• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 lilith

lilith

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:13 AM

A while back I got some weed that tasted strongly of sweet cherries. Ever since I've been trying to find a strain with a similar flavour. I've tried hunting for the cherry pheno of AK47 but haven't yet been lucky, even tho I've gone through 3.5 packs. Does anyone know of a strain where I have a fair chance of getting a sweet cherry flavoured pheno?

From doing a search of this site I've found:
Barney's Farm - sweet tooth
Soma - Reclining Buddha
TGA - querkle [although I've heard this wasn't particulary strong]
G13 Labs - Gigabud

Someone also told me that Riot seeds do a cherry flavoured strain but almost everything I've read about Riot indicated their owner is at best nothing but a hack.

Edited by lilith, 24 April 2012 - 04:15 AM.

Know, Dare, Will, Keep Silent.

#2 Zion

Zion

Functional Stoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

Red cherry berry from barneys, although its not the strongest smoke out there.

ATB Zion86

"Happiness In life depends upon the quality of your thoughts" ....Marcus Aurelius..

#3 mellowyellow420

mellowyellow420

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Sin City seeds are due to drop a load of cherry x's, they might be worth a look? Happy cherry hunting!
Mellow

#4 cheezehead 1982

cheezehead 1982

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1730 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Yh I agree with Zion there red cherry tastes nice but the high and that great mate :smokin: cheezehead :bong:

#5 Kartofel

Kartofel

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

TGA's Plushberry

TD :hippy:

#6 Dankness Monster

Dankness Monster

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I did gigabud before IMO it's not verry cherry or strong. Ok day time smoke.

#7 lungbutter

lungbutter

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

There is a line called cherry bomb that reef used to sell, I think you can probably still get it from Canada somewhere.

#8 groovelick

groovelick

under consideration

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8943 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Soma Buddahs sister
Emerald triangle Cherry og
Chiesel and Westernwinds Three Double Dutch and three free dinafems Currently Having a run at these Current Grow

If crime doesn't pay how come you never see a destitute Lawyer

"The Earth was made a common treasury for all!"

#9 lilith

lilith

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

Red cherry berry from barneys, although its not the strongest smoke out there.

ATB Zion86

I did gigabud before IMO it's not verry cherry or strong. Ok day time smoke.

A couple to cross off the list then. Theres not much point growing a strain if it lacks the high.

TGA's Plushberry

TD :hippy:

This is one of the ones I've had my eye on based on description on the 'tude but what the vendor has to say rarely means much. I found a grow diary on here with a good description of the taste here so I might pick these up if the 5 free 3D seeds are still available when I get paid. There have been too many good offers this week. :(

There is a line called cherry bomb that reef used to sell, I think you can probably still get it from Canada somewhere.

I've been trying to track down one Reeferman's cherry strains for a while, particularly cherry haze. The only place I've found currently selling them is a Russian website. It looks legit but I can't find any reviews plus I don't speak the language. Anyone know what happened to Reeferman?

Sin City seeds are due to drop a load of cherry x's, they might be worth a look? Happy cherry hunting!
Mellow

I'll have to be on the look out for them. I've not heard much about this seedbank though. Are they any good?

Emerald triangle Cherry og

I read that the flavour was more of a sour cherry flavour and some mixed reviews of the seedbank. The last couple of times I bought seeds I tried to buy a couple from the pick and mix section but they've been sold out.

Thanks everyone for the advice :)

#10 Crooky420

Crooky420

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

The revs KOS chunky cherry Malawi a nice cherry strain ;0)_

#11 Crooky420

Crooky420

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

I no someone u as a cut off the cherry pheno of ak47 ;0)_

#12 Lefty

Lefty

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

I can vouch for the plushberrys mine are due to be chopped on may 18th and they smell fruity as fook. I popped 2 seeds and got 2 fems with 2 diff phenos so was chuffed, ive got another 2 going in the veg tent. Ive got a Eva seeds Veneno on the go and that is really fruity and its the heaviest in my grow at the mo.

Heres a link of the plushs at day 32 i think!!

http://www.uk420.com...image&img=70582
Leave the kitchen sink in the kitchen, dont throw it at your plants.

#13 FARMER G

FARMER G

Extreme hybrid !

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12806 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

I think the Cheery pheno of the AK is like a 1-1000 ratio or something like that im sure i have seen that posted on the boards before

I was lucky enough to score the Cheery AK years back a friend had a mate who used to grow nothing but this , to me it was more Lychee type flavour it was very very pungent ! a little bagful in your pocket stunk the place out where ever you went :D

Not to sure you would find that pheno from the AK again as to my knowledge they changed parenting stock sometime ago ? i may stand corrected on that tho !

Some other fine suggestions in the thread to consider :yep:

Good luck with your quest

FG :v:
"When you think about it, we are no better adapted to the enviroment than cannabis. We are all survivors. The rest are called extinct"http://www.ugorg.com

Follow us on twitter @UGORGSEEDS #futurecannabis

#14 -=DrGreenThumb=-

-=DrGreenThumb=-

Natural Mystic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3681 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

I've heard Escobar (who works with Sarnie Seeds) say the most Cherry strain he could find was "Reclining Buddha" by Soma. My mates growing a cross Escobar done of Soma's Reclining Buddha with his own G13 Haze and my friend said one of the pheno's really really smells of Cherry, to him and his friends who he "blind" tested on them.

:yinyang:

#15 lilith

lilith

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

I've heard Escobar (who works with Sarnie Seeds) say the most Cherry strain he could find was "Reclining Buddha" by Soma. My mates growing a cross Escobar done of Soma's Reclining Buddha with his own G13 Haze and my friend said one of the pheno's really really smells of Cherry, to him and his friends who he "blind" tested on them.

:yinyang:

Ah, something else to try when I have the cash.

Anyone know anything about Breeder's boutique? They have two cherry flavoured strains: Sour Cherry and Smelly Cherry. I think I'm going to give the Smelly Cherry a go as it's only 25 and according to their site the genetics are Exodus Cheese cut x Heath Robinson's Black Rose x Cherry Assassin x Livers (aka Blues).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users