this diary is a lot later than I had anticipated due to ongoing problems with LSF. I was too embarrassed to post up pics of my girls because of how poorly they looked but I've overcome the infection so I've got some catching up to do to share my progress so far. So part of the purpose of this competition diary will be to search for a keeper and once I've found it it will be used in a vertical system that I'm going to be trying out which I'll be documenting in a separate diary.
The strains I've been doing are
- Black Jack
- SAD S1
They were started in Root Riots:
Once rooted they were placed in pots of sowing and cutting compost compressed slightly and watered with SM3 seaweed extract:
at each stage I give my compost a good riddle:
which seems to make a huge difference!
which were placed under a simple 125W CFL in a DR60 tent.
Once they got to this stage they were placed in small pots of Plant Magic Soil Supreme mixed with Biobizz pre-mix (5%), worm casts (10%) and a handful of rockdust per 6L total compost. They were then moved to a DR150 tent with a 600W HPS in a simple euroshade reflector. Ventilation was a 6" extract through a pre-existing hole in the wall and a passive intake.
Extraction running through hole in the wall (this is quite handy!):
Once they started to reach this size:
Black Jack A:
Black Jack B (confused it with a Blue Widow at the time):
I then moved them to my DR120 tent which has a 1kW HPS bulb which is being used all throughout, a 6" high powered Ruck intake and an identical extraction fan connected to a 6" Rhino Pro CF. Intake is slowed down by a DIY twin variac fan speed controller.
I was at the point where I was going to start uploading photos for the diary when I noticed this:
So I started applying essence like mad. Unfortunately it started going downhill from this point on and I was almost going to have to throw the plants away. It's at this point I was so desperate to try anything, so I took a suggestion from an old member some of you no doubt remember, Tutu, and tried an ozone generator shipped in from Hong Kong via a certain popular online auction website.
The unit came with a timer that went up to a maximum of 30 minutes. I decided to take it apart and physically take out the timer as you can see, so when plug in it runs continuously. What I did was just plug it into a simple segmental timer. I ran it like this for half an hour every 3 hours during lights off for a week. Apart from unintentionally inhaling small amounts of ozone a few times, it seemed to work well and now I'm back on track.
So after a long rough period I managed to veg the plants a bit more:
and then decided to flip to 12/12.
This post has been edited by Artificial Emotion: 07 May 2012 - 10:15 PM