• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 niall

niall

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

As the topic says, at what stage of drying do you put your weed into brown paper bags and what for. I have some and was thinking of using them. Then would you put the weed back into jars after being in the brown paper bags?
Cheers.

#2 bushmaster82

bushmaster82

Dreaming all things carpy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2041 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

When the stems snap then bag up for a few days then jar
Glory be to the Virgin Mary and Mary Magdelene for they truly are their brothers keepers and the founders of lost causes and they were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off. LAKE PALMER/ALDRIDGE PRIOR 31 JUL 2009

If you carefully fold the corners up to encapsulate the offending feacal matter you came dispose of it safely and sanitary.. VINCE NOIR ROCK N ROLL STAR Nov 27 2010

- to someone watching it would have looked like i was walking normally then a bit of spontaneous breakdancing and an attempted somersault from the standing position.. UNDERWATER 8 Nov 2009

#3 Zion

Zion

Functional Stoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3490 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

I dont use paper bags m8. I hang until dry, then jar up. Simples

Zion86 :hippy:

"Happiness In life depends upon the quality of your thoughts" ....Marcus Aurelius..

#4 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

I dont use brown bags I prefer to use a cardboard box and as has been said wait until the stems snap then box em up for a week then into jars

Sawney Beans Highland Ganja

The Cannabis Chronicles

vince noir rock n roll star "your own weed is always the best weed no matter who you are ..just because it didnt agree or rather someonelse didnt like it should matter not one iota dude ..judging is subjective depending on judges tastes ..im sure you dont like some peoples weed and love others ..you let no one down ."

#5 niall

niall

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Well I think I'll give the bags a miss, I have plenty of jars.

#6 Lefty

Lefty

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

I find dried till stem snap is a touch too dry, i jar when the stems bend and crack, then burp daily. Ive found the smell and taste return quicker, just my experience and preferred method though. Its diff strokes for diff folks.
Leave the kitchen sink in the kitchen, dont throw it at your plants.

#7 niall

niall

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

I find it hard to keep on top of the burping, so I get a bit parra about mold. Also it's hard keeping ontop of it especially if you have 10 full jars. Oh the smell, the jars don't really hide the smell only keep it down. So I find I still have to store them well out of the way.

#8 _weedmonsta_

_weedmonsta_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

hi mate, what jars are you using? i use kilner jars and no smell gets out of them.. as far as burping, you only need to burp for 10-20 mins a day and move the buds around for a couple of weeks then you can leave them sealed

Edited by weedmonsta, 22 June 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#9 speedy1978

speedy1978

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hi people! when you jar up to you take the bud of the stem or leave it on?
because ive just got some jars but there like 50 for 6 and it would help if
i could save some room with out stem...
MINI MINI

#10 _rasclaart_2011_

_rasclaart_2011_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

I dry mine until the stems bend and then crack, then I completely de-stalk them and bag up for a few days to a week and then into the jars. They fit in much better with the stalks removed but I think some people keep them on. I've read on here that 65% humidity in the jars is about right for curing and mine is around that or just below after drying the way I do. Burp as often as I remember to for 2-3 weeks then don't bother, apart from when I get a bit out to smoke.

#11 niall

niall

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

hi mate, what jars are you using? i use kilner jars and no smell gets out of them.. as far as burping, you only need to burp for 10-20 mins a day and move the buds around for a couple of weeks then you can leave them sealed

I think mine are the same. It's a glass jar with a rubber seal around the top. They have a metal clip that when sealed creates a pressure seal around the top. I get them in ikea, cheep as chips. But the ones I use let some smell out. You can only smell it when you have a good 6 jars plus.

#12 iWeed

iWeed

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

I dont use paper bags m8. I hang until dry, then jar up. Simples

+1

#13 speedy1978

speedy1978

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

How much was the jars niall? and how big mate?

Edited by speedy1978, 24 June 2012 - 03:56 PM.

MINI MINI

#14 _weedmonsta_

_weedmonsta_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

niall i use the proper kilner jars, both the clip top ones and the screw top ones... you can get them in wilko`s cheap.. my biggest jar is a 2L one i think it cost me 2.50 , i have used it now for 3 years or so with no smell leaking, maybe you could look at those ones, even the screwtop ones are great..

1 tip though for your jars, take the rubber off and wash it in really hot water, they get compressed after a while and dirty that stops the seal from working properly

#15 Kartofel

Kartofel

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

The only time i use brown paper bags is when iv'e been on a night out drinking and pulled a dirty bird that requires a quick stop off in the McDonalds thats open til 3am, buy the cheapest large meal, devour the grimness that sits in front of you, save the bag! so later when im shagging her, i slip it over her head so i dont have to look at her ugly face.....

It is where the saying "Cor! I would brown bag her til the sun rises!" comes from

And that Sir! Is the only time brown paper bags should be used!

TD :hippy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users