• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 MED

MED

Everything is temporary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3847 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

not had the pleasure of using BHO yet :( i did wonder what the best method of smoking it was tho.

hahaha hot knives? :spliff:

Peachy

#17 Graywolf

Graywolf

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

It looks to me like you put heat to budder, which melted it back down to oil. Check out the threads on vaporizing oil, for ways to use it.

What is budder/buddering ? I cant understand how i got similar to ice hash from butane ??? i cant the definition other than some super duper oil, ? It was made from a tub of chrystals if that has any relavence ? it,s fine to smoke but i,d like to know if i could have avoided it, or is that due to the thc chrystal being used to make it. Basicly i don,t know if it,s a fck up or that just happens, thanks folks TCD

Other than making budder by whipping air into it, so as to try it out, I have only made budder by accident, through auto buddering, as you seem to have just done.

It seems to be strain specific and affected greatly by the outside temperature, humidity, and the velocity of the air that I was blowing over the collection dish. When I switched to deep vessels, transfering more heat from the hot water, and with no air movement at the pool surface, I no longer got auto buddering.

How are you heating your collection dish, what is your humidity like, and do you have air movement?

Edited by Graywolf, 01 May 2012 - 01:25 PM.

a posse ad esse- From possibility to realization.

#18 trichomedome

trichomedome

Trichomedome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

:wassnnme: water temp ? Humidity ? sorry i did not realise that was even relvent. All i could say is yesterdays and early this mornings temp and r.h ? i sit my bowl in the bath and open the window. It,s kind of my safety zone there,s no thermo,s auto switches sockets etc nothing that can spark by accident/stupidity. A lot of us are half stoned most of the time, so it,s a MUST! imo TCD

If it,s any relavence the thc had been colected for 8/9 months of various from strains, and just left in a tub.

Edited by trichomedome, 01 May 2012 - 01:46 PM.

Mans inhumanity to man "Robert Burns"

#19 Graywolf

Graywolf

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

:wassnnme: water temp ? Humidity ? sorry i did not realise that was even relvent. All i could say is yesterdays and early this mornings temp and r.h ? i sit my bowl in the bath and open the window. It,s kind of my safety zone there,s no thermo,s auto switches sockets etc nothing that can spark by accident/stupidity. A lot of us are half stoned most of the time, so it,s a MUST! imo TCD

If it,s any relavence the thc had been colected for 8/9 months of various from strains, and just left in a tub.

One possible revelance, is that if the material was that old, it was most probably fairly decarboxylated and many of the lighter mono and sesquterpenes would have evaporated away.

Edited by Graywolf, 01 May 2012 - 03:45 PM.

a posse ad esse- From possibility to realization.

#20 trichomedome

trichomedome

Trichomedome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

One possible revelance, is that if the material was that old, it was most probably fairly decarboxylated and many of the lighter mono and sesquterpenes would have evaporated away.

??? It,s a learning curve gray wolf i,m at the bottom of it budy, some of you guys sound more like chemists lol, I like a good smoke as much as anyone but you guys basicly take it to another level, in turn it lets the likes of me try some of the finer cuts and methods of the world, even if it,s only the once. Keep up the good work chemical bros. TCD

#21 groovelick

groovelick

under consideration

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8903 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

Did you use dry or wet trim to make the oil?
Chiesel and Westernwinds Three Double Dutch and three free dinafems Currently Having a run at these Current Grow

If crime doesn't pay how come you never see a destitute Lawyer

"The Earth was made a common treasury for all!"

#22 trichomedome

trichomedome

Trichomedome

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

It was from dry thc chrstals and some oil that was stuck in a bowl, i put butane over it to get it out. I then put the gas from the bowl with the oil in it into a flask added the thc chrystals and ended up with the dry mass/budder ? total fluke great to work with it feels just like a bit hash and you can crumble it into a J then once you light it, it turns to oil ? i,d never even heard of it lol. Short answer dry thc chrystals lol TCD

Edit also i put the stuff out the filter through butane again and got oil the second time. I don,t know how or why ? very little a few pipes but dark shiny sticky oil ???

Edited by trichomedome, 01 May 2012 - 11:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users