grow, so I don't know. It is what it is. I wasn't all that happy with it from the start. The PH always had temper tantrums but I could usually get them under control by resetting the meter and recalibrating it a couple times. More work than I should have ever had to put into it so I'm glad it's gone really.

The Good News is all 14 Beans germinated and are into rockwool cubes until they are big enough to go into the tent. :smoke:

Scares me not knowing the PH of things right now though. :russian: I imagine one could start seeds with regular tap water just fine, but I like to keep shit spot on from the start.

What do you all think about ph and starting seeds?

#8 moggggys

moggggys

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1985 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

What do you all think about ph and starting seeds?

i regularly use my p/h meter for seeds , the last time was 2007 ( i think ) and yes it still wasnt working due to needing batterys still , i dont like to rush things so im sure ill get round to changing them one day/month/year , in the mean time ive only knocked out ohhhh must be thousands really as i like my autos without giving even the slightest shit about what the p/h is , dont worry , the next post along will no doubt say they burst into flames or something if its not set at 5.8
ďall I said to my wife was that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah.Ē

#9 Atomic Haze

Atomic Haze

Show me how to live...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1224 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Only feed my seedlings water (don't bother adjusting ph) until they root the root riots and go into 1 litre pots, never had a problem so far.

#10 Taviddude

Taviddude

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

Thanks a Lot. I would have been lying if I said I wasn't jittered about it.

#11 hydro2

hydro2

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2113 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

That's a nice clean set up Tavid, don't mind if I join the show do you? I do like these TD's although I never got the chance to give them a go due to misfortune.

Good luck fella. :yep:

H2
Don't look for the light at the end of the tunnel, run up there & switch the fucker on yourself.

GLP & SLH diary.

#12 Taviddude

Taviddude

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

So, all 14 babies seem to be off to a good start. Got a new PH meter today, and the ph was 8 :unsure:
Only 2 out of 14 looked like they even noticed but it's all good now :B):
Everything is Locked and loaded for a nice grow.

#13 Taviddude

Taviddude

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

UPDATE:

Day 1.

Got my Colloidal Silver Generator up, and running. I ended up with an extra 2 plants that I won't have room for so I'm going for full reversal on one, and will try to seed the other. We'll se how it goes, wish me luck. Doing it like I do everything else, just reading up and jumping in.

All seedlings have gotten rid of their shells, and have their first set of leaves.
I switched from rock, to hydroton because I didn't like the weight of all the rock.
The hydroton is pulling the PH up which I expected it to do but it should go away after a while.
Got all the ducting run throughout the tent. It's really starting to look good in there other than it's missing one large hood.
Really though, It's looking SWEET! REALLY liking the setup. I Can't WAIT to see what it looks like in a month!

Got part of my package today. Got both ballasts, bulbs, but only one hood. Apparently the other cooltube was broken during shipping, and sent back to the shipper before I even got it. Fuck whatever, I just hope they ship the replacement asap.

Will upload some pics tomorrow.
Peace.
Tav

#14 DutchPassionTony

DutchPassionTony

grateful for life

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1953 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

Tavidís grow room, its day 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Taviddude

Taviddude

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

Update
Day- 16

All is good. Plants are oing great, and growing fast. Safe to say I'm pretty much back on track.
Can't wait to see them at 30 days. Going to start training them at 20-25 days, and get the ScrOG Screens on by day 30

Here's some pics from two days ago. Putting on a lot of vertical growth everyday.

Posted Image

Edited by Taviddude, 17 November 2012 - 04:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users