Each time I rebuild my room, I try and get it smaller and more efficient.
This is about as small as its going to get
The grow cupboard is an argos pine double wardrobe - roughly 50cm x 75cm x 180 cm
Lighting is a 400w HPS in an aircooled supernova shade. I have had to remove the heat shield due to airflow restrictions, and because it takes up the entire cupboard, I have had to get a bit creative with regards airflow and circulation. More on that in a bit.
I have 6 plants in the cupboard - all identical C99 clones, all roughly the same size and root mass when they went in.
3 of these are in perlite only, being fed Biobizz nutrients at 2ml grow, 2ml vizmix and 4ml root juice per litre of water.
There are another 3 in Allmix, currently being fed water and rootjuice only as a control group - I want to see how the passive hydro works against the mud - what I am hoping for is organic taste with something approaching hydro yield.
I have a 6" LTI extracting, and will probably add a carbon filter come payday.
a 4" LTI is hooked up to the supernova, but is acting as an air in, blowing fresh air on to the plants.
Due to the size of the shade, I can't actually fit a circulation fan beneath it to blow directly onto the plants. I have one hanging on a bungee above, but its not really enough.
How I got around this was to make a network of 1.5" pipes around the base of the pots that will act as air in. I then drilled small holes in the pipes, pointing up towards the plants. The negative pressure in the chamber sucks the air through the pipes, blowing jets of fresh air at the plants - keeping them moving and letting them have loads of fresh air right where they need it.
Apologies for the crap pics. My digicam died so am having to use the rubbish one on my phone for the time being
This post has been edited by OMH: 13 October 2004 - 06:30 PM